• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jwrc 2015

Japan are just being annihilated, more than a point a minute.

I can't watch Italy vs SA anymore. The bias refereeing is starting to get to me. Or mybe its just my own bias and the fact I can't understand the ref or commentary.

Last edited:
This ref has manufactured a whole slew of penalties to keep Italy from being embarrassed here as hosts.:eek:

Breathtaking to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

I was under the impression that was an automatic card, ref.

You cannot take the players feet out from underneath him whilst he is up catching a ball, without any attempt to play the ball.

Oh well......rugby is a weird sport these days...so much held hostage to one individuals "interpretation".;)

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

The ref has now yellowcarded a player from South Africa for competing in the lineout.

And no...no contact was made with the Italian player.:lol:

I'm not surprised the player sent off looked bewildered.

- - - Updated - - -

33-5 final score SA vs Italy.

One rather suspects there could have easily been 20 points or more added in different circumstances.

If this is going to be the standard of refereeing for this tournament I expect massive outcries!

The worst part was that the ref wasn't Italian. But he did his utmost to keep them in the game. Absolutely shocking!

Not so sure he was trying to keep them in the game, as trying to keep the score respectable for the hosts.

Nevertheless....the yellow card was a low point. The player simply didn't deserve to be treated like that.

I see I'm not the only person who thought there was some dodgy/incompetent refereeing. I just saw 15 minutes but there were enough strange calls against SA and calls not made against Italy that it put me off the game.

If it carried on throughout I'm glad I didn't continue watching. I just hope it's not the case in more games. I didn't watch any of the others.

Poor refereeing has been a hallmark of Super Rugby this season as well. Hope it does not carry over into the RWC. This is not the place to discuss that though.

It's early yet and I don't know how much one can read into the first few results but it seems the usual suspects are pushing for the ***le again in NZ and England with SA probably next in line? Who thereafter?

- - - Updated - - -

France and Ireland picked up wins while Aus picked up the bonus point against Samao who I see as 3rd in our pool. They'll probably take 5 away from Italy as well one would imagine and I'd also wager they are more of a chance to get points off of us than France are against England and Ireland are against NZ so we are probably looking at NZ, SA, England adn Aus as progressing? Probably too early to say yet.

Not too sure.

I only caught the Ireland v Argentina and SA vs Italy games.

Neither Ireland nor Argentina looked like world beaters, to be very frank.

But then, as difficult as it was to judge under the conditions mentioned earlier in this thread, SA look to have their issues too.
A very powerful forward pack, but I was less than impressed by the backs. Too many dropped balls or marginal passes masquerading as offloads.

Still, it's early days in the competition, and perhaps it's unfair to judge any team until they get a couple of games under their belts, and learn to gel a bit better.

I see I'm not the only person who thought there was some dodgy/incompetent refereeing. I just saw 15 minutes but there were enough strange calls against SA and calls not made against Italy that it put me off the game.

If it carried on throughout I'm glad I didn't continue watching. I just hope it's not the case in more games. I didn't watch any of the others.

Poor refereeing has been a hallmark of Super Rugby this season as well. Hope it does not carry over into the RWC. This is not the place to discuss that though.

It's early yet and I don't know how much one can read into the first few results but it seems the usual suspects are pushing for the ***le again in NZ and England with SA probably next in line? Who thereafter?

- - - Updated - - -

France and Ireland picked up wins while Aus picked up the bonus point against Samao who I see as 3rd in our pool. They'll probably take 5 away from Italy as well one would imagine and I'd also wager they are more of a chance to get points off of us than France are against England and Ireland are against NZ so we are probably looking at NZ, SA, England adn Aus as progressing? Probably too early to say yet.

Yes that, and the other thing was that we didn't start our strongest team last night. And we always tend to start the tournament with a bit of a lull.

The second half was very hard to watch last night. And the ref seemed to have no idea of the breakdown laws, or advantage.

There was one point where the Baby Boks knocked the ball on, which was snapped up by an Italian player, and ran nearly half the length of the field, then he got tackled and we turned over the ball. then the ref went back to the spot where we knocked on for the scrum.

The phase right after that, Italy knocks the ball, we pick it up and then got tackled into touch, not even progressing a meter. Then the ref calls for the line-out.

New Zealand looked very handy. Akira Ioane is obviously a great talent but they looked very very good from 1 -22.

Thought Scotland looked ok to despite the scoreline. Liked the 9.

Looking forward to seeing South Africa play live

Well we got 5 log points which is the important thing. Lets just hope for more consistent calls going forward for everyone. Next up for us is Samoa who might prove tricky so maybe it a good thing our guys having had a tricky game (ITO refereeing). Why do we always get Samoa in our pools in tournaments? It just seems bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

New Zealand looked very handy. Akira Ioane is obviously a great talent but they looked very very good from 1 -22.

Thought Scotland looked ok to despite the scoreline. Liked the 9.

Looking forward to seeing South Africa play live
I'm a bit miffed about Ioane being there as I had him in my Super Rugby fantasy draft team and now need to find a replacement. Definately one to keep an eye on.

59-7 in the end to England, slowed down a fair bit towards the end. Having won the tournament the last two times out, and having seen this current crop of players, I can't help but feel they'll make it a three-peat and win once more.

59-7 in the end to England, slowed down a fair bit towards the end. Having won the tournament the last two times out, and having seen this current crop of players, I can't help but feel they'll make it a three-peat and win once more.

Arrogance!

Once again I can't help but feel (with the obvious exception of Ioane) - NZ still looks like we don't have the size to really dominate and win collisions. Our scrum looked pretty handy which is nice (but I'm not sure it's more to do with Scotland having an average scrum compared to us having a great one). We also looked like we were just shoveling the ball on a bit too much, very few dummy runners or set-plays. I'm inclined to be a bit pessimistic - however we did look marginally better than last years group. Tevita Li is still a beast at this level.

I don't think this is particularly standout English side to be honest. The pack, especially, is not up to recent years standards.

Arrogance!

You're right, my typical English arrogance is pouring out once again, someone help me.

I don't think this is particularly standout English side to be honest. The pack, especially, is not up to recent years standards.

I'm actually quite a fan of the team, Charlie Ewels is clearly quality, although we do have a pretty strong squad; Will Owen, James Chisholm, Nick Tompkins, Rory Jennings, George Perkins and Stuart Townsend (in the mould of Ben Youngs) are just a few that have impressed and can help England on their way to a third successive U20 World Cup.

- - - Updated - - -

NZ should walk this.. Look by far the best team.

Really? I wouldn't say "by far" especially not after the first 15/20 against Scotland when it was only 6-3.

Should be a good tournament as always, great to see what the future has in store.

lovely try by the French making wales look pedestrian:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AKIKZPHbeDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We're definitely capable of causing an upset but I don't think we'll progress too far, our pack simply isn't good enough and although a good player Carberry simply doesn't have the class Tha Byrne does that may have negated some of the packs weaknesses. Still its a development competition so if it helps some of our very talented backs that's all that matters.

We should come together us teams in green. SA has the exact opposite issue to Ireland. We have a good pack, better than last year's I feel but our backs just don't have the penetration or creativity to go all the way IMO- if the current pack is a step up from last year, the backs are two down unfortunately.

Latest posts