• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How should they beef up refereeing?

L

Lagger

I read in this mornings paper that the two touch judges who officiated the Curry Cup semifinal between the Bulls and the Cheetas were suspended for 12 months, because they judged the kick of Derick Hougaardt before halftime, to be short, when it was in fact over. This changed the pattern of play in the last 20 minutes of the match when the Bulls attempted to score a try when a dropkick or penalty would have been sufficient to see them through to the final.

A lot has also been written about the quality of refereeing in the RWC especially in the game between France and the AB's.

The game is now proffesional and a lot of money is at stake and carreers on the line pending the outcome of games.

What do you think should/could be done?

Cheers

Electronic sensors on the ball, full stop... [/b]
The posts would have to be bloody tall for that to work properly. If the ball passed over the top of one of the posts, and the touch judges were unable to make the call, what would happen?

1) REPLACE BALL WITH LEMON
2) REPLACE REF WITH STEPHEN HAWKINGS'S A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME
3) MAKE DROP KICKS WORTH -4 POINTS AND CUT OFF JONNY WILKINSON'S LEGS TO ELIMINATE THE USE OF SAID KICKS
4)MAKE TRIES WORTH -2 POINTS TO ELIMINATE THE NESSISITY OF TMO'S
5) ELIMINATE THE PLAYERS TO AVOID CHEATING

so we're left with a lemon and a copy of a brief history of time. now thats what i call a night in!

I read in this mornings paper that the two touch judges who officiated the Curry Cup semifinal between the Bulls and the Cheetas were suspended for 12 months, because they judged the kick of Derick Hougaardt before halftime, to be short, when it was in fact over. This changed the pattern of play in the last 20 minutes of the match when the Bulls attempted to score a try when a dropkick or penalty would have been sufficient to see them through to the final.

A lot has also been written about the quality of refereeing in the RWC especially in the game between France and the AB's.

The game is now proffesional and a lot of money is at stake and carreers on the line pending the outcome of games.

What do you think should/could be done?

Cheers [/b]

About bloody time the refs have been made accountable for their actions especially such a thing as seeing if the ball went over the goalpost god damn if they can't get that right then wtf are they even doing with a flag in their hands.

I say good on them for suspending these idiots but it still sux because that doesn't change the fact that they have made a really bad call sending a team home which potentially could have made it to the final.

Latest posts