• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Wales

Great win for Wales! So glad we've got the triple crown! For once it wasn't that Wales didn't do enough, but did just enough instead to win it. So pleased with them!
Next week should be a cracker, no idea who will win, since France are probably the most unpredictable team going!
But yeah, Shane is a legend.

I thought Horgan scored, I didn't think we deserved to win. Eddie surely can't stay much longer.

Eddie surely can't stay much longer. [/b]

I think the next match at Twickenham whould be a special Sacking Match (in the spirit of cage matches, ladder matches and so on in WWF) - whichever coach loses has to go. Brian and Eddie on ducking stools that fall into a vat of goo at the final whistle.

<div class='quotemain'>Eddie surely can't stay much longer. [/b]

I think the next match at Twickenham whould be a special Sacking Match (in the spirit of cage matches, ladder matches and so on in WWF) - whichever coach loses has to go. Brian and Eddie on ducking stools that fall into a vat of goo at the final whistle.
[/b][/quote]

In that case I think England should throw the game! :ph34r:

I think Eddie should go regardless. We have some incredible players but you wouldn't know that by watching us play.

We have some incredible players [/b]
You should qualify that with "by our usual standards".

In that case I think England should throw the game! :ph34r: [/b]
I was actually thinking that myself. You'll have all the fans in White screaming for Ireland, and all the fans in Green screaming for England :)

Was very impressed by Wales today. For once I wasn't a nervous wreck in the last 10 minutes with the game in the balance. I had complete faith in the forewards to close that game out, one of the main areas Wales have improved in. Our defence was also exceptional, with that Phillips try saving tackle an absolute masterpiece.

We bossed that game for 60 minutes, the other 20, we looked very comfertouble (minus the Horgan break). We can actually defend driving mauls at last!!!!

Thought Phillips was slightly unlucky with the Yellow, stupid thing to do, but wasn't any malice in it, just unpacience. Can't say the same for Jackman, whose challange was alot worse, Ryan Jones, was sitting nowhere neer the ball, hands in the air, reckless. Both should have got yellows, would have been happy then.

Shane really is amazing at the momet. He filled in very well at scrum half, has a knack of creating holes for others with his passing, his try was also well taken. Henson has an excellent game, outclassing both Irish centres, he's just solid (and there's alot more to come imo)

Ireland didn't look themselves today. O'gara, Reddan and Kearney were their only good players today, their forewards were going backwards or nowhere the entire match. They just lacked any cutting edge, pitty in a way, I'm just a big fan of Irish rugby at it's best, hope to seeing them getting back to their best soon.

One more thing, re the scrum v forum thing. That is the worst forum ever, every thread just turns into a Wales or England bashing contest, with very few members just f***ing it up completely for everyone else.

I'm just a big fan of Irish rugby at it's best, hope to seeing them getting back to their best soon.[/b]

Completing the triple-smacking of England next week would be a good start. Permission to start playing great again, Ireland. :ph34r:

I notice Warren Gatland said some kind things about Eddie O'Sullivan after the match too, so that's one media generated controversy that can be put to rest.

I notice Warren Gatland said some kind things about Eddie O'Sullivan after the match too, so that's one media generated controversy that can be put to rest.[/b]
Was never really an issue over here. They tried to make it a story but no one was buying.

Either way, they are happy enough to move onto the EDDIE O'SULLIVAN MUST RESIGN headlines.

"Is there a sharper winger in the world than the sizzler Shane?!"

- Commentator at Ireland v Wales match.

How many SH's would bang their fists on the desk at that comment.
Argh, that hobbit couldn't burst thru 3 south african forwards like a certain winger that wears black!

:lol:
[/b]

Sizzler Shane? Kind of works, he does seem to spontaneously combust like one of those little 50 cent firecrackers when playing wingers from the Dirty South.

Triple crown wahoo!!

I did manage to watch the 2nd half on my lunch break today.
That was a cracking kick by Henson, but I'm sure that the tackle he done was illegal. Did they show the tackle again to see if he used his arms?

It's gonna one hell of a game against France & even better is that I'm not working next weekend!!!!

a truley well deserved triple crown c mon guys addmit it at the mo we r the team to beat

That was a cracking kick by Henson, but I'm sure that the tackle he done was illegal. Did they show the tackle again to see if he used his arms?
[/b]

That's exactly what i thought.
The referee was justifying Henson's tackle somehow or another claiming he used his chest or something? I don't know i missed his reasoning, but the commentators had no issue with the hit and they did not show another replay of it.
It's just one of those illegal hits Gavin used to throw in every game that game officials and commentators alike have simply come to accept as the norm from him. Although, his tackling up there with the best in the world (although we can all forget how many times Kearney carved him to pieces today.)

Does anyone know roughly what minuet Jackman did his deed?

What to watch it on iPlayer!

Caught it!!! How did I miss that!

Im sorry but Barnes has had a shocker today, he missed things that normal refs dont! He set is stall out at the start of the game when he kept penalising Wales for slowing down the ball! Now he should have done the same to Ireland in the second half and he did not!

He did the same with the cards, yes he was correct to yellow Phillips for his stupidness, Williams for his professional foul! However if anyone ever wants to insue an act of violence on a pitch then Jackman shows it there! Jones cant role away because his leg is trapped, hes at the side of the ruck so hes not affecting play, his hands are up which signalls he cant move! So why on earth did Jackman do it? Hopefully a citing panel will sort this out!

Caught it!!! How did I miss that!

Im sorry but Barnes has had a shocker today, he missed things that normal refs dont! He set is stall out at the start of the game when he kept penalising Wales for slowing down the ball! Now he should have done the same to Ireland in the second half and he did not!

He did the same with the cards, yes he was correct to yellow Phillips for his stupidness, Williams for his professional foul! However if anyone ever wants to insue an act of violence on a pitch then Jackman shows it there! Jones cant role away because his leg is trapped, hes at the side of the ruck so hes not affecting play, his hands are up which signalls he cant move! So why on earth did Jackman do it? Hopefully a citing panel will sort this out! [/b]

Wayne Barnes poorly reffing a game? Constantly penalising one team, but letting the other team get away with murder? Missing thing's anybody with the mental capacity of a plank of wood would've noticed?

Surely you jest.

<div class='quotemain'> Caught it!!! How did I miss that!

He did the same with the cards, yes he was correct to yellow Phillips for his stupidness, Williams for his professional foul! However if anyone ever wants to insue an act of violence on a pitch then Jackman shows it there! Jones cant role away because his leg is trapped, hes at the side of the ruck so hes not affecting play, his hands are up which signalls he cant move! So why on earth did Jackman do it? Hopefully a citing panel will sort this out! [/b]

Wayne Barnes poorly reffing a game? Constantly penalising one team, but letting the other team get away with murder? Missing thing's anybody with the mental capacity of a plank of wood would've noticed?

Surely you jest.
[/b][/quote]

Can see why the All Blacks love him :p

Surely you jest.
[/b]
bunnyPancake.jpg

Latest posts