• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy Licensed - Official Screenshots

no, the thing is, I was speaking to my lawyer cousing about it and she said there is absolutely no legal trouble they can get in
Unless your "cousin" wrote, or has at least read, the contract then "he" knows diddly squat

Unless your "cousin" wrote, or has at least read, the contract then "he" knows diddly squat

Trademark rules are trademark rules. No one from HB has said anything about making a special contract with the unions. Unless such an agreement was made, then regular rules regarding trademark apply

The only thing I can possibly think that is causing this is the RWC license?? It is concievable that as part of that HB had to guarantee that they would show no likenesses to any team that they had not secured the license for?

I am starting to really worry for RWC and HB, from reading both forums it seems that far far more effort has gone into the Sidhe game to ensure gamers get what they ask for. I am really starting to feel like this is just going to be an updated Rugby 08 with a few little changes, and far less teams, major licences missing with no way of editing the teams adequately to make up for this and ultimately no longevity. And add to that the fact that theres not even so much as a online ranking, every game will just be a one off random game against a random opponent, or organised via this forum (a bit complicated and messy), or against a friend which is probaly the way I will go most of the time.

I love Rugby 08 (must still play it 4 or 5 times a week), and I am definitely buying RWC 11, but I cant see me still playing it in a years time. I am now starting to accept that I am going to have to get RC and learn the playing style for it as its the one I will still be playing in a year.

I really think HB made a mistake putting so much emphasis on the RWC license, at the expense of everything else...

The only thing I can possibly think that is causing this is the RWC license?? It is concievable that as part of that HB had to guarantee that they would show no likenesses to any team that they had not secured the license for?

I am starting to really worry for RWC and HB, from reading both forums it seems that far far more effort has gone into the Sidhe game to ensure gamers get what they ask for. I am really starting to feel like this is just going to be an updated Rugby 08 with a few little changes, and far less teams, major licences missing with no way of editing the teams adequately to make up for this and ultimately no longevity. And add to that the fact that theres not even so much as a online ranking, every game will just be a one off random game against a random opponent, or organised via this forum (a bit complicated and messy), or against a friend which is probaly the way I will go most of the time.

I love Rugby 08 (must still play it 4 or 5 times a week), and I am definitely buying RWC 11, but I cant see me still playing it in a years time. I am now starting to accept that I am going to have to get RC and learn the playing style for it as its the one I will still be playing in a year.

I really think HB made a mistake putting so much emphasis on the RWC license, at the expense of everything else...

Rugby 08 though was largely based on the 2007 RWC? And we have Fiji, Tonga, Japan and other such non-licensed teams competing in that World Cup, so I don't know if that's the issue. I just think they'd rather hurt our feelings then the unions'.

At times when I read things like this, I wonder why HB even bother releasing a game.

How can you legitimately say that HB made a mistake putting an emphasis on an RWC license at the expense of everything else just creases me a tad.

This is exactly what we are trying to avoid seeing as we do not have an Australian license.

Instead of spending most of your budget on licenses, why don't you spend a lot of that on gameplay as by the sounds of it, it is just a recycled piece of ****. Same tackle animations, same passing animations, same line breaking animations.

Especially when NZ and Aus were already licensed to RC before Sidhe/HES before HB even knew they were making a game (and before Sidhe knew HB were making one)

At times when I read things like this, I wonder why HB even bother releasing a game.

How can you legitimately say that HB made a mistake putting an emphasis on an RWC license at the expense of everything else just creases me a tad.

Why? The RWC is one tournament with 7 games if you get through to the final. That might mean great things if you're a rugby fan watching it live, but not really for a sports game. What happens when you win the world cup a few times? Get bored of the same old crap animations that they've recycled and move onto Rugby Challenge.

Instead of spending most of your budget on licenses, why don't you spend a lot of that on gameplay as by the sounds of it, it is just a recycled piece of ****. Same tackle animations, same passing animations, same line breaking animations.

Guess you have not read or chosen what you wanted to read from reviews :)

Why? The RWC is one tournament with 7 games if you get through to the final. That might mean great things if you're a rugby fan watching it live, but not really for a sports game. What happens when you win the world cup a few times? Get bored of the same old crap animations that they've recycled and move onto Rugby Challenge.

Cool Story ... change the record. :)

if its sidhe you are worried about, then there player editor, will cause them to infringe on your rights?
seems like sidhe have rabo licence,which is why any player in them teams can not be in this one?

And to Cymro for saying "change the record" to the above statement, why don't you rather prove your point instead of using a defense mechanism that most people use when they know they're wrong. Rhyer makes a fantasstic point, and you can't deny that this new game sounds like it is going to be a massive dissapointment

Online play gives longevity, though that longevity is shortened by having no leaderboard as it will mean better players dont keep getting better as there'll be a big disconnect in abilities within weeks.

I played a game the other day that was a bit older and only had weak players left on the network, was no point playing them I was just hammering them so I switched off.

And to Cymro for saying "change the record" to the above statement, why don't you rather prove your point instead of using a defense mechanism that most people use when they know they're wrong. Rhyer makes a fantasstic point, and you can't deny that this new game sounds like it is going to be a massive dissapointment

Look sunshine its the same bunch of 4 or 5 who constantly say the same thing, great we know what you think so move on, we know your view.

If you even bothered to read the reviews they all say it is an improvement on Rugby'08.

how are the wales, ireland, scotland and italy deals different to the france, south africa and england deals? is it to do with the number of player likenesses? because to me it looked as if there were no welsh player likenesses...

if the other game has rabodirect, then that answers why the rights are dif for those teams,with them also having aviva leauge,england will be intresting,, after all that, the only offical totaly right top team , will be S/A?.

Why do people bother coming on here if all they are going to do is spam the forum with hate, We all know what to expect from the game now, No its not going to be what everyone wanted but its at least a rugby game on my Xbox 360, God if they ported 08 across, I would still be happy and buy it without coming on here complaining. If as you say want a better rugby game with More tornaments/licences then we need to support HB and buy this game. If we all say its crap and decide not to buy, the HB will not be able to make any more games. also does Sidhe have The licence for the England Team? I dont know the answer however im not all over their forum demanding answers and if they dont have it Asking why and it has ruined the game for me.

Both games could have no tornaments, Licences or liknesses in my eyes and i would still buy them both, and play them to death.....WHY because its the sport i love and I want to support and play on my machine sat in front of my TV.

I have rugby nations 10 for my android phone, It has no licences, No Liknesses and Sometimes props take drop goals and conversions..... Am i bothered......NO.

Abuse me all you want, I have had my say and you have had yours. But please above all dont write this game off just because someone may not look like someone in real life.

To be fair, I have never voiced that opinion before, I'm not criticising HB, just feel it's dawning on me that this game has so little depth, and whilst sounds like a leap forward in gameplay and definitely in graphics, the package as a whole is much smaller, and this is a very unusual step to take in evolving a gaming series.It is totally true that there is nothing that HB could do about the Aus and NZ licenses, but I would have thought that would have been even more reason to expand the whole package.Just my opinion, I love the gaming series, and love the way HB have evolved it previously, just worried in 6 months I will be back to coming on here daily hoping for news of the next game

To be fair, I have never voiced that opinion before, I'm not criticising HB, just feel it's dawning on me that this game has so little depth, and whilst sounds like a leap forward in gameplay and definitely in graphics, the package as a whole is much smaller, and this is a very unusual step to take in evolving a gaming series.It is totally true that there is nothing that HB could do about the Aus and NZ licenses, but I would have thought that would have been even more reason to expand the whole package.Just my opinion, I love the gaming series, and love the way HB have evolved it previously, just worried in 6 months I will be back to coming on here daily hoping for news of the next game

It's a step back because for most of the time they worked without having a publisher to finance them. The progression of previous games happened because they had EA Sports backing them up...

Latest posts