Jamie Bhatti,
Dave Cherry,
WP Nel,
Sam Skinner,
Grant Gilchrist,
Jamie Ritchie (capt),
Rory Darge
Jack Dempsey.

Replacements: Ewan Ashman, Rory Sutherland, Javan Sebastian, Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, George Horne, Ben Healy, Chris Harris

Decent team again for Scotland, nice mix of keeping match fitness for some of the big names but also getting hours on the clock for Ollie Smith and Jamie Bhatti. Good to see White back again, hope Healy gets another decent bite of the apple - I wouldn't mind a half time change at 10, keeps Finn in one piece!

Scotland:
Ollie Smith,
Darcy Graham,
Huw Jones,
Sione Tuipulotu,
Duhan van der Merwe,
Finn Russell, Ben White;
Jamie Bhatti,
Dave Cherry,
WP Nel,
Sam Skinner,
Grant Gilchrist,
Jamie Ritchie (capt),
Rory Darge
Jack Dempsey.

Replacements: Ewan Ashman, Rory Sutherland, Javan Sebastian, Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, George Horne, Ben Healy, Chris Harris

Decent team again for Scotland, nice mix of keeping match fitness for some of the big names but also getting hours on the clock for Ollie Smith and Jamie Bhatti. Good to see White back again, hope Healy gets another decent bite of the apple - I wouldn't mind a half time change at 10, keeps Finn in one piece!
Bit surprised they would risk Russell and White.

Thought it would be a great opportunity for Healey

Bit surprised they would risk Russell and White.

Thought it would be a great opportunity for Healey
I thought the same, Horne and Healy would be ideal but they maybe want to make sure White gets a run with him being in the starting spot for the Boks....

It is hard to put into words how much of a step up in challenge this is for Georgia compared to anything they have had the oportunity to play this year. It will be extremely difficult on the day for them but such a contest may help Georgia in the tournament as their group will seem easy compared to this (unless Scotland try weird Townsend kick orientated tactics, which I don't think they will).

Georgia looked ordinary against a transitional USA last time out, so they will be doing well to keep this within 40 points if Scotland take it seriously. I'd be delighted if they could keep it within 30 and bag a couple of tries.

If I was Scotland I'd have been wrapping up key backs in cotton wool. I guess they are wanting to be in absolute peak form for game 1, so I don't think this is madness.

It is hard to put into words how much of a step up in challenge this is for Georgia compared to anything they have had the oportunity to play this year. It will be extremely difficult on the day for them but such a contest may help Georgia in the tournament as their group will seem easy compared to this (unless Scotland try weird Townsend kick orientated tactics, which I don't think they will).

Georgia looked ordinary against a transitional USA last time out, so they will be doing well to keep this within 40 points if Scotland take it seriously. I'd be delighted if they could keep it within 30 and bag a couple of tries.

If I was Scotland I'd have been wrapping up key backs in cotton wool. I guess they are wanting to be in absolute peak form for game 1, so I don't think this is madness.

The USA won Olympic gold medals in 15's rugby back 1920 and 1924...and we've been in transition ever since. :D

Thank goodness were pretty good at 7's. If it weren't for that I'd be totally depressed.

I hope Scotland does well in the Rugby World Cup.

Last edited:
Steyn in for Graham on the wing, tweaked a quad muscle in training apparently.

Georgian selection pretty strong but with Matkava at 10 who just turned 22. They will be doing well to keep this within 30.

I like that GT is being bold and going with his strongest side tomorrow (barring Graham's injury). Yes there's a risk of injuries but Georgia will provide good physicality and the team will be more battle hardened going into the RWC as a result.

I like that GT is being bold and going with his strongest side tomorrow (barring Graham's injury). Yes there's a risk of injuries but Georgia will provide good physicality and the team will be more battle hardened going into the RWC as a result.
And after last nights Bok juggernaut showing Scotland can't lift off the pace. Need everything and a fair wind for that first pool game.

And after last nights Bok juggernaut showing Scotland can't lift off the pace. Need everything and a fair wind for that first pool game.
The Boks the last two matches is an absolute boot up the backside for Scotland. I expect laser focus from them for the first 60mins.

Scotland by 33

Could have sworn the Georgian no 1 swung a punch there

Georgia looking better than expected tbf, kicking game is really good

Scotland look disjointed

Didn't realise Worsley was with Georgia!
Wonder if he fancies a chance in employer post RWC?

Clearly I got it wrong about Scotland coming out hot. I will stick with this one i think.

****!

Interesting, Georgian got away with tripping the Scottish defender

Georgian 9, 12, 14 & 15 are really handy. I wasn't expecting them to look so good without their first choice 10.