• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Australia

A standard template Scotland home loss to the SH. I feel sorry for Kinghorn being made to kick penalties. Apparently George Horne kicks them better for Glasgow?

Hopeless in terms of finances or in terms of giving up on the URC this year? It'll be purely financial. I'm surprised Wales didnt tee up a test this weekend for the same reason.
Wales play Australia on the 28th of November as a 4th test

Just in case you all missed the glorious finish to the game. The man with the mo strikes again :eek:
Wow, Rugby.com.au are VERY easily impressed if that's considered "genius". Could have been done a lot more safely than that - which required a fair bit of luck to not be collected by any of the Scots around it.

Wow, Rugby.com.au are VERY easily impressed if that's considered "genius". Could have been done a lot more safely than that - which required a fair bit of luck to not be collected by any of the Scots around it.
Worked didn't it? Many pundits giving him kudos for smart play including those on the rugby pod. He caught them by surprise, plain and simple

Maybe I just have a higher threshold for "genius" than "slightly surprising, and happened to work out well".

Maybe I just have a higher threshold for "genius" than "slightly surprising, and happened to work out well".
It was near enough the equivalent of the underarm bowling by Australia in 1981

Oh please. You lot are a salty bunch
Not really it was a fair, within the laws, tactic. Just a bit sneaky and not really within the spirit of the game.

We lost from Kinghorn missing two kicks, either of which would have won the match. nuff said

How could it have been done more safely?

How could it have been done more safely?
Not going as far upfield where it could fairly easily have been intercepted by a Scottish player - had they been awake.
Going shorter with it would also have used an angle that's less likely to be bothered by the bounce of a rugby ball - that was approaching the line at about 30*, so could easily have veered off and stayed infield.
There's no requirement for a drop-out to go more than 1" forwards (though that would be asking way too much in the other direction)

Latest posts