• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IF you own a PS2 AND an Xbox...

<

I don't take as much pleasure in this as it may seem....

BUT, if you didn't get that online one or one of the others off trade me..I don't think you can get one. Nothing in google of interest (the Harvey Norman one is incorrectly named nad is NOT, I repeat NOT component - it is composite (i.e. the one originally with the game etc). If you buy the only one I see a being available - which is the MONSTER one from, say, dvdshop.co.nz - it has no audio plugs at all!? Just the three video! So no improved sound...if any!? Also the monster has a bad track record.

So TWO deifinite advantages I will be taking into the rugby 2005 experience..

- vastly improved picture (from before - almost unrecognisable and incomparable apparently!!) and a far superior controller.

Wahooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Sorry guyz. I am.

But at least the xbox has good graphics to start with. Still, this definitely evens the playing field.
3 video leads times two audio leads = multiple gaming orgasm!

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 14 2005, 08:52 PM
- vastly improved picture (from before - almost unrecognisable and incomparable apparently!!) and a far superior controller.
Apparantly, according to the chaps who have played both, they prefer the Xbox controller.

I am not trying to upset you.....honest
<

This topic doesn't just concern the Xbox graphics..... the game plays WELL BETTER than the PS2 because of the much smoother frame rame, the much closer players, better analog control etc. Buying top quality leads for the TV will enhance the PS2 picture yes, but it won't change the gameplay.

I've got component video hooked up for both my X-Box and PS2, and it makes them both look awesome, but at the end of the day I'll choose the X-Box version for the factors which enhance game-play.
When I first had my PS2, I had a really doubtful feeling about X-Box, but nowadays I'll have to admit, it was because I didn't have one that I couldn't truely compare them.

When it comes down to it I think the PS2's controller is marginally better designed than the X-Box, but thats about it.

I've also played many of the same games on both when we've had tournaments over at my house of things like Fifa and SJRL, (we'll have both consoles going and record the results and points on paper) and everyone wants to play their games on the X-Box. Frame-rate and other control based improvements will make X-Box a must for me in R2005.

This is just my opinion, and I don't like either company more than the other, it's just I like the best console I can play a game on.

sorry im new to these but....

where do u get these component video/cables from and will it work on a normal TV 'cos i only hear that it only works on HDTV screens.

can anyone guide what sort of requirements do i need to enhance the games graphics

pictures will be nice

THANKS

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Mar 14 2005, 08:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Mar 14 2005, 08:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Mar 14 2005, 08:52 PM
Apparantly, according to the chaps who have played both, they prefer the Xbox controller.

I am not trying to upset you.....honest
<
[/b]
I meant the controller is far better as far as I am concerned - I MUCH prefer it.

I am concentrating on helping the PS2 gamers get the best experience.

Locksely, mad with power, has gone too far now. hehe.

He loved the game on Ps2 and now he has lost it (tongue in cheek).

he should know this:

b/c there are more ps2 owners than xbox owners - he is making MOST of us sad.

<
<

please stop it.

also Locksley,

recently you implied that dummyin the PS2 version means you have to then pass.

I have spoken to someone with just the demo and that is not the case....as I suspected.

is this one of the gameplay improvements?

Because - did you have the final version PS2 game? and did you ever play it with component leads on a decent tv....NOT -

"yeah it would look better..."

but did you actually see it?

If not, then you don't know if the experience will be the same for me.

I note that the same leads (not s-video but component) for xbox are a little harder to get hold off.

Xboxers dig their machine and so they should. But can you talk up the xbox without talking down a game that some of us PS2 gamers will be getting whether we like it or not. It's a bit of a downer.
<

Also - much closer players is luckily not an iss ue for me for two reasons - too close means limited view and, anyway, I am side view! Wahoooo!

side view! side view! side view!

cheers.
<

Locksley only said classic 2 is closer on X-Box, not side view.

Also, whether any of us like it or not, the X-Box does have superior graphics quality. Sony even acknowledge it. This is not saying the PS2 is crap.
PS2 is a good machine, and has some games that are better adapted gameplay wise, but we can't bury our head in the sand and pretend the X-Box doesn't have better graphics.

It's like saying Dan Carter is faster than Rokocoko, sure he's just as good a player (and in some ways better) , but there is no way he is faster, it just isn't true.

All Locks is trying to say is that the game has SOME features that are better on X-Box.
This thread was started for those of us who have both consoles, not to offend PS2-only people, they have a great machine to play R2005 on, but some of us have a choice to make.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Mar 14 2005, 11:25 PM
Locksley only said classic 2 is closer on X-Box, not side view.

Also, whether any of us like it or not, the X-Box does have superior graphics quality. Sony even acknowledge it. This is not saying the PS2 is crap.
PS2 is a good machine, and has some games that are better adapted gameplay wise, but we can't bury our head in the sand and pretend the X-Box doesn't have better graphics.

It's like saying Dan Carter is faster than Rokocoko, sure he's just as good a player (and in some ways better) , but there is no way he is faster, it just isn't true.

All Locks is trying to say is that the game has SOME features that are better on X-Box.
This thread was started for those of us who have both consoles, not to offend PS2-only people, they have a great machine to play R2005 on, but some of us have a choice to make.
<<Locksley only said classic 2 is closer on X-Box, not side view.>>

That's exactly what I meant...! That was my point. B/C I play side view this ISN'T better in xbox. That's all I'm saying.

Yes if I had xbox I would have to think about getting it. But I just looked at the controller before (while I was researching cables FOR YOUR GUYS' CONSOLE (XBOX) unselfidhly for the last friggin' hour or two onlt to cop criticism) and the control is the electronic version of the elephant man. It is a steaming piece of poo...mispositioned buttions, horribly placed analogue sticks. I'm not settling for that rubbish.

Anyway, upshot of my hours of searching FOR YOU GUYS is this: You can't get the cables, basically, unless you get 100 dollar monster (unreliable) cables that could potentially ruin your tv and console from dvdshop.co.nz or somewhere overseas. I'm saying this is an advantage over xbox b/c it obviously is. I get my component cables with my order - it was that easy.

So really - in terms of xbox v PS2 for this game - it is all relevant isn't it?

Locksley has been playing Xbox while he has been much better at the game he has also being playing lots of Xbox multiplayer which is probably more fun (multiplayer) - I think this affects the ability not to get carried away!! lol!

I liken the feel of xbox to the unnatural feel a PC has. Gameplay is never as good (even if frame rate etc is better) - it just feels wrong. The component will improve my graphics, sound, colour, definition and resolution in a combined electronic effort with my powerful tv and I will struggle not to rip my clothes off and make sweet love with the picture that appears before me.
<

GG - I hope you got in on that auction - b/c PS2 compoent cable ($25!!) is readily available but xbox not and v expensive. Good luck.

<

umm i think you are being a bit blind los lover, yes with the right cables ps2 can look better but the FACT is xbox version is superior as you dont need extra cables and setting to see it in all its glory, and cable wont fix the fact that the ps2 verison has framerate issues.

xbox has better raphics and is more powerful, therefore has less framerate problems meaning it willl not only look ebtter but play better, all ps2 can do with extra cables and setting (time and money spent) is look better.

IT IS RELEVANT otherwise he wouldn't have said it in the first place, what he is saying isn't a mmyth, he is simply stating fact after he has played the full version on both systems., he is not putting down the ps2 so stop being so defensive, he is simply saying the obvious and that is the xbox version is cleaner and more playable.

i for one love the ps2 but if any game comes out on both systems i get it for the xbox because i know there will be faster loading times, better framerate and more offen than not better graphics.

i love ps2 for games like gt3 (soon gt4), mgs, gta and think it is a good console but as another memeber said i am not gonna lie to myself and ay it is even close to as powerful as the xbox.

but by all means the ps2 version will still be great, these are only little improvement but they do make a difference to people who have both version and are skepticala bout the xbox control scheme.

there no need to be so defensive he is not trying to offend you (and just in case, neither am i)

Ok fair enough...

but back to the xbox in its full glory w/out the cables - that is not true...

the component cables can lift the PS2 with a good tv (like the one I recently got - my baby!) to 480p and higher - now with improved resolution, colour, definiton etc that's pretty damn good. My tv - when the games support it and when PS3 comes out will go 1080! Games that utilize progressive scanning can be utilised to.

But the xbox is only around that level to start with.
There are the same range of cables available for the xbox and they vastly improve the graphics (do a search on the net on it like I have) - s-video cables, component cables etc and THEY ARE EXPENSIVE B/C THEY do DO A GOOD JOB.

iF THE ps2 OWNERS can make this significant upgrade (QUITE SIGNIFICANT IF YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SYSTEM TO TWEAK EVERYTHING) for $25 and the xboxers can't or , even if they can, have to pay $70-$100 for them...then that is a reason PS2 is better.

Framerate etc - I'll just have to take your word. But I think it's been blown out of proportion. Locksley liked the PS2 fine (before lured by the crack bong of xbox..lol!). and most others gave a lot of opinions on the demo which is not the ful version either. Just saying.

peace.

nope you cant, the best platform to get it for is (if you like controllers xbox,pc,ps2

if you like mouse and keybaord then pc is def the best platform

Well Los, my TV only has an S-video input, not the component one. Still better that than the AV leads.

Then I realised that my brother in law has got S-video leads for the XBox which he has no idea what they are for. So my wife is going over today to get them.

Thanks for the technical advice Los
<

Just to wade into the original arguement..........

I have always been a PS2 man, but only because some of the sports games I played have only been availiable to that system - this isn't the case anymore......

I got some time yesterday to check out the rugby 2005 PS2 demo at EB, and I must admit I was a little sceptical about gay guys comments but............I too was a little "underwhelmed" by the graphics. Gameplay was OK, but it did make me think that Xbox (from what I know) would make the experience so much better......

Needless to say I checked on trademe this morning and with a bid ending in 5 minutes purchased an Xbox with three controllers, five games (3 of which I will trade in for rugby 2005) for $250.00.
<

Yeah I think I am going to buy a used XBox for $200 from Dollar Dealers. A new one would be a waste of time with XBox2 and PS3 coming in a couple of years. Also I am hoping to get an OLDER model XBox (like mine that was stolen) as these newer models do not copy songs that are burnt from the internet.

nice... whats this hear "tactic" ive been hearing about? or could someone direct me to a thread where it was said so as not to fill this one with spoilers?

ninja, just do a Search for Spoiler or Tactic and it'll come up. Spoiler is in the thread ***le.

Latest posts