• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Immigrating to a better life (Or trying to anyway...)

I just dont know if i could adapt to the UK. Wierd people, no culture (only football culture). I think the rain makes everyone miserable. World's highest concentration of EMO's. I dunno. . .

My dad comes from England and says South Africa is a billion times better. He of course arrived here before the **** hit the fan. But the UK is definitely the easiest choice. Maybe i can go work for sky or the BBC.

*SIGH*

Remember that New Zealand is VERY small, in just about every way. South Africa is such a huge nation that I think you may find that would be a huge shock to you. The UK is small geographically but huge in just about every other way. Maybe go to Russia and get you some of that sweet sweet Communist gold! :p

UK is ok if you have some money and some prospects. But it is very overcrowded here and have some infrastructure issues. The weather is typically wet and most of the days are overcast and it can be miserable like that in summer too. The worst part is when it gets dark at 4pm and doesn't get light until 8pm in winter.

But like any country it has it's pros, i recommend coming here.. but be sure you know what it's like here before you do.

The thing you could try for NZ is getting a visa for 1 year and expand it every year again.
I would love to live there. :(

<div class='quotemain'>
Very good point... Maybe i should learn French... :p [/b]
The French know English yet refuse to speak it, just do what Ricky Gervais says and speak louder in English if they don't understand you and if they still don't understand you smash the place up. :p

I suggest going to somewhere in Europe where the people know English and don't be dicks about it like the French. In Iceland there is a job for a English speaking soccer commentators, just an example of the expanding jobs being an English speaker in a non English country in the entertainment industry. Plus if a place doesn't have enough jobs you can simply take a train for an hour and be in a whole new country. [/b][/quote]

On of the issue following your approach is that it's likely that you remain isolated. What's the issue learning a new language? Five or six years ago I stayed 3 4 months in South-Korea, I did my best to learn some Korean and was able to speak some of the basic language, the local people appreciated very much this and what is very rare there they even invited me at their home. That's the quality of the links that you can establish when the people fell that you're open and going toward them.

At this stage... I will do anything man ^^^

The entire country is on strike today... Ha Ha Ha.

what is very rare there they even invited me at their home. [/b]

They wanted to try to see if you'd willingly eat cat or dog in some weird experiment, seeing as you probably eat frogs legs and snails.

Move to belgium or the Netherlands, Afrikaans is simular to our language[/b]

And the beer is 'SHUPERB' as is the chocolate in belgium.

Latest posts