• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v England

A

An Tarbh

Who'd have thunk it, Ireland in the Super Eights at the cricket world cup and what better game first up than a clash with England, hilarious to hear elements of their media going on about Ireland having mercenaries in their team for the world cup, pot-kettle and black spring to mind but any extra little motivation will go down quite nicely, not as if it's needed in the first place, especially with people bandying about the claim that the Ireland Pakistan match was fixed.

Anyway on to the cricket, should be an easy win for England who will need a healthy boost to their run rate to increase their already slim chances of making the semi finals. At least Flintoff is fit and with Joyce the only player in form in the top 3, there'll be even more pressure on him in this of all games. Ireland will have skipper Trent Johnstone back after he missed out against the West Indies in the final pool game last Friday.

Let me guess, all the glory hunters Ireland suddenly call cricket their favorate sport a-la most of England during the Ashes a couple of years ago?

No, there's no tv coverage here only what we get on Sky, there have been news reports and it's on the sports bulletins on the radio. There's certainly more interest, that's natural in a small country but I doubt there's many now classing cricket as their favourite sport, the Heineken Cup quarter finals are the big thing this weekend not the cricket.

Set up nicely for England to get a big total now with Vaughan and Joyce out of the way, good bowling from Rankin but with plenty of overs left Pietersen should really make a decent score and put Ireland out of reach.

Bell's innings comes to an end, quite good for England now with Collingwood now at the crease, Bell's strike rate was pathetic, how England can expect to build a decent total with a strike rate of 41 from their no. 3 is beyond me. Run rate should pick up now considerably.

COME ON IRELAND

LETS BEAT THESE COCKY ARROGANT HORRIBLE VILE LITTLE ********!!

Anything over 240 and England will easily defend that, I can't see us chasing down anything significant, they'll have worked out Bray's weakness, only real hope would be if the likes of Morgan and Porterfield who haven't contributed much and therefore England won't have much video analysis on but that's a big if.

England should have enough with 266, credit to Collingwood, still though a lacklustre effort from England, they really don't look like a side that can make the semi finals.

There are some massive upsets already in this world cup

but they also say numbers in the stadium are very low...

they are, ticket prices seem to have been too high, $75 for a match, that's dear enough over here, so it must be off the charts for some of the locals in the Carribean, plus spectators can't get in and out of the ground either, bizarre stuff from the organising committee

Well it does seem a bit of a weird situation all in all...

The Irish are currently 36 -2

Well it does seem a bit of a weird situation all in all...

The Irish are currently 36 -2
[/b]

They need over 11 an over off their last 10 and 6 down...looking like an brave effort coming up short for the Irish. Hope they do well though...tremendous story.

COME ON IRELAND

[/b]

Little does he know that this is the team managed by the England & Wales Cricket Board! :D

<div class='quotemain'>
COME ON IRELAND

[/b]

Little does he know that this is the team managed by the England & Wales Cricket Board! :D
[/b][/quote]

You see I've just never got the 'arrogant English' thing....it's just what lazy debased cultures use in lieu of a national identity "oooh look at us, we hate the English...what proud nation we are".

Look what happened at Croke Park. Absolute class, no vitriol (despite the history) just a simple mutual respect....then they handed us our arses. Hat doffed.

This thing that England are dis-respectful is pure nonsense.

PS Ireland are giving it a really good go...this game is definitely not over. Great stuff. They're the story of the World Cup (on the field that it :( :( :( :( )

i do infact know that its wales and england, but i want no part of it, geraint and simon are traitors to there country!!

:)
england wont win this wc!!

i think its sri lanka!!

malinga, or what ever his face is called is going to chew your poor exscuses for batsmen to shreads!!

i love the way malinga? bowls

top drawer

yeah its sri lanka on the fourth next for you guys

and i believe ireland face south africa :(

good luck guys!!

Latest posts