• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: Samoa vs. Wales (23/06/2017)

Considering there was about 14 caps across the front 5 and Nicky Smith had about 12 of them I thought they held there own against a powerful pack. When the replacements come on though it turned to ****. I thought Aled Davies done well in poor conditions and Steff Evens finished well with two tries. The backs on the whole were dire today though, I know the conditions were poor but they barley looked threatening at all.

I would say Samoa's team was much stronger/experienced 'on paper' and I was expecting a very tough game for Wales, so overall that was a good win.

The young Welsh front 5 were very impressive considering the massive lack of experice. Some of those boys have barely got into double figures for their clubs so it's good going. Glad to see Dillion doing well as Cardiff need him to step up next season and I though he did well.

I read that Jamie Roberts has 33 more caps than the rest of the team put together. The younger players need to be given more of a chance a little more often.

I read that Jamie Roberts has 33 more caps than the rest of the team put together. The younger players need to be given more of a chance a little more often.

He is far of his prime and Samoans cannot be considered inexperienced, they play Super Rugby or European leagues constantly. I think is more of a missed opportunity by Samoa to face a 2nd string Welsh side despite being exposed regularly with 1st Tier tests in Apia.

Well done Wales; a win in difficult conditions, and having to overcome sickness in the squad too

The mighty Italy leapfrog Samoa into 14th in the world with this result! Great from Conor O'Shea :p

Agree that this is a missed opportunity for Samoa. I didn't see anything that made me change my mind that Tonga are overtaking them slightly in terms of overall performance.

RWC qualification in Oceania is going to be very interesting and competitive as I think the gap between Samoa and some of the possible repechage sides is closing a little.

I shouldn't read too much into a match played in such conditions though. The Samoan fans were fantastic given the weather and hopefully they get something to cheer about soon.

He is far of his prime and Samoans cannot be considered inexperienced, they play Super Rugby or European leagues constantly. I think is more of a missed opportunity by Samoa to face a 2nd string Welsh side despite being exposed regularly with 1st Tier tests in Apia.

As I said, the Samoans are very experienced, and I wasn't expecting to win at all. The young Welsh pack did a very good job.

I was suggesting that Wales can't wait for four years to blood youngsters. It's been a manjor problem with creating depth for Wales.

Was a good win for Wales. Thought Samoa would have got this one due to home advantage and a more experience squad. Wales were patient and grinded out a nice win.

Good win from the Welsh.

More importantly though, how good was the Welsh national anthem, beautiful!

Fair play to those guys but it was probably a better rendition of the anthem than most of the nation can do themselves. Not sure where else to put it but I saw on Reddit about talk to bring Roberts back to Wales NDC. What an absolute farce if they do. The tour taught us a few things, two being McBryde is not good enough to be head coach and that Jamie Roberts isn't good enough for this level anymore.

Latest posts