• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland RWC 11 Thread

Why would being an England fan have anything to do with it?
It's not as if they're playing each other properly anytime soon

Ridiculous.

Some people want to see us burn and I was kind of joking. Seriously I really hope it's not serious. Also who'd be stupid enough to get in an "altercation" with Ferris?

Or an Aussie!

Remember before the 2007 world cup. Ireland organised a friendly match with Bayonne and BOD nearly missed the tournament because Bayonne decided to be patriotic and take out Irish players.

Or an Aussie!

Remember before the 2007 world cup. Ireland organised a friendly match with Bayonne and BOD nearly missed the tournament because Bayonne decided to be patriotic and take out Irish players.

That wasn't a match it was a brawl.

Well this article, http://planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6994133,00.html, says those three won't be going to New Zealand because there isn't enough time to prepare them.

The only players unavailable for selection are Shane Horgan, Ian Humphries and Nevin Spence who all had to undergo surgery on long standing injuries. The rehabilitation period is such that all three players will not be able to take part in the world cup conditioning schedule to enable them to build up the required fitness levels, and so none of these three players will be available for the games during the Guinness Summer Series in August.

Article Link: http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/23313.php

Although I cannot say for sure whether or not the three members will be going to the RWC, at the moment it seems they will probably just be missing out on the games, and possibly working on their overall fitness levels around these four weeks.

i was talking to rob kearney on his offical facebook page and he says he's fully fit and will be back playing as soon as the i.r.f.u can find a game for him.

Big fan of Murphy, one of my favourite Irish players - Glad to see him included

Yeah Murphy is a great player. Someone Ireland can really rely on if we still have fullback problems because he is so solid and has great experience. Leicester have missed him this season and I don't rate Hamilton that highly.

If Ferris is allowed to play the competition between him and O'brien for the number 6 jersey will be fierce.

Do people think that we'll play a second string against U.S.A. as it's the first game? I think Fitzgerald should defiantly start against them (on the wing obviously) to get his confidence up.

Ferris should not be getting in ahead of O'Brien in my opinion...SOB has had a stunning season , whereas Ferris has been very iffy with injury...Ideally the back row for me would be Ferris - 6 Sob-7 Heaslip 8

Ferris should not be getting in ahead of O'Brien in my opinion...SOB has had a stunning season , whereas Ferris has been very iffy with injury...Ideally the back row for me would be Ferris - 6 Sob-7 Heaslip 8

Don't like O'Brien at 7 he doesn't carry enough.

Am I the only one who is wondering why Kidney involved Mick O'Driscoll and NOT Dan Tuohy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I mean ​WTF!!!!!

Am I the only one who is wondering why Kidney involved Mick O'Driscoll and NOT Dan Tuohy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I mean ​WTF!!!!!

Yeah as most likely neither would make the W.C. squad McLaughlin or Ryan will cover second and backrow.

Glad to see Conor Murray in the training squad.Does anyone think he'll make the plane to NZ?

Do people think that we'll play a second string against U.S.A. as it's the first game? I think Fitzgerald should defiantly start against them (on the wing obviously) to get his confidence up.

Ya I was thinking the same thing, keep the first team as fresh as possible, we could still put out a second team that should win comfortably, something like

15 Murphy
14 Trimble
13 McFadden
12 Wallace
11 Fitzgerald
10 O'Gara
9 O'Leary
8 Leamy
7 Jennings
6 Ferris
5 Cullen
4 Ryan