• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hookers

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotemain'>Joke...topic?[/b]

Topic is etymology of rugby terms... please keep with the program. And feel free to contribute something if you can. BTW etymology means how and why and where words/term came about/into usage.

Jokes on this forum seems to be making fun of handicapped people... maybe some of you posters should watch the para-olympics and laugh.

Hmmm...
[/b][/quote]
So I was right then. What's left to contribute? Your question has been answered already.

So I was right then. What's left to contribute? Your question has been answered already.[/b]

Excuse me mrSpeedy... as this is my thread I think I should be allowed to decide when the question has been answered... as I stated before we are attempting a discussion here on the etymology of terms here... and as this helpful poster noted...

They can also be called rakes (no, not because they make a rake shape...) and theres a heap of other names that can be applied to the No.2 position. [/b]

So if there are also a heap of other names that can be applied to the #2 position then let us discuss why hooker is appropriate especially considering the other usage of the word. I stated that they could have been called archer but another poster pointed out that archery came about before rugby so that would have been confusing. Now we know that a #2 could have been a rake...

Or is this just a Q&A forum where only making fun of handicapped people, or dismissing girls who do not know but wish to know something about the sport is allowed?

Hmmmp...

If you have nothing to contribute then please do not.

<div class='quotemain'>So I was right then. What's left to contribute? Your question has been answered already.[/b]

Excuse me mrSpeedy... as this is my thread I think I should be allowed to decide when the question has been answered... as I stated before we are attempting a discussion here on the etymology of terms here... and as this helpful poster noted...

[/b][/quote]
Sorry, when you said what you did about handicapped people I assumed you were referring to yourself in a loose way; which is why I called bullshit on the topic. My mistake, carry on. :3

Sorry, when you said what you did about handicapped people I assumed you were referring to yourself in a loose way; which is why I called bullshit on the topic. My mistake, carry on. :3[/b]

Would you please explain yourself Sir...

As it was obvious I was referring to the unnecessary and cruel pictorial responses to my thread.

So are you saying that you think I am handicapped?... and thus my thread is dismissed as a joke or to quote you 'bullshit'?

and also that you think it is OK to make a joke out out people who were born with Downs Syndrome?

Yes I do think you are mistaken and also I think you are a very sad individual.

But no doubt you will carry on... as I said have fun laughing at the para olympics...

<div class='quotemain'>Sorry, when you said what you did about handicapped people I assumed you were referring to yourself in a loose way; which is why I called bullshit on the topic. My mistake, carry on. :3[/b]

Would you please explain yourself Sir...

As it was obvious I was referring to the unnecessary and cruel pictorial responses to my thread.

So are you saying that you think I am handicapped?... and thus my thread is dismissed as a joke or to quote you 'bullshit'?

and also that you think it is OK to make a joke out out people who were born with Downs Syndrome?

Yes I do think you are mistaken and also I think you are a very sad individual.

But no doubt you will carry on... as I said have fun laughing at the para olympics...
[/b][/quote]
I didn't notice the picture until after I read your last response. When you said "do you get kicks out of making fun of handicapped people", I assumed you meant yourself in a loose way due to the fact I'd missed the picture and because you had problems in understanding what people were saying when it was blatantly obvious some were kidding. Which is why I thought you made the topic as a joke, but I won't delve further into that.
As for me making fun out of people born with Down Syndrome, I think you can shut up on that account, as a family member of mine was handicapped, and I will soon have a job which includes caring for people with learning disabilities and Down Syndrome. Don't assume things, please as it's rather tedious watching your remarks backfire - I haven't made fun of a handicapped person in my life.
I admitted to being mistaken in my last post, so there was no need to point that. And as for being a sad individual, maybe, but not for the reasons that you have listed.
/rant.

Ohio, just because you make a topic here, doesn't mean you get to dictate every single person who posts here. That's not how it works.

The image posted was just a joke, yes, this is not in the off topic section, but humour has a sneaky way of appearing in every day life.
I'm pretty sure no one intended to say anything bad about handicapped people. Usually this is implied when using something as a joke, to give a brief example, I heard dozens of dead baby jokes, and none of the jokers telling them would laugh at a real dead baby.

Closing this topic. I suggest you take most things you read on the internet with a grain of salt, and I hope you'll accept that people don't take everything 100% serious all the time, since that would make life incredibly boring.

Ohio, just because you make a topic here, doesn't mean you get to dictate every single person who posts here. That's not how it works.

The image posted was just a joke, yes, this is not in the off topic section, but humour has a sneaky way of appearing in every day life.
I'm pretty sure no one intended to say anything bad about handicapped people. Usually this is implied when using something as a joke, to give a brief example, I heard dozens of dead baby jokes, and none of the jokers telling them would laugh at a real dead baby.

Closing this topic. I suggest you take most things you read on the internet with a grain of salt, and I hope you'll accept that people don't take everything 100% serious all the time, since that would make life incredibly boring. [/b]

Thanks for closing the topic Laetca. An appropriate action. I had to take the opportunity as an admin to say something about my "poor taste" post as a footnote.

It seems I offended the original poster with my "cheap laugh" as he has reported my post multiple times. I would like it known that I do not find differently-challenged people funny. I believe they are intitled to respect ,as is any human. I posted the joke that I did, not based on any persons misfortune, but based on the fact that three individuals ALL looked humourous and ridiculous in one shot.

The fact that these people were born with extra life challenges was not a factor at all. I have seen hundreds of photos where people such as this look wonderfully dignified and indistinguishable from anyone else. I laughed at the photo the same way as I would laugh at a similar photo catching any other person off-guard. I choose not to patronise and further demeen these lovely people by treating them with overtly favourable rules of engagement. Many challenged people believe that they do not want to be treated differently when it comes to humour and feel that to be not laughed at like anyone else is further discrimination.

Also, challenged people do not, generally speaking, like to be referred to as handicapped. That is no longer a term which many "challenged" people want to be referred to. In fact the only time they like "challenged" is when the subject of their difference is raised. Which is generally raised by people "defending" them.

My wife and I have a child and plan to have another. We are aware of what can happen to anyone when they are born and know a great deal more than you seem to understand about respect.

I hope this brings an end to your fruitless reporting of my post.

Do, I feel like a big rugged man now? Yes, yes I do. My wife tells me that I'm doing well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts