• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Clubs vs England Counties.

M

monkeypigeon

I know it's only available to those on the Island of Ireland, but is anyone else watching this match?

Last years equivelant was very good with Ireland Clubs vs Scotland Clubs.

I'm just after switching it on. Hopefully a few of these guys can show enough to earn pro contracts. From Ireland's point of view, I'm interested to see how Sam Cronin (who's on the bench) and Darragh Fitzpatrick (playing 13 but a flyhalf for Blackrock) get on.

Nice try.

This is the Ireland squad:

15 - Ed Torrie (UL Bohemians)
14 - Cronan Healy (Cork Constitution)*
13 - Darragh Fitzpatrick (Blackrock College)
12 - Philip Brophy (St. Mary's College)
11 - Derek Corcoran (Young Munster)
10 - Barry Keeshan (Dolphin)*
9 - Ruairi Cushion (Old Belvedere)*
1 - Martin Gately (Highfield)*
2 - Brett McNamee (Dungannon)
3 - Kevin Moran (Buccaneers)
4 - Alan Maher (Lansdowne)*
5 - Marc Warburton (Old Wesley)
6 - Kevin Croke (UCD)
7 - Barry O'Mahony (Dolphin)
8 - Hugh Hogan (St. Mary's College)* (capt)

Replacements:

16 - Robert Quinn (Lansdowne)
17 - Colum Murphy (Lansdowne)
18 - Alex Dunlop (Terenure College)
19 - Ron Boucher (Lansdowne)
20 - Sam Cronin (UCC)*
21 - Niall O'Brien (Clontarf)*
22 - Tadhg Bennett (Shannon)

Superb start for Barry O'Mahony. As far as I can recall, he spent a couple of years on the Ireland schools team and may have been part of the u20 grand slam winning side two years ago.

Very exciting stuff so far.
Loving the way the ball is bouncing on the f'cked up pitch. The one without much grass,

Yeah, it's superb rugby, helped by disorganised defence on both sides. Ed Torrie has looked really impressive. I've heard a small bit about him (all positive) but it's the first time I've seen him play.

been watching Sam this year. been doing great stuff captaining UCC this year.

where's being streamed btw?

it should be on RTÉ but I'd be stunned if this is being broadcast anywhere outside Ireland so why the geoblock.

I love that don't realise we can still here them through the mic... "so do you want David to pick a man of the match?....no worries".

oh god you're stuck with David Corkery commentating on this, maybe I'm better off afterall :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 27 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
oh god you're stuck with David Corkery commentating on this, maybe I'm better off afterall :p[/b]
I know, he's hopeless!

England have come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. They really should have scored there.

Score is knotted at 10 now. James Doherty, the England scrumhalf, with a try near the posts.

Ireland have been sloppy in the 2nd half. A couple of changes are needed to freshen things up.

England take the lead for the first time with a penalty from about 40 metres out. 13-10 to the away side.

That Irish backline can spread the ball better than some international teams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 27 2009, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That Irish backline can spread the ball better than some international teams.[/b]
There does seem to be some real talent there. Keeshan is always looking to shift the ball.

Penalty to Ireland. 13-13. About 5 minutes to go.

Great chance for Ireland. Time is almost up and they've a lineout in the England 22.

EDIT- England turn it over. Barry O'Mahony announced as Man of the Match.

Latest posts