• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IF you own a PS2 AND an Xbox...

I have a nice flat screen TV and I own all the major consoles, (XB, GB, PSII).

I bought the XB version, but since I own a PSII, I rented the PSII version.

I have a very new television, so I use component video and fiber optic audio for my consoles.

I use these Monster Component Cables for my PSII......

The ultimate performance component video A/V connection of PS2® to TVs or receivers with component video inputs.
10 ft. extra-long length lets you play anywhere without controller extension cables.
5-in-1 cable design is simple to hook up.
24k gold contact connectors ensure optimum video and audio signal transfer.
Advanced DoubleHelix construction delivers reference quality sound for all your CDs and DVD movie ***les.

PGL400_CVAA_glam_bkrnd_tn.jpg

I use this for my X-Box Fiber Optic Audio...........

Outperforms ordinary analog audio connections.
Fiber Optic connection for Xbox® Dolby Digital® and DTS® surround sound capabilities.
Extra low-loss optical fiber provides crystal clear highs and powerful, articulate bass.
Precision polished connector minimizes digital distortion for more accurate sound.

I use this Monster Fiber Optic for my audio on my PSII......

The preferred high performance digital connection of PS2® to receivers with fiber optic audio inputs.
Outperforms ordinary analog audio connections.
Fiber optic connection allows you to take advantage of PS2's Dolby Digital® and DTS® capabilities.
Specially optimized extra low loss optical fiber provides crystal clear highs and powerful, articulate bass.
Precision polished fiber optic connector minimizes distortion for cleaner, more transparent sound.

LW100bgwhite_tn.jpg

As for my X-Box I use these Monster Component Cables..........

Nitrogen injected dielectric delivers maximum video signal strength for the clearest, sharpest picture possible.
10 ft. extra-long length lets you play anywhere without controller extension cables.
5-in-1 cable design is simple to hook up.
24k gold contact connectors ensure optimum video and audio signal transfer.

XGL400_tn.jpg
XGL100_adapter_tn.jpg

Playing the same game on both systems, and having the same Video & Audio connections.

Hands Down the X-Box version destroys the PSII version, like it's been said before, if you are broke and can not afford to buy another system and already own a PSII, well then you'll have to stick with your version.

But the game plays much smoother on the XB compared to the choppy PSII version. Much more, the analouge stick on the XB is much tighter and has a closer center base compared to how "higher and looser" it feels on the PSII pad.

If you are the type of "slower" gamer that needs anything more than a few hours to get used to another format of gamepad "lmao" then so be it Stick with what you have known for years. But if you are open minded and own both systems, but prefered the PSII pad, give it a shot and get the XB version.

Trust me, once you play em' both side by side, you will be willing to get used to the XB pad, and thank yourself for it.

I've got a PS2 with a 100hz widescreen and s-video connector. Game looks great to me - no slowdown or chop at all. WCR lagged me to death (especially when raining in the game).

... only slow loading times I can see in the PS2 are for Profiles/Roster/Tournament saves and for create-a-player.... much better then the ridiculous R2004 attempt and well within reason for the (getting old now) PS2

... don't worry about your PS2 version bokke ... you'll love it anyways, I've both systems and I stand by my decision to always get sports games for the PS2...

...PES4 on the Xbox... no way, I'll even wait for PS2 online capability in the next edition rather then change... my brain is programmed to play PES4 with PS2 controls, so having attempted it with Xbox it was just horrible

Originally posted by lemon@Mar 18 2005, 12:56 PM
I've got a PS2 with a 100hz widescreen and s-video connector. Game looks great to me - no slowdown or chop at all. WCR lagged me to death (especially when raining in the game).
<

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

OMG!

I couldn't get the component cables to work at all......hours passed....conversations with the Fixtronics lady (all day on the 16th - picked up cables day b4 game to make sure !)....no avail.

"Must be the cables.....has to be" says the lady.

OMG!!

It will take five days + to get more!!! I am f***ed....

Composire suckiness, slowdown etc....

So I sort out to return them, when I suddenly realise the same inputs are on the back of the little 21 inch set in the cupboard. It gets pulled out - I plug them in....they WORK!!? And I'm like huh!!?

The tv they don't seem to work on kicks this sets ass and I am stuck with deciding to play it on the 21 b/c the picture improvement was like seeing the dawning of a new age or something. You can not overstate how good it looks, it was..well, awesome really.

I pick up the game following morning (yesterday - 17th) and about 9:00am from the store. I return home with beers and a sandwich.

I have put the game in when a strange feeling came over me,...can't explain (lol)...but basically I wanted to have one, last, fruitless check of the back of my matchline 32-inch widescreen....and I noticed something.....the sunwas out yesterday and the room was somewhat more illuminated despite the curtains tightly drawn (lol!)...there they were..a third panel of the three video and two audio inputs..and below the light clearly caught that one magical word I had not yet seen - 'component.'
I immediately switched all the leads over...held my breath as I switched the Ps2 on...nothing....Oh! I have not actually pushed the on button itself! Phew! I push this but the screen duly switches to black and I am simultaneously drawn to gasp and holler as the sound comes rushing through the surround so loudly (it hadn't been before at all) and clearly, that I have to rush to turn it down...and then I stand and admire the work of art before me. I mean the excitement of improving the picture quality (in every respect - the rain and stuff is 3D) combined with playing Rugby 2005 for the first time....I felt like I was ten years old. So sweet. The natural motion on the set also seemed to cut out even the minutest of flicker etc...I've never seen a more watchable set of images in gaming in my life.

<

Holy Howlett!
<

... and if that ain't Heaven Los... I dunno what is!

good for you... hope the game is as playable as it is watchable for ye

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Mar 18 2005, 01:47 PM
... and if that ain't Heaven Los... I dunno what is!

good for you... hope the game is as playable as it is watchable for ye
Oh yeah bro!

Oh yeah.....
<

Super 12 - all 12 rounds yueaterday with twenty minute games....normal level

9 wins and two losses.....Reds beat me 6-5!! Was an absolute war of attrition.

Beat the Crusaders 10-9 - wahooooooooooooooooo!! (w/ Blues obviously)...

Scored a hundred metre solo try with Howlett out of the in0goal with time up to beat the Chiefs in injury time - 24-22!! (conversion from between sideline and centre -not too hard - but almost missed!! so close....

Anyway I finished first = w/ the Crusaders...am playing finals later tonight...wahooooo!! I will meet them on the flipside!

Loving this game right now - for some reason I quite rate the tenacious AI (kicks a lot - but then I remember saying that and then looking up atthe score board and thinking (against Bulls round 12 - 3.00 am) well, actually, I'm losing 17-0...sooo...why would they do anything different? They'd still scored a try.

I enjoy the occasional devastating attack of the AI....Sailor went to the outside and went 82 metres down the side only for me to come from the opposite wing with Howlett and nail him over the sideline about two metres out - it was sensational.
<

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Mar 18 2005, 05:12 PM
xbox version wins, hands down, dont bother with ps2. seriously
<<yawn>>....

Stop this elitism...

Do you have cables etc....or know what the F**k I am talking about?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 18 2005, 05:54 PM
Los Lover, I never know what the f*** you are talking about. (jokes)
<
<

me neither....

although someone once told me it was:

THE TRUTH....RUTH.

Dear god.....

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 18 2005, 05:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 18 2005, 05:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Mar 18 2005, 05:54 PM
<
<

me neither....

THE TRUTH....RUTH.

Dear god..... [/b]

Hey!! Why the f*** didn't that work...!

Oh well - back to rugby 2005 in preparation for actual super 12 tonight.

I feel my game will probably be prettier to watch!!

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 18 2005, 06:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 18 2005, 06:00 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 18 2005, 05:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Mar 18 2005, 05:54 PM
<

<

me neither....

<span style="font-family:Optima"> write here

EDIT: Quote my post to see.

Originally posted by wrighty15@Mar 14 2005, 10:33 AM
i am dying for this game!!! friday 18th!!!

the xbox version by the sounds of things stands out ahead of the ps2 version by a way. the main thing seems to be the fact that it looks and plays a lot better! i cant wait.

by the way, loks, when you play the game, do you find that games are always different, in the sense that scores may vary from 10 - 5 and then some games both teams put 4 over the try line? just wondering on the variation in games as some ppl here find games are never repetative. lots of variation?

cheers bud!
Yeah, well I play it on the PC and last night I completed the six nations and won it with England. The things is that I managed to beat France 20-7, lost to Ireland 33-28 and then could only beat Scotland 20-10..... I think this puts quite a realistic twist on the game.

Also you never know what will happen next

Cheers
Stormers

Watch the Stormers thump the Waratahs on Saturday.....

Originally posted by Stormers+Mar 18 2005, 06:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stormers @ Mar 18 2005, 06:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wrighty15
@Mar 14 2005, 10:33 AM
i am dying for this game!!! friday 18th!!!

the xbox version by the sounds of things stands out ahead of the ps2 version by a way. the main thing seems to be the fact that it looks and plays a lot better! i cant wait.

by the way, loks, when you play the game, do you find that games are always different, in the sense that scores may vary from 10 - 5 and then some games both teams put 4 over the try line? just wondering on the variation in games as some ppl here find games are never repetative. lots of variation?

cheers bud!
Yeah, well I play it on the PC and last night I completed the six nations and won it with England. The things is that I managed to beat France 20-7, lost to Ireland 33-28 and then could only beat Scotland 20-10..... I think this puts quite a realistic twist on the game.

Also you never know what will happen next

Cheers
Stormers

Watch the Stormers thump the Waratahs on Saturday..... [/b]
I'd like to say that won't happen, but the good ol tah's are the personification of the term inconsistant... Last year we beat all the strongest 4 teams in the comp and lost to all the worst teams...
Either way though, considering the stormers struggled against a pretty depleated brumbies side, I'd say we have more than a fair shot at them
<

As for the XBOX v PS2 debate theme of this thread, well I haven't played it on PS2, but I got the XBOX version today but I have had it on PC for the past week and I can seriously say the PC version absolutely shits on the XBOX version! ... depending on what sort of system your running of course. I've been running the game on 1280x1024 resolution with all the other settings maxed out and the difference between the way it looks on my PC and the XBOX is pretty big... For the PC version the players are just so much more chrisp and detailed looking, as is the enviroments, load times are virtually non existant and the controls are much responsive I found asewell (if you have a logitech dual action USB pad at least). In comparison the XBOX version stuggled with the frame rate at times, generally suffered from colour bleeding/blurring and the controls didn't seem as fast...

Note: I run the game on an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 1024meg DDR400ram, MSI NX6800GT256TD. So don't go out and get the game on PC unless you have a system purpose built for it.

Latest posts