• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Women's World Cup 2014

I can't remember her name, but the girl who came on in the second half at 10 is the regular french 10, it was a big deal that she wasn't selected and the coach went for a more flair player as such.

I had to look it up, it was Christelle Leduff, she plays for USAP.

The lady who played on Friday was Sandrine Agricole, she plays for Bobigny - she's retiring after this competition.

oho, Monsieur s'y connait ! The attention to detail, look at that, very impressive GN10 !! :D

Also to add the SA team is probably on par with Wales the 2 weaker pool teams, and the big pool match will be Australia so there has been 10 changes to give most of the team rest as every 4/5 days there is a game. On Eurosport there are 3 games on the trot today starting at 15.00 and France the last one on bothe Euro and France 4 tele. Elodie Poublan is the girl i think who came on.

Yeah I figured...it's just weird to wrap my mind around a Saffa team being Tier 2 !! in any form of Rugby...and lol, "the girl who came on", we're not taking this all too seriously are we ?...:p well I did call them "chicks" earlier myself, but...

Todays games:

05/08 - 13:00 USA vs Kazakhstan
05/08 - 15:00 Australia vs Wales
05/08 - 15:45 England vs Spain
05/08 - 17:00 Canada vs Samoa
05/08 - 18:00 New Zealand vs Ireland
05/08 - 20:45 France vs South Africa

just saw the second half of ENG SPA. Spain deserved better than 45-5, destroyed Eng in the scrum, had strong fundamentals, had good intent ball in hand...but they got their try, and for England it's mixed. They put 45 past a mildly prepared Spain, that's good, but they made quite a few mistakes and were subjected to the opponents' will for stretches.

Canada Samoa now. Man, Samoan women suck don't they ? I'd have thought they'd be really good at Rugby, but I saw the highlights against England and that first try they concede against Canada, they're reaaally soft, it's like they're not really interested in playing. Strange...

(G)Oh Canada !

Actually excited about France S.A. tonight :p

yeah, but it was a hugely 2nd String England side, 12 changes form the one that tonked Samoa.

They are saving the 1st team for the Canada game which will decide the seeding for the Semi finals

Ireland dominating the opening quarter but the lack of a score is worrying. Think the ref was quite poor with that maul near the line.

EDIT: I'd also say that should have been a penalty try at that scrum and possibly a yellow for the NZ six instead of just a penalty.

Last edited:
hey btw that ENG SPA match, some okay fine piece of ass here and there during the action :D both sides. Flyhalves seem to be the most acceptable generally.

And suddenly we're 8-0 down....

On the train so following on Twitter. Sounds like a huge game.

Sexton and Schmidt are at the game supporting.

Also just found out I may be interviewing some of the England and French players/coaches... Will know for certain tomorrow. :D

On the train so following on Twitter. Sounds like a huge game.

Sexton and Schmidt are at the game supporting.

Also just found out I may be interviewing some of the England and French players/coaches... Will know for certain tomorrow. :D

Yeah a pretty entertaining game.

Fantastic try for Ireland. 14 - 11 to us.

damn. Ireland being NZ's biggest threat both male and female lately ! Allez les Irlandaises ! Fight the power, maaaaaan. Fight the powers that be !

So the women now have 100% win record over New Zealand compared to the mens 100% loss record.

bravo les Irlandaises, ditto ! Only saw the last 15min, they held and were even threatening to score another one, well done. This is huge, I saw an Irish player crying. They just beat the reigning champs. Yes, let me teach you about women's Rugby, as I am a knowledgeable expert.

Tried watching the England/Spain game and tbh it was pretty boring.

It's like well organised schoolboy rugby.

Tried watching the England/Spain game and tbh it was pretty boring.

It's like well organised schoolboy rugby.

You should be watching the French game, they just scored one of the best tries you'll see this year in either gender.

To be fair, the pool stage games are not the highest quality, many of these teams are not even 10 years into being formed.... South Africa only arrived in 2006, so there is a long long way to go for a lot of these teams, but like with everything it will go up a level when the semi's arrive.

You've just got to accept you're not going to get super rugby... This is amateur rugby, warts and all.

Last edited:
Final Results for Today:

05/08 - 13:00 USA 47 - 7 Kazakhstan
05/08 - 15:00 Australia 25 - 3 Wales
05/08 - 15:45 England 45 - 5 Spain
05/08 - 17:00 Canada 42 - 7 Samoa
05/08 - 18:00 New Zealand 14 - 17 Ireland
05/08 - 20:45 France 55 - 3 South Africa

Some huge results there today, Wales losing to Australia is an important result for the pool, and Ireland beating New Zealand is huge. It's one of the greatest undefeated runs ever brought to an end, to put some perspective on it NZ haven't lost a World Cup game in over 20 years.

There can't be a team in the tournament that isn't looking at France and thinking "WOW!"

I'll update the pools in the first post. But it seems to be a tussle Between, France, England and Canada for the 1st seed now, France Australia will go a long way to deciding that.

Last edited:
I appreciate the comments you've extended towards our female sex slaves GN10, but England are as always formidable (you know, coz I know the history of...EVERYTHING...so well...including women's Rugby) and Ireland just beat NZ.

I did really appreciate in particular a couple of tries against S.A., just the stuff that made me love the sport in the first place. I think I'm actually going to start following women's Rugby, like....ser...seriously (??). I think I'm going to follow the next 6N and stuff.

Latest posts