• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IPL Auction

A

An Tarbh

Pietersen and Flintoff were the big winners in the IPL auction going for $1.55 million each to Bangalore and Goa respectively, although they'll only get a percentage of hat given what they have t pay to their counties and the fact they'll only be playing for 3 weeks of the competition. Duminy seems to be the best signing of the new players going for $950000 to Mumbai.

Teams had $2 million to spend on players, with foreign players up from 8 to 10.

I think Bopara is a gem of a player at this level, although I am surprised that Napier hasn't gone to the IPL or at least any of the franchises have shown an interest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Bopara is a gem of a player at this level, although I am surprised that Napier hasn't gone to the IPL or at least any of the franchises have shown an interest.[/b]

Did Napier not declare himself available?

Bopora will be the gem of the next IPL

To be fair I cant believe that Shakib Al Hasan was not picked up even though he is the World Number 1 All Rounder !

I'm not sure what the story was with Napier, still can't believe England ignore him for the one day squad or Twenty20 matches but he's not part of the in crowd, must be something wrong with Essex players.

OK looks like he could be playing for Mumbai afterall if he can get a release from Essex.

Originally posted by Graham Napier
I am getting closer to finalising a deal to sign for Mumbai Indians to play in the IPL. Mumbai are still in the process of agreeing my release from Essex for the duration of the competition but hopefully that will all be agreed soon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not sure what the story was with Napier, still can't believe England ignore him for the one day squad or Twenty20 matches but he's not part of the in crowd, must be something wrong with Essex players.[/b]

Is he carrying a bit of weight?

GrahamNapier4.jpg

EDIT: http://www.themumbaiindians.com/player_profile_napier.html

well even during the Summer he never looked like the skinniest of blokes, looks more like a rugby player than a cricketer.

His contract must have been signed to replace one of the Pakistan players! But he will be an assett, I cannot wait for the IPL this year!

yeah I'd forgotten about that, was wondering why there was nothing about him in the auction but I think there's something about the teams being allowed to spend the same money they did on getting the Pakistanis in on their replacements.

well at least there's the series between SA and Australia to look forward to, if it's half as good as the first one we should be in for decent cricket.

well given that they'll only play half the competition you could argue that they are.

Flintoff going for $1,550,000 is the biggest waste of money I have witnessed. Even more so than whatever amount Symonds went for last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Feb 8 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Flintoff going for $1,550,000 is the biggest waste of money I have witnessed. Even more so than whatever amount Symonds went for last year.[/b]

considering the amount of Twenty20 he's played it's ridiculous, but then these franchises need the box office names.

Latest posts