• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad 2018/2019

Just seen a vid of the injury and it's pretty horrific. Caused by Munster player flying off his feet and from the side to clear out DL. When will they enforce the rules and stop this happening?

Just seen a vid of the injury and it's pretty horrific. Caused by Munster player flying off his feet and from the side to clear out DL. When will they enforce the rules and stop this happening?
Must have been some jump from a Munster player when we were in Scotland. Might get an Olympic medal with a jump like that

Team wearing red full of ex Leinster players, an easy mistake to make! :p
Who. Joey who passed through for few years from NZ. You hardly claiming him.
Tadgh who ye didn't rate.
Jeremy who wasn't rated.
And Andrew who knew he'd be respected here.

Only 4. Would be 3 if Cronin fit. And Leinster have 1 Munster man.

Interestingly on full strength squads we aren't miles behind in homegrowns lads. Vs Edinburgh we had 12 to Leinsters 19. But had Henshaw came in to mix amd had we James Cronin possibly it could close the gap.

Last edited:

enforcing a law by subsequently penalising and/or sanciotning a player doesn't prevent a moment of madness from occuring in the first place.

enforcing a law by subsequently penalising and/or sanciotning a player doesn't prevent a moment of madness from occuring in the first place.

But it's let go far too much in general. Players flying off their feet in rucks and not penalised. It didn't save Leavy on this occasion, but it's a trend that has been set by refs not clamping down on it. How is that player who caused Leavy injury "endeavouring to stay on his feet?". Not to mention coming in from the side. Now Leavy has lost 9 months of his career minimum, misses the rest of the year and doesn't get to play in the RWC and may not come back the same player he was before.

Last edited:
But it's let go far too much in general. Players flying off their feet in rucks and not penalised. It didn't save Leavy on this occasion, but it's a trend that has been set by refs not clamping down on it. How is that player who caused Leavy injury "endeavouring to stay on his feet?". Not to mention coming in from the side. Now Leavy has lost 9 months of his career minimum, misses the rest of the year and doesn't get to play in the RWC and may not come back the same player he was before.

I don't disagree with you, and I feel sick for the injured player, but just saying i'm not sure on whether refereeing can be blamed for the incident having occurred. maybe i'm wrong, just putting it out there. hope he manages to come back from it anyway.

Some great analogies from stato. He's basically saying that either Ireland have no Plan B or Schmidt decided to take some hits at the 6N in order to keep Ireland 2.0 under wraps until the World Cup.

I'm fearful that the likes of Hogg and/or Russell will be flying home injured after Ireland's first 'must win' game.

Fair enough, he's overseen many of Irish rugby's greatest achievements it'd be difficult to ditch him. I'm fairly negative about rugby right now though and I fear for the provinces' ability to build a squad going forward with the recent precedent being set of moving players around with little to no consideration of provincial success. I'm also interested in how he does without Joe who had a clear vision of where he wanted to bring rugby in Ireland that Nucifora just needed to tag along with.

Some great analogies from stato. He's basically saying that either Ireland have no Plan B or Schmidt decided to take some hits at the 6N in order to keep Ireland 2.0 under wraps until the World Cup.

I'm fearful that the likes of Hogg and/or Russell will be flying home injured after Ireland's first 'must win' game.
I really worry about this from a Scotland perspective.

It would only be the 4th time Hogg would have been taken out by cynical Irish play ;)

Last edited:
I really worry about this from a Scotland perspective.

It would only be the 4th time Hogg would have been taken out by cynical Irish play ;)
In fairness Hogg has never performed well against Irish too so maybe he can do it in only his 4th attempt. Even Paddypower.com have a bet I seen on what excuse the Scots will use in each game. That isn't a tag I'd like to have with my nation.

In fairness Hogg has never performed well against Irish too so maybe he can do it in only his 4th attempt. Even Paddypower.com have a bet I seen on what excuse the Scots will use in each game. That isn't a tag I'd like to have with my nation.

Fake news!

He scored two tries against Ireland the following year at Murrayfield and so it's not hard to see why he might have been identified as a danger man.

Last edited:
That is a delightful show and go there from inside his own half, and as you said he was excellent when we won at murrayfield the following year

Taken out by Murray when they were on the same team and RK when the game was over and he'd done **** all sure were cynical... Pull the other one lads!

Fake news!

He scored two tries against Ireland the following year at Murrayfield and so it's not hard to see why he might have been identified as a danger man.

@The Alpha Bro scored 2 tries against Robbie Henshaw (ok it was under 5s) but that doesn't mean he played well. And well he has never been singled out. Yes a good player but nothing fake anout if half the effort went in on the field that goes in to the excuses then maybe fortune would change.

My overreacting to the 6 Nations XV:

Larmour, Conway, Ringrose, Henshaw, Stockdale, Sexton, Murray; Healy, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan (c), Toner, Beirne, Leavy, Conan
Replacements: Scannell, Kilcoyne, Porter, Henderson, Stander, Marmion, Carbery, Addison
This could also be my overreaction to the England game XV, just swap Josh van der Flier in for Dan Leavy.

Latest posts