• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Intensive care?!?

C

CeeJay

After finding this game an absolute breeze on normal i moved up to intensive care. My first game was saracens vs saints, me being saints. I got beat 42 nil, saracens had 98 % of possession, I got the ball five times and was turned in the ruck instantly every time, Even when I was the clear winner, at the last second the power bar would shift nd they won the ball, I never once got a run with the ball. Unbeliveable, I was srating to like this game to, WTF. Kicknig is non existant, the opposition just runs the ball from one end to the other. Its like league and the other team has unlimited tackles, and you have zero. This is an absolute lemon.

and the sprint bar drains out really fast aswell, which is a dissapointment

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 3 2006, 02:07 PM
After finding this game an absolute breeze on normal i moved up to intensive care. My first game was saracens vs saints, me being saints. I got beat 42 nil, saracens had 98 % of possession, I got the ball five times and was turned in the ruck instantly every time, Even when I was the clear winner, at the last second the power bar would shift nd they won the ball, I never once got a run with the ball. Unbeliveable, I was srating to like this game to, WTF. Kicknig is non existant, the opposition just runs the ball from one end to the other. Its like league and the other team has unlimited tackles, and you have zero. This is an absolute lemon.
HOW IRNOIC!! unfair turnovers AK - anything to say for yourself..

lol!

that really WAS my last post till freedom resumes.

chur.

ps - a lemon indeed IMO....

This is not a problem that can be fixed by giving it longer, sadly, its going back to the shop for a refund. This game is an absolutely shameful rugby game.

After further play on intensive care its just the same thing, also its not possible to win your own scrums or turnover mauls. This brings me to the thing that has murdered this game well and truly. There is just no way to get your hands on the ball, you just cant force turnovers. The big hit is the only way, but because that no longer works every time, you cant really even use that. So how he hell do you get the ball? You dont, and that leaves this game dead in the water. If you do find yourself with the ball by some freak accident, like from an opposition mistake, your passes will go to ground, your players will get run down by the super human speed of the opposition. FFS if you even manage to win one ruck, then the opposition No 9 just sprints at your number 10 and gets him before you even have a chance to pass. This game is like RL2 in the fact that on the easier level its good, and it tricks into liking it, and then no longer functions as game on the hardest level. I am appalled at this. WCR was better than this, at least it functioned on all level, and even though it was hard to win rucks on the harder difficulty, if you isolated a guy then you would win, that dosent matter here. Also defence is shocking, the player you select is always one step behind the play, leaving the AI to do some shocking defending, either that or you can keep hammering the player select button until yu get someone actually in front of the attacker, but then you are forced to try a big hit, as it is your only small chance to get the ball, often resulting in a miss and a break. I had low expectations for this game, but still i am gutted.

Paddy and CeeJay - you guys must REALLY be bad at this game. Intensive Care is a challenge, but I win my fair share of ball. No button mashing, just plain and simple. Press X a few times to get all your men in the scrum, and then hold X down to compete.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Feb 3 2006, 08:38 PM
Paddy and CeeJay - you guys must REALLY be bad at this game. Intensive Care is a challenge, but I win my fair share of ball. No button mashing, just plain and simple. Press X a few times to get all your men in the scrum, and then hold X down to compete.
If this game had online play, i would kick your ass.

Yes intensive care should be challenge, but a challenge from the AI. Not make your team handicapped

Intensive care is easy now, same tactic you use when you play normal. Run, pass, tackle, run pass, tackle etc etc

Press x few times to get your men in a scrum?
<

I dont know what game you playing but in a scrum, your men are already packed

Can't remember what thread i posted it in, but I put some rucking tips somewhere and they still work for me on intensive care. It's all about patience guys, don't try to turn them over at every breakdown, wait until your forwards arrive quicker. I really do urge you to give it time - chances are you may have gone up the difficulty levels too quickly! I only started on Intensive Care last night - my 4th or 5th, and am doing ok. Better teams beat me but then that's how it should be... I can hold my own still

Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 3 2006, 08:52 PM
If this game had online play, i would kick your ass.

Yes intensive care should be challenge, but a challenge from the AI. Not make your team handicapped

Intensive care is easy now, same tactic you use when you play normal. Run, pass, tackle, run pass, tackle etc etc

<

All's well, shouting your gob off from behind a screen. You must be appalling to be suffering the problems you are. I was actually thinking to myself last night how good a game Rugby League 2 could have been had SIDHE enhanced AI, not decreased your stats.

Swordfish have NOT done that, I have found no disadvantage apart from the fact that the computer is better at one on one tackling that on other levels, but of course, the AI will take the step up because the level of difficulty has.

HOW IRNOIC.
<
<
<

And I don't mean scrum, I mean whatever that mess on the floor is everytime someone is tackled.

Well, in order for the opposition to start their phases of attack, they need to get the ball first

I just flogged the all blacks on intensive care 10-0 with 92% possession

When they do get the ball, wait for them to pass to the smaller guys, big hit - bang, get ball and start your 20 phases

too easy

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 3 2006, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2006, 08:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Paddy
@Feb 3 2006, 08:52 PM

If this game had online play, i would  kick your ass.

<

All's well, shouting your gob off from behind a screen. You must be appalling to be suffering the problems you are. I was actually thinking to myself last night how good a game Rugby League 2 could have been had SIDHE enhanced AI, not decreased your stats.

Swordfish have NOT done that, I have found no disadvantage apart from the fact that the computer is better at one on one tackling that on other levels, but of course, the AI will take the step up because the level of difficulty has.

HOW IRNOIC.
<
<
<

And I don't mean scrum, I mean whatever that mess on the floor is everytime someone is tackled. [/b]
If RL2 had the same fluid gameplay as RC 2006, then it will pretty much be the best rugby game ever

Both games have something other dont

RL2 - Decent franchise mode, more customize options, online
RC 2006 - better gameplay

Absolutely. I just think Swordfish have not made the player AI worse as you step up in levels.

postd by paddy

paddy really does suck st helens. and I doubt ceejay would have moved up to intensive care if he wasn't thrashing it on normal like he posted.

98% possesion. maybe that is the slightly less poseesion toup was talking about. or maybe you need to give it more time.

maybe shock horror the game is actually not that good and that on intentisve care no matter how good you are you will be screwed over with no ball in some matches.

I wish people would judge this game fairly instead of using rose tinted glasses looking at it.

the idea of needing more time in rl 2 was shot down really fast but in rc2006 it is a recommendation. the sprint bar from what most people are saying is a joke and I have a read at least twice that it drains quicker on ic difficulty. ic is random it would seem that or toup and st helens are really dam good players.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:08 AM
postd by paddy

paddy really does suck st helens. and I doubt ceejay would have moved up to intensive care if he wasn't thrashing it on normal like he posted.

98% possesion. maybe that is the slightly less poseesion toup was talking about. or maybe you need to give it more time.

maybe shock horror the game is actually not that good and that on intentisve care no matter how good you are you will be screwed over with no ball in some matches.

I wish people would judge this game fairly instead of using rose tinted glasses looking at it.

the idea of needing more time in rl 2 was shot down really fast but in rc2006 it is a recommendation. the sprint bar from what most people are saying is a joke and I have a read at least twice that it drains quicker on ic difficulty. ic is random it would seem that or toup and st helens are really dam good players.
You really do work for SIDHE, don't you?

of couse I do.

wow the abuse is flying again. and this time from the site admin. I copped so much for giving my view on rl 2 and nothing was done about it. ripper and others were allowed to do and say whatever they wanted about me and I could do next to nothing in return.

I bet if i started accusing you or other people of working for swordfish my warn level would go up or my posts would be deleted.

glad this forum works both ways though right?

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:20 AM
of couse I do.

wow the abuse is flying again. and this time from the site admin. I copped so much for giving my view on rl 2 and nothing was done about it. ripper and others were allowed to do and say whatever they wanted about me and I could do next to nothing in return.

I bet if i started accusing you or other people of working for swordfish my warn level would go up or my posts would be deleted.

glad this forum works both ways though right?
Abuse
<
<
<
If I was abusing you my specially designed "Knobhead Alert" would be in your signature. You have done nothing but bang on about this game and I bet you've been nowhere near it.

lol. that was abuse and if you start doing it as well as ripper I am off this site for good.

no i have not played the game so what. that has nothing to do with this.
why does everyone say you have to play the game to have an opinion or comment on it. I have based nearly all my comments from people who have played the game. so they must all be wrong as well then and only the good ones like yours must be right.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:36 AM
lol. that was abuse and if you start doing it as well as ripper I am off this site for good.

why does everyone say you have to play the game to have an opinion or comment on it. I have based nearly all my comments from people who have played the game. so they must all be wrong as well then and only the good ones like yours must be right.
Theres been many mixed reactions... Take the smart option and remain neutral until hiring it out to see for yourself...

An observation, you've calmed your criticisms down a lot since Los finished up... He has a bad affect on everyone. Glad he's in the naughty corner...

...Oh, and Len wasn't serious about his Sidhe "accusation"/"abuse"

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 4 2006, 12:36 AM

1) You need to learn to take a joke.
2) If you haven't played it you're in no position to say what it's like. How can you shape your opinion on something you haven't played?

Latest posts