Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Heineken%20Cup.png

Northampton.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Leinster.png

Interesting game. The telling thing will be whether Northampton's pack can create/score more points than Leinster's 10,12,13.

as long as leinster can stop the props they should win the saints back play is lateral and unimaginative therfore easily dealt with leinster could rip them to shreds

Heineken Cup Final: Northampton Saints vs Leinster

Heineken%20Cup.png

Northampton.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Leinster.png

I am so confident in Leinsters backline that if they don't outscore the saints backline in trys I will staple a picture of a swan diving Chris ashton to my head....

I added the V bookie for this match. Enjoy betting, guys!

Congrats to Leinster on winning a second HEC! :)

i'm so confident in Leinster that i'm gona go all in with my vCash.

i do love an over confident irishman,remember meeting a few of them from munster about 10yrs ago.

the success Munster had up to the final that season was very new to them. Leinster are a whole different outfit. although i am still very weary of Northampton's pack.

It hard to predict this. Leinster probably have the better players but Saints are superb as a collective unit and it has been nice to see how they have returned from the dead since been relegated and have progressed and improved consistently

It's going to be decided in the pack. Should Northampton gain supremacy in the tight five and back row, they'll be in a position to bludgeon Leinster in a similar manner as they did Ulster and Perpignan. Should Leinster achieve parity, they have a huge advantage in the half backs and midfield which they should be able to exploit. While Northampton have a very dangerous back three, Leinster's is in or around the same level and it's all inconsequential if you midfield can't get you the ball.

I'd fancy our pack to stand up. We've taken on Clermont, Toulouse and Leicester, who were all very strong in that area and the boys have held firm. When you look at the teams Northampton have played this year on the other hand, you'd have to say they haven't really been tested by a top team yet. If the boys can keep to their tasks and not surcome to the over confidence on display in this thread, we should be able to take a win. That said, Northampton are a good team and anything can happen in a cup final.

the leinster back line has not met courtney lawes yet he hits everything that moves.
have they met a pack like saints no,the perpingnan pack has dominated every pack its played until sunday,it got destroyed.
i am sure this game will be a little belter,but as i have stated before do not underestimate the saints because as stated by munstermuffin they are a team.

the leinster back line has not met courtney lawes yet he hits everything that moves.
have they met a pack like saints no,the perpingnan pack has dominated every pack its played until sunday,it got destroyed.
i am sure this game will be a little belter,but as i have stated before do not underestimate the saints because as stated by munstermuffin they are a team.

Yes. Toulouse, Leicester and Clemont all boast monster packs. I wouldn't say the Perpignan pack had dominated every other pack they've played this season either. Otherwise they wouldn't have lost to Scarlets and wouldn't be sitting ninth in the Top 14.

You talk about over confident Irishmen, but what about over confident Englishmen?

No team will have an easy go at it.

[strike]Both sides[/strike] Saints obliterated Tiger's pack this season during a home game (Leinster did enough). Not sure what baring that has anyway, those rules would mean Saracens should be in the final against Stade.

You talk about over confident Irishmen, but what about over confident Englishmen?

No team will have an easy go at it.

cant find any englishman on here stating saints are about to win there second H/C.

Latest posts