• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the year 2012

Who?

What has club level go to do with "international" playe of the year?

I know Smartcooky I was a little confused at first myself since Carpenter and Kleeberger have been so good so far in the last 12 months, but they haven't been Ed.

How is Richie getting nominated?

He was dominated by SOB a natural 6 playing 7 when Ireland and NZ met

SOB is the rightful heir to this.

How is Richie getting nominated?

He was dominated by SOB a natural 6 playing 7 when Ireland and NZ met

SOB is the rightful heir to this.

I presume people are nominated McCaw because he has been phenomenal throughout the Rugby Championship. That seems a good enough reason for me ;)
He clearly wasn't at his best during the Ireland series (or during the Super Rugby season - not that it counts), but over the last couple of months or so he has been back to his best....

I presume people are nominated McCaw because he has been phenomenal throughout the Rugby Championship. That seems a good enough reason for me ;)
He clearly wasn't at his best during the Ireland series (or during the Super Rugby season - not that it counts), but over the last couple of months or so he has been back to his best....
What's that?

You guys have some sort of golden oldies tournament down there?

Sean O'Brien!

He is omnipresent.

Isreal Dagg is the worlds best player IMO

U-WOT-M8.jpg

if..and i say if, he deserves it, then he should get it, the moment we start talking about giving it to someone other than the best option it looses what little relevance it has.

and dont read into this that it has always gone to the most deserving person in the past, but the past is the past

I see your last sentence and get where you're coming from but I don't think anyone takes it seriously to be honest. At least not since 2009 when FdP and O'Driscoll should've shared it but people got confused.

Most deserving thus far at international level is Brian Habana.

There is life beyond the back row. I'm fed up with Mc Caws and Dussatoirs

It's outrageous having a look at the winner's list and not finding Dan Carter anywhere.

He is not only the best man playing the game right now, is also one of the besta in the last decades.

I insist, the backs are human beings too.

North, Halfpenny, Kearney, Habana... they all have been outstanding.

North, Halfpenny, Kearney, Habana... they all have been outstanding.

Halfpenny is a good shout actually. He's been excellent in every single game he's played this year. Imo the best place kicker on the planet to boot.

But let me explain...
International achievement:
Best has overtook Kieth wood at ireland's most capped hooker
Captained Ireland during the six nations
started I think every game for Ireland this year

Club:
Reached the Heineken cup final with ulster
played in a record win over top flight english clubs
and Im sure he has done something else

But best has really come to form and is in my eyes a world class hooker that has been great in every game he has played

How about Ruan Pienaar. Made the HEC final with Ulster, played Celtic play-offs, is part of the experienced core in a rejuvinated Springbok team.

Justin Tipuric is my favourite player at the moment so I am going to say Justin Tipuric should be the international player of the year and that I should be the man who decides it because I think I would be really good at it.

lol apart from the last 2 games, Habana hasn't done shite for 3+ years.

Good to see him "back" though. But not IRB POTY material.

Latest posts