• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June Internationals: Chiefs vs. Wales (14/06/2016)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Chiefs.png
Versus%20Pro%20D2.png
Wales.png

I'd love to see more matches like this when the 6N teams tour the SH. Wales arrived here over a week before the first test, so why not a warm up game against say, the Hurricanes or a top NPC side like Tasman or Taranaki on the Tuesday before the first test?

2, 6, and 7 all from the local New Plymouth Boys Highschool. 1 and 23, from the same local Taranaki club as Tamanivalu and Naholo.

Last edited:
This match is gonna bite us in the arse. Warburton is starting as Eli's Jenkins is injured so potentially he could be playing 3 games within one week. Also falatau and Roberts are now on the bench. That's 3 of our definite starters for Saturday playing again today. Fingers crossed no more injuries but surely they'd be tired for Saturday

I cringed with the inclusion of Warburton. Not sure if wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk how many of you lads can see this game tbh. But that 13 is possibly an AB rep at some point too. I rate him. Stuck behind Ngatai and Tamanivalu at the Chiefs though.

Wales have nothing to gain from this game and, by the end of it, there will be a number of starters in the team. Wales were struggling to keep up with the ABs on the weekend. This isn't going to help.

Old Stephen Donald straight through a gap, offloads to Weber. Try time wtf. Under the posts.

- - - Updated - - -

One of your locks are broken already. Dislocated finger. The one that isn't stupidly tall. Ball? Or something.

Wales are weak in defence out wide. They need to grind with the forwards and do well at set piece or this could be a long morning.

Old Stephen Donald straight through a gap, offloads to Weber. Try time wtf. Under the posts.

- - - Updated - - -

One of your locks are broken already. Dislocated finger. The one that isn't stupidly tall. Ball? Or something.

Bit of tape and get on with it haha

Chiefs only been in our 22 twice, scored twice, we've been in theirs about 6-7 times maybe more, no points. Just not clinical enough

Not surprising really. The backline of this Welsh team would struggle in the pro 12.

The line out is more frustrating and the silly forwards penalties.

Harsh decision there's no way that wasn't grounded

On another note what the hell is that rattling noise Everytime the Chiefs have the ball

Last edited:
Lol Tyler Morgan! Bird turning him inside out. This is showing the massive lack of depth in Welsh rugby. This the the second pointless game Wales have chosen to play this summer and it's really backfired.

Take Warbs and Charteris off and leave the rest out there.

Wow following the live feed on Stuff.co.nz. 21-0 to Chiefs at half time.

So my pre tour worry about getting turned over by the Chiefs is coming true. Yay.

Aled Davies' service is much better, immediately away from the breakdown

I'd love to see more matches like this when the 6N teams tour the SH. Wales arrived here over a week before the first test, so why not a warm up game against say, the Hurricanes or a top NPC side like Tasman or Taranaki on the Tuesday before the first test?

Much as it is great SC, with the number of test players being required to play in this match, it is obvious why they can't be a regular feature of tours.....no real depth.

It is did not change very much as regards the contest but rarely seen a ref allow so much to go on.....offsides, diving at mauls, swimming down mauls, knock ons! Very poor display from him!

Must be fun watching the Chiefs every week.....even made the bish bash bosh rugby look fun!!

What on earth with the PA? It was either some idiot droning on or musik? Would turn me off live games if that is the norm!!

Latest posts