I need help to improve my English listening/speaking skills

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
Hi buddies, I'm studying English and I have problems with my listening/speaking skills. My teacher told me that to improve my speaking and listening skills I need to live overseas but I can't right now.

I want to take the IELTS in the next months/years but I need to improve my listening and speaking. This test is important for scholarships abroad and skilled migration visas so it's really important for me. For scholarships or visas you need something like 8, a really high score.

My teacher says that the IELTS listening consists about different kind of accents around the world, like English, Irish, Australians, New Zealanders. So I need to know the different accents.

I was thinking and TRF is the perfect place to find help. We have people from all the world, different kind of accents and everyone loves rugby, so we have something in common.

So I'm looking partners to improve my skills. There has not to be something very serious. We can talk about rugby or something like that. By Skype, Whatsapp or whatever.

If someone wants to help me, just let ke know in my inbox. I will appreciate very much.

Last edited:
I would love to help but my crappie east Midlands accent would probably damage more than improve your English

Hi buddies, I'm studying English and I have problems with my listening/speaking skills. My teacher told me that to improve my speaking and listening skills I need to live overseas but I can't right now.

I want to take the IELTS in the next months/years but I need to improve my listening and speaking. This test is important for scholarships abroad and skilled migration visas so it's really important for me. For scholarships or visas you need something like 8, a really high score.

My teacher says that the IELTS listening consists about different kind of accents around the world, like English, Irish, Australians, New Zealanders. So I need to know the different accents.

I was thinking and TRF is the perfect place to find help. We have people from all the world, different kind of accents and everyone loves rugby, so we have something in common.

So I'm looking partners to improve my skills. There has not to be something very serious. We can talk about rugby or something like that. By Skype, Whatsapp or whatever.

If someone wants to help me, just let ke know in my inbox. I will appreciate very much.

Pronunciation is important. So just watch lots of movies in the English language, for instance: American movies. That should help you a lot. Having a good ear, and pronunciation is key to learning or improve upon a new language.

Last edited:
I would love to help but my crappie east Midlands accent would probably damage more than improve your English

Is it so different like the Irish accent or something like that? Don't worry. I need to hear all the accents because the IETLS has different kind of accents

Is it so different like the Irish accent or something like that? Don't worry. I need to hear all the accents because the IETLS has different kind of accents

I'm sure you hear my accent is not necessary, I just screw up your English!:lol:

England itself has huge variations in terms of accents - Midlands, Cornish, Geordie (Newcastle), Scouse (Liverpool) and Home counties all have very different accents.

I had a friend once in Italy, and he would teach me Italian, and i would teach him English. It was difficult with the scheduling, and we left it. If you get someone via skype or whatever, figure out your schedules.

Last edited:

Latest posts