• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v France

Yep. Well next week will be the test. Traditionally we'd struggle in a fixture like this and you know Italy are going to come out all guns blazing. Will be interesting to see how they approach it.

I suppose we're on a hiding to nothing. Kidney will use the last 2 performances against the Italians to no doubt get them to raise their game in Rome.

I also want to say well done to Gert Smal, as all Ireland's tries were scored from clean lineout ball. :cheers: It's a change from last years 6N anyway!

A memorable 90 caps for the Bull Hayes. Wasn't a slouch today himself either!!!

Great game from Ireland and France, very script-like. Seesaw battle with some good rugby. I watched both games, and you can really see the difference in the interpretation of the ELV's. Or perhaps that's the wrong word, but you can see how certain teams use it and how other teams make complete disasters of it.

You can play rugby in two ways.. you can play dull, insipid rugby and grind out a win at all costs, or you can play with some flair and guile and hope you do it better than the opponent. All England did today was show that they can gain a win against a team with no scrum-half. Although England won today, they must feel like losers. They played a brand of such insipid, dull, passionless arsegravy rugby, that you are actually embarassed that they won. A win is a win, and that's obviously good, but it was against Italy, who aren't the most punishing team and had a flanker for a scrum-half. Today was rather like the feeling you get of winning a walkover match, i mean when the other team don't turn up for kick-off.

On this evidence, any team that can string a set-play of more than 3 passes together will be tearing England, and more so Italy.. a new ars*hole.

In contrast, France and Ireland's game looked like Andy Goode's wet dream. He reminded me of Hulk Hogan, playing Thunderlips in Rocky. Spot the difference?

doll-2a.jpg

Andy Goode for England today.

GoodeKick_304x337.jpg

Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips from Rocky.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 8 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I also want to say well done to Gert Smal, as all Ireland's tries were scored from clean lineout ball. :cheers: It's a change from last years 6N anyway![/b]
Yes, good point. And apart from one holy-****! scrum, the front row stood up well. Even better when Best came on. Mind you, some of O'Leary's feeds were ridiculous - one went direct to Heaslip's boots.

Anyway, Flippy the Frog has finally been turned in to a tasty meal. Thank you thank you thank you.

p.s. Who is Thunderlips? And why is he wearing small panties?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 8 2009, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 8 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also want to say well done to Gert Smal, as all Ireland's tries were scored from clean lineout ball. :cheers: It's a change from last years 6N anyway![/b]
Yes, good point. And apart from one holy-****! scrum, the front row stood up well. Even better when Best came on. Mind you, some of O'Leary's feeds were ridiculous - one went direct to Heaslip's boots.

Anyway, Flippy the Frog has finally been turned in to a tasty meal. Thank you thank you thank you.

p.s. Who is Thunderlips? And why is he wearing small panties?
[/b][/quote]

30-21 very good against France and very good for beginning mood of Irish

Congarts my friends and wish you all good in future too

I really was susprised with Chabal to be honest, but credit to him for the way he played today, glad to see him go off when he did.

With all the excitement I forgot to give full praise to the forwards.

Horan and Hayes held the scrum up very well for nearly the entire match. horan did well in the open and gave away no penalties (quite the achievement for him).

Flannery and Best both delivered good lineout ball which was recieved very well by both O'Connell and Ferris.

O'Connell didn't do anything daft in the line and did one thing perfectly for the Heaslp try.

The backrow did a fantastic job securing ruck ball and O'Callaghan did an understated job here too.

The backrow did very well in the loose (even if Wallace was very quiet).

And they proved that the mall lives on!

it was so sweet to see the maul in action, all the more impressive with these poxy elvs.

I just had a look at the scrum.com stats and apparently David Wallace missed a tackle. It's official. The apocalypse is nigh.

Well done to Ireland! My old man is stoked (he's Irish), never thought Ireland would beat the French.

Was this game played under the ELV's?

Under the ones with which the Autumn Internationals were played. None of the silly tap kicks for everuthing rules.

Free kicks for minor infringements is probably one of the best rules in the ELV's :D

Anyway an Irish win is great, I hope they can mount a campaign to threaten the Welsh.