• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland World Cup 2019 Thread aka "Quarter Final 4"

"Obviously, it was a dream for me to play for the All Blacks", you know, being a kid from New Zealand. But then you get to a stage in your life where you've got to sometimes park dreams and think of opportunity

The above quote is nauseating & disgusting

Irish Rugby is losing its soul in pursuit of Mercenaries and/or Project Players
James Lowe is not Irish, just a Kiwi Mercenary likely to play Int'l rugby for Ireland in 2020
I'm sick of this garbage: it's ruining Int'l Rugby

Luke Fitzgerald & Matt Williams have been bang on in their observations in their last podcast
& Article respectively

https://twitter.com/The42_ie/status/1169654413973237761?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1169654413973237761&ref_url=https://www.the42.ie/james-lowe-4796720-Sep2019/

Listen to these fecking eejits whooping and cheering at the end
Its what hughes did with England but different reasons, he turned down Fiji a few times to play for England. Playing in and for England was best for him and his family but i dont think he ruined rugby or devalued it(well maybe he did a bit but thats because he learned his breakdown skills from Hask:D)

I do get your point but your have to realise that players love playing and want to play international rugby. They want to be at the top and some will find a new home to achieve their dreams if they have to. And i cant blame them. If they are good enough they will make it and if not they wont.

Ultimately hughes has been found not good enough for the world cup where as with fiji he would have been. Its a risk they take the project players.

It happens to all countries.

Its what hughes did with England but different reasons, he turned down Fiji a few times to play for England. Playing in and for England was best for him and his family but i dont think he ruined rugby or devalued it(well maybe he did a bit but thats because he learned his breakdown skills from Hask:D)

I do get your point but your have to realise that players love playing and want to play international rugby. They want to be at the top and some will find a new home to achieve their dreams if they have to. And i cant blame them. If they are good enough they will make it and if not they wont.

Ultimately hughes has been found not good enough for the world cup where as with fiji he would have been. Its a risk they take the project players.

It happens to all countries.
And Ben Te'o and Brad Shields in this World Cup Cycle. They're also taking a 32 year old Kiwi to the World Cup, although I know his situation is way less cynical than Te'o for example. Not that I think anyone is doing anything wrong here.... Bar Te'o, but that's because he keeps punching people.

Aplha why though......

The truth is not palatable for you
I can understand as a Leinsterman wanting to protect your guy Lowe

Less competition: Earls will be done in next 2/3 years, Stockdale play Full Back
Larmour is decent player but unproven at Int'l level alot of hype, yet to deliver vs serious competition
Conway is decent but Lowe already is a much better player

Lowe walks into the Irish team in 12 months
If Lowe stayed in New Zealand he would be competing with Bridge, R Ioane, Reece, J Barrett, Ennor

Simply put James Lowe is not sniffing a place in current All Blacks Set up At best he'll be a one cap wonder
If becomes "Irish" he walks into Ireland starting XV along with Stockdale at FB & Earls at wing

He says it himself in the clip I posted #Facts
Isn't that like saying all the past New Zealanders blocked by Pacific Islanders who took their opportunities away.

A troll merely has no place of origin.
I'm going to guess he lives more than 20 miles from Coventry, aka outside the range Sarries fans are willing to travel to a European quarter final.
Also didn't cop a win at any score will make us #1 going into the World Cup. Thank you World Rugby ranking very cool.

Because Billy's rent boy has an agenda he will bluntly ram into every conversation trying to get a rise.

On actual Irish World Cup news, can we assume Carbery still isn't fit if he wasn't selected as Schmidt said? I wonder if he will be given a full 80 in the group stages.
Also nice to see Earls hit top speeds in training today. He has his critics, but him at full flight is a serious boost to us.

Careful now, Casual Homophobia is not very progressive or tolerant Groundhog....
Don't be a Bigot

And Ben Te'o and Brad Shields in this World Cup Cycle. They're also taking a 32 year old Kiwi to the World Cup, although I know his situation is way less cynical than Te'o for example. Not that I think anyone is doing anything wrong here.... Bar Te'o, but that's because he keeps punching people.

#FakeNews Groundhog

Te'o & Shields have English Parents so are just about Legit despite their circumstances
Heinz has an English Granny

I'd scrap the Granny Rule

Kleyn & Lowe are straight Mercenaries
Irish Rugby is losing its identity I'm not the only one saying Prominent commentators are saying the same thing

Heck I was listening to Darren Cave on the Rugby Pod mention that on a Summer tour to USA
They had to fly a SA "Irishman" from a different airport as he didn't have an Irish passport

How the duck is that tolerable for anyone who values International rugby?

#FakeNews Groundhog

Te'o & Shields have English Parents so are just about Legit despite their circumstances
Heinz has an English Granny

I'd scrap the Granny Rule

Kleyn & Lowe are straight Mercenaries
Irish Rugby is losing its identity I'm not the only one saying Prominent commentators are saying the same thing

Heck I was listening to Darren Cave on the Rugby Pod mention that on a Summer tour to USA
They had to fly a SA "Irishman" from a different airport as he didn't have an Irish passport

How the duck is that tolerable for anyone who values International rugby?
This has been done to death, I've got better things to do with my time than talk about it again but I'm sure others are happy to, but could you kindly talk to them about it in a thread that's relevant?

Y'know, not the one about the world cup that starts in less than a month and that for which player country qualifications are now relevant? James Lowe, Nathan Hughes and Ben T'eo aren't playing at the world cup, why they're being brought up in the world cup thread has yet to be explained to me.

This has been done to death, I've got better things to do with my time than talk about it again but I'm sure others are happy to, but could you kindly talk to them about it in a thread that's relevant?

Y'know, not the one about the world cup that starts in less than a month and that for which player country qualifications are now relevant? James Lowe, Nathan Hughes and Ben T'eo aren't playing at the world cup, why they're being brought up in the world cup thread has yet to be explained to me.

Send me a link and your wish shall be my command ;);)

Equally shows how awful the ranking system is.
Why? Our results over the last few years have overall been very good. It's unreasonable to expect a ranking system to take actual on-pitch form into account. I don't think we're the best team in the world but to say we've had the best results over the last few years isn't much of a stretch.

Why? Our results over the last few years have overall been very good. It's unreasonable to expect a ranking system to take actual on-pitch form into account. I don't think we're the best team in the world but to say we've had the best results over the last few years isn't much of a stretch.
But thats just it our results have not been superb the last 12 months. There is no way we deserve to be the #1 team. And the fact it takes in games like last few weeks is a flaw too. We could argue being #1 in 16-18 but not now.

Latest posts