• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland v Australia

Said it elsewhere but a high shot can be anywhere from play on to a red and the exact same infringement will get the opposite punishment in a game that happens on the same weekend. They are losing the absolute plot.

You northern lot keep saying cards arent ruining the game and players just need to adjust. Adjust to what? A complete lottery? Righto.

Also 106 seconds from final penalty whistoe to kick. Thought we were cracking down on time wasting? Isnt that 90 second rule we were all told about important anymore?

Stay classy rugby.

Last edited:
Just watched the game, nowhere in the laws does it allow differentiation based on which body part hits them. He smacked him full force in the head with his arm, it's worse than a clothesline. Absolute farce and I'd be very surprised if there isn't a citing and Pearce gets a talking to for his ridiculous interpretation.

Also funny hearing the commentators talking about how bad the penalty counts are when that is pretty much the sort of penalty count England have been getting every single game.
Games are hitting 30+ penalties regularly.

A club ref would have his beer money confiscated for such a tally.

For anyone who missed that direct contact with the head and only a yellow card given by Luke Pearce.

Said it elsewhere but a high shot can be anywhere from play on to a red and the exact same infringement will get the opposite punishment in a game that happens on the same weekend. They are losing the absolute plot.

You northern lot keep saying cards arent ruining the game and players just need to adjust. Adjust to what? A complete lottery? Righto.

Also 106 seconds from final penalty whistoe to kick. Thought we were cracking down on time wasting? Isnt that 90 second rule we were all told about important anymore?

Stay classy rugby.
Maate yar dreamin, 90 seconds is only when ya playing the all blacks. Four more years.

Russell wasn't selected for the autumn squad right? I've heard conflicting messages

Russell wasn't selected for the autumn squad right? I've heard conflicting messages

He was (rightly) dropped for the last game in the 6N. Not sure if he threw his toys out of the pram or there have been further 'disagreements' between him and Townsend. There could also have been another beergate type discipline incident that they have managed to keep under wraps. Something is not right clearly and I wish they'd sort it as Kinghorn at 10 is not the answer.

He was (rightly) dropped for the last game in the 6N. Not sure if he threw his toys out of the pram or there have been further 'disagreements' between him and Townsend. There could also have been another beergate type discipline incident that they have managed to keep under wraps. Something is not right clearly and I wish they'd sort it as Kinghorn at 10 is not the answer.
I'm not fully up to speed on what is happening but it sounds like Russell is a bit of a Cipriani-esque prima donna who thinks he is the team and the sun shines out of his arse. That kind of player can be great for a team but, in the long run, can also be completely destructive, especially if they ignore the rules everyone else follows because they think they are untouchable.

Maybe that is being unfair on Russell, we shall see. Ultimately though no player can be bigger than the team and sometimes highly skilled players need to be brought back down to earth.

For anyone who missed that direct contact with the head and only a yellow card given by Luke Pearce.

Was that a clash of heads in the tackle before the illegal clear out?

If so isnt they a pen or YC offence these days for the tackler? Not sure if they did clash heads but it looks like it.

I'm not fully up to speed on what is happening but it sounds like Russell is a bit of a Cipriani-esque prima donna who thinks he is the team and the sun shines out of his arse. That kind of player can be great for a team but, in the long run, can also be completely destructive, especially if they ignore the rules everyone else follows because they think they are untouchable.

Maybe that is being unfair on Russell, we shall see. Ultimately though no player can be bigger than the team and sometimes highly skilled players need to be brought back down to earth.

He's probably not at Cipriani's level but has been known to moan about Townsend's tactics. At Racing he seems to have license to do what he wants and it seems with Scotland he struggles to do what he's told. Bloody Fly halves and their egos.

If so isnt they a pen or YC offence these days for the tackler? Not sure if they did clash heads but it looks like it.
Yep, I think that is also a valid point that was missed.

I thought initially that was what they were checking on

Beale single-handedly tanked McKenzie's budding career as an international coach.

Coaches are better off without those character, regardless of their skills.

All true.

But the coach also needs to man manage what's in front of him and harness the talent available. Players respond to different stimuli - carrot / stick, leader / follower etc and a coach must be sensitive to that. There will be some genuine 'unmanageables', but in reality I suspect these are few and far between with the shortcomings being just as much with the coach - who of course has the final say.

Just in case you all missed the glorious finish to the game. The man with the mo strikes again :eek:

Latest posts