• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: Australia vs. Scotland (17/06/2017)

Really enjoyed that game this morning. The Scots were relentless in defence and did enough to get points on the board.

I was disappointed by the Aussies: they didnt "click".

That's how it stands 13.30 GMT

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpg
    IMG_2697.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
Thanks Bruce. Amazing result when you consider the second string back three.
Hamish Watson was superb yet again. Think J Gray and Toolis are the future as far as the second row goes.

God that was dire, 2 sides playing absolute crap rugby. Just dreadful by the Wallabies, inaccurate, ill disciplined, negative, uncommitted and lazy. When you think Scotland had 2 tries and 17 points from Wallaby mistakes after 20 something minutes it shows how little they had in attack. Only 7 more points in 50 something minutes.

I guess given their historical seeding the Scots will take something out of the win, on the other hand the Wallabies should be thoroughly ashamed of such a dismal effort.

Its going to be a long season for the Wobblies, they should be able to sneak past Italy if they can improve from this performance, but beyond that it looks hopeless, SA seem to have lifted a little and wont be easy, the Pumas we have yet to see, but if they have improved at all then its trouble, and the AB's continue to be in a clear class above the rest.

Edit - Wayne Barnes for MotM, definitely the best performance on the paddock yesterday.

Last edited:
Steady on there. There is a world of difference between Italy and Scotland at the moment. If Cheika selects anything like his strongest XV Italy will be a formality.

I am not so sure about any of that, Scotland were awful against the Wobblies, the Wobblies were just a bit worse than awful. I also think Cheika had his best XV on the field against the Scots, but if your best play like that then Italy will be a challenge!

As I said, the Italy game was the only one I was fairly confident the Wobblies would win, and I still think its the most likely result, but the improvement in attitude, accuracy and skills would have to be real and significant.

Historic victory and Scotland were missing some key players.
Congratulations are deserved for the Scots.

Latest posts