• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

Trimble can barely do the job on the wing, I don't think moving him out of position to inside centre would work very well at all

I don't know about that he has played there before. Also I think the job he does on the wing is better suited for 12. He's fast, strong, always gets over the gainline, is a strong tackler and has decent hands.

I think that he is well suited to wing, but is IMO pretty awful at center. He just seems very out of place there. We have D'arcy and McFadden for 12 that's enough.

1000th post BTW

Nah, it's because he's bloody useless. I'm not convinced by the Ulster midfield yet. Every time they'vecome up against a good good opposition they've looked pretty average.

And that reason is Spence :)
No the reaon is because hes a good winger and a not very good centre.

He was playing centre long before Spence came along.

I'm not convinced by the Ulster midfield yet. Every time they've come up against a good good opposition they've looked pretty average.
The same applies to Ulster really. Spence is an option, hes Irish (hence the hype) but he has a long way to go to be taken seriously outside of Ulster.

Murray is needed I think...from what I have seen of him he's is the best scrumhalf on the Island...and the slyest of the little buggers too.

I shall now proclaim him as Napoleon...the little general.

Murray is needed I think...from what I have seen of him he's is the best scrumhalf on the Island...and the slyest of the little buggers too.

I shall now proclaim him as Napoleon...the little general.

Ruan Pienaar.

Happy with that squad but I am not judging Kidney's selection yet. Lets wait to see who he picks to actually play the warm up games. Very pleased to see Jones and Murray there as they defiantly deserve their spot. Great for McFadden aswell and we will see whether Kidney considers him as a viable choice at 12. TOL can consider himself as lucky and so can Buckley but they were always going to be in it. Gutted for the injured 3 as I think all of them were very much in contention for a plane ticket.

I'm not sure this squad really means anything. Take Ferg for example. Made the 6 Nations overall squad, but the first chance Kidney got to drop him and he was gone. I can't see Kidney varying his selection much from the 6 Nations selection tbh.

Lads this is only a training squad and well I think it far from shut. Shane Horgan deserves a chance at least based on his season

I think Horgan is out injured, isn't he?
I think he'll be fit for the actual WC, but no point in including him in the squad now, when he can't train and can't take part in the warm ups

The article said it was only a fitness squad and Humphs, Horgan and Spence were unavailable due to surgery on long-term injury.

Seems he broke the law and the court date is coming up, or something along those lines

Why would being an England fan have anything to do with it?
It's not as if they're playing each other properly anytime soon

Ridiculous.

Latest posts