• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwi Barometer

cheers mate hope some others agree..seriously sure he can be inteligent..and i dont want to disprespect henrys decision to play him on the northern tour but these days you need people who can do more then finish. full backs and wingers need to create! thats why i picked corey jane

Fair call. Think his days at fullback are numbered... I'd say he's got 14 days left in that position.

Week 6 Lineup:

1. Saimone Taumoepeau (Blues) - had a blinder of a game.
2. Jason McDonald (Highlanders) - he's form has been consistent.
3. Chris King (Highlanders)
4. Greg Rawlinson (Blues)
5. James Ryan (Highlanders)
6. Jerome Kaino (Blues)
7. Daniel Braid (Blues)
8. Nick Williams (Blues)
9. Alby Mathewson (Hurricanes) - a shining light in a dull Canes outfit.
10. David Holwell (Blues) - was just slightly better than Evans.
11. David Smith (Hurricanes)
12. Sam Tuitupou (Blues)
13. Isaia Toeava (Blues)
14. Doug Howlett (Blues)
15. Ben Atiga (Blues)

Chiefs and Crusaders both had byes so only 3 teams features this week. The Canes were sluggish and below par....so majority of the picks this week belong to the Blues and the Highlanders, with the Blues covering most backline positions after a strong showing against the Lions.

Agree... bar one.

For mine I'll with Nick Evans over David 'whatashamehedidn'tgotowaikatowhereallthesexshopsare' Howell.
Very even but think Evans was inspirational in holding up his side while the Blues where handing out left right and center.

Week 7 Lineup:

1. Wyatt Crockett (Crusaders)
2. Corey Flynn (Crusaders)
3. Campbell Johnstone (Crusaders)
4. Michael Paterson (Crusaders) - Man of the Round for me. Excellent all-rounder.
5. Kristian Ormsby (Chiefs)
6. Liam Messam (Chiefs)
7. Marty Holah (Chiefs) - He maybe behind in the pecking order but he's still got it.
8. Mose Tuiali'i (Crusaders)
9. Kevin Senio (Crusaders)
10. Stephen Brett (Crusaders) - Watch your back Carter.
11. David Smith (Hurricanes)
12. Tim Bateman (Crusaders)
13. Casey Laulala (Crusaders)
14. Rico Gear (Crusaders)
15. Scott Hamilton (Crusaders)

If it wasnt for David Smith, it would have been an entire Crusaders backline. They were ruthless both in attack and defence.

Agree with Juggernaut, without the Blues and Highlanders PLUS the Canes playing like crap (there is no way Tana should have been sent off) there's only two teams to chose from.

Where the hell did Michael Paterson come from? never seen him before or if I have never took no notice.
Same as Tim Bateman... awesome effort from the second5, what is about the south island... must be something in the water.

To all those Nothern Hemisphere supporters (who most probably not be reading this)... New Zealand does not rely on Pacific Islanders alone to play quality rugby here.

Think next week their should be some interesting changes, look forward to seeing how the AB's get intergrated back into the line up.

I think Johnny Leo'o should be in there as he got a try and a very good break. I didnt acutally see how Marty Holah played though so maybe not. Its a shame Rico Gear dropped the ball on the line in the Crusaders game.

Holah may have not scored a try but his defence and turn over ball was really good, Holah gets my vote.

Holah may have not scored a try but his defence and turn over ball was really good, Holah gets my vote.
[/b]

Marty Holah also scored a try (check if you dont believe me - Chiefs Match Report) but he doesnt get nominated only for that. His general play was superb and was a thorn in the Lions outfit making crucial turnovers.

Johnny Leo'o also had a good game but in this case, Holah had a far more effect on the opposition.

Okey dokey.

I dont thnk Rico Gear will get in the All Blacks this year. He has been starved of possession a bit but dropping the ball on the tryline wouldnt have helped much. I think Doug Howlett might get in though with Gear getting in the Junior All Blacks. If he plays well between now and the World Cup though he may get in the squad.

Intersting point ther allyoop, for mine though although Dougie had one blinder... he's only had one.
Think Henry and Co will still be looking towards Gear, next couple of weeks will tell though.
Wiht the Crusaders getting the big boys back things could change for Gear.

Yeah. See what happens. Now that Joes back he might not get picked as often tho cz Joe is a right side wing and Rudi Wulf is playing quite consistently. Rudi Wulf is quite a consistent tackler from what ive seen.

I know im jst saying for a game or two they might try and Wulf and Rokocoko combo.

I highly doubt that though.. Howlett is starting to show some good form.. So that'll see him keep his spot.

Rokocoko is Rokocoko, so he'll be keeping his spot on the left too :p

Wulf is a good tackler, and he finishes well, but I don't think he has the spark that Rokocoko and Howlett have.

Well maybe against a bad team since the blues are playing quite well and can afford to. They probly wont jst an idea,

Week 8 Lineup:

The week that saw the rested All Blacks return to action with their different teams. Some fired and some mis-fired while others were told to play club-rugby.

1. Clarke Dermody (HIGHLANDERS) - stood up to the tough Bulls pack.
2. Corey Flynn (CRUSADERS) - good robust game.
3. John Afoa (BLUES)
4. Chris Jack (CRUSADERS) - Welcome Back.
5. Greg Rawlinson (BLUES)
6. Troy Flavell (BLUES) - Thorne must be ******** his pants.
7. Daniel Braid (BLUES) - McCaw was also excellent but Braid just edges him out this week.
8. Mose Tuiali'i (CRUSADERS) - WTF has this guy got to do to catch Henry's attention?
9. Jimmy Cowan (HIGHLANDERS) - Southland hard c**t.
10. Dan Carter (CRUSADERS) - Enough said.
11. Scott Hamilton (CRUSADERS) - pretty unlucky to be competiting against Rokocoko & Sivivatu.
12. Aaron Mauger (CRUSADERS) - Welcome Back.
13. Isaia Toeava (BLUES) - The ABs new strike power.
14. Doug Howlett (BLUES) - Just edges out Rico Gear for his brilliant defense and counter-attacks.
15. Leon McDonald (CRUSADERS) - Welcome Back.

No Hurricanes or Chiefs impressed me this round. The Canes vaunted loose trio were a huge disappointment.

Latest posts