• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hey No offense to anyone

players that play in europe werent released and some players like finau maka wanted to play but coach love was so caught up in picking players from nz and australia who played like not even 3rd class rugby and dropping guys like tevita taumoepeau and not picking finau maka.

it was hard for players who were released like aisea havili because they were ask to pay for everything travel and stuff so its hard and alota of politics involved with tongan rugby.

canada is a good team but they did have theyre star players at the world cup.Ask anyone who follows tongan rugby and they would tell you they didnt recognize the tongan team at the rugby world cup except for taukafa who was droped in 96 and somehow manage to make the team lol.

where did you post them humphrey and i will agree fiji and samoa are better than tonga lol i got tired of watching tonga loose at teufaiva stadium to fiji and samoa we won sometimes though lol.

oh nvm i found the squad thanks alot and what i have to say is
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOO

why couldnt they pick the team that played fiji and samoa last yr instead of that rugby world cup squad full of tongas who nvm dont even get me started on them lol.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Mar 16 2005, 09:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Mar 16 2005, 09:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Humphreys
@Mar 16 2005, 09:33 AM
how do you say france is better right now??????????????you are going by history im going by NOW!
Argentina might definitely win, but France would still be picked as favorite.

If anyone can find a bookies website that shows the odds on each of the matches . . [/b]
u've hit it right on the head captain

the odds for each match is the only way to decypher which team is perceived the better team of the 2, by the general public

and i can garantee argentina have not started favourites in any match against australia, nz, england, and france and even SA, or maybe ireland.......especially if the argy bargys are travelling..........they are almost $3.00 to win...at home they are shorter odds, but still not the favourite

regardless of the result in the end..........they still dont start favourites for the next match........more consistency is needed
however if the stats (above) read correct, it would not surprise me if the argys start favourite against france in the next match (especially if its at beunos airies)

i know based on the info provided here, i'll be chucking a cheeky tenner on the pumas in the next match against the frogs.......the value does look even moe promising

ALLBLACKS your post on the previous page is mostly redundant.

Almost none of those players have ever had elegibility to play for Tonga, and if they did they sure don't now. How does that have anything to do with whether the current team is better than canada or not?

Cullen? Howlett? George Smith? What in Gods name are you talking about? Those guys lost their elegibilty in their teens. I know you're saying "what if" but that would never ever ever ever have happened, even if the Tongan Rugby Union had more money.

i was saying if tongas rugby board could afford players like them they might have grown up in tonga playing here toutai kefu grew up in tonga george smith didnt even play for his tongan high school team and i was just stating that we produce some of the best players the world has seen.

i didnt say we would have those players at the world cup.

he was playing club rugby in japan i think hes playing club rugby in australia now and then hes off to help coach tonga with willie-o and daniel manu

Canada was missing some key players in the Rugby World Cup aswell as some of the ruo clubs were being little *****es and we had some injuries so don't give me this Canada had all their star players crap.

At the world cup Canada had just gone through a major change to its rugby program aswell. We had a number of key players retire so our team was veyr young and watered down.

was it watered down like tongas where you couldnt recognize i single player thats what is was like for me watching the tongan team you guys had morgan williams and fauth and digirolamo and stanley and your 2 best fly halfs you had charron i didnt see alot of your key players if anything that was canadas strongest squad tonga on the other hand went through a complete makeover lol.

So basically you have gone from saying Tonga's best were unavailable to saying it was poor selection. Well, that's not Canada's fault, and they were also missing some of their European players. In the last 5 years, Tonga has not won against Canada and will not continue to do so in the forseeable future. Tonga far and away the weakest of the big PI 3.

no i was saying tongas best couldnt b selected and canada had theyre best im still asking for names ive given you gusy names of the tongans that were missing yet still you guys reply with players were missing.

canada beat tonga at the world cup 27-7 i think they beat tonga b4 that i forget the score but the game was in canada and tonga couldnt get all theyre players over there they didnt even have jersey remember they had to buy red ts and put numbers on the back.

they beat canadas strongest team when canada came to tonga in 99 and they beat the same french team that beat nz and went on to the wc final that same yr 20-16.

my other replys have been how many great players are tongan i never said it was canadas fault we didnt have our best players.all i said is canada had their stars charron di girolamo fauth morgan williams we didnt have one player that was recognized by our country only players from way back that had been droped or players playing in divisions unheard of in nz lol.

also during the pacific rim during the second yr of the pacific rim after japans bluff usa canada and japan couldnt beat tonga samoa or fiji and you northern teams quite the pacific rim saying you couldnt learn anything from the pacific 3.

but when it all comes down to it no excuses tonga lost and lost bad at the world cup

That was 6 years ago. This is now. Tonga is ranked 20th in the world, and rightfully so. Who did they beat last year? Not a soul.

Latest posts