Leicester sum up England of old.

Reiser99

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
So watching Leicester, especially over the last few seasons, do they epitomise England before Eddie Jones.

They are generally a good side, but very inconsistent over a match, which is how I felt about England. The main part of that is that they are too reliant on set plays and patterns, which become very predictable.
I just feel they are stuck in the past, over reliant on pre-planned plays and their forwards, and seem to have no alternative when things go wrong.

Just curious how others see it.

No.

Tigers problem IMO is that we have moved to far away from what we built the team around.

actually in a way we are similar to Lancaster England ATM, we are trying to hard to be something we are not ATM, Eddie has come into England and said we are England we have a good pack and strong defence lets use that to the max and build on that. (which is something tigers need to do ATM).

Last edited:
I'm just saying we need our defence and pack to get a hold of things first then focus on the fancy prance stuff.

I'm just saying we need our defence and pack to get a hold of things first then focus on the fancy prance stuff.

Yes - and with the possible exception of a big, hard-carrying 8 to get across the gain line, I'd say they have one of the best packs in the AP. They just need to use it more effectively.

I get the impression that they're feeling under pressure to play a wider, more expansive game from the get go, when actually they might be better battering teams for 60 minutes and then opening it up.

According to BT Mauger has requested/demanded a lighter more free flowing pack/back 5 than a traditional Leicester one, so that they can get involved out wide on attack more.

According to BT Mauger has requested/demanded a lighter more free flowing pack/back 5 than a traditional Leicester one, so that they can get involved out wide on attack more.

Odd considering the locks and back row players they have ...

McCaffrey's fairly lightweight for an 8 and O'Connor and Evans are fairly average-size for openside, but all the locks and blindsides are pretty much at the bigger/bulkier end of the spectrum.

Odd considering the locks and back row players they have ...

McCaffrey's fairly lightweight for an 8 and O'Connor and Evans are fairly average-size for openside, but all the locks and blindsides are pretty much at the bigger/bulkier end of the spectrum.

Slater's pretty light weight for a lock and Williams who's a big 6 didn't start last week. Maybe that's why (unless he had a knock that I'm unaware of).

He hasn't McCaffrey was a Cockerill signing, Mike Williams is certainly not small or light and O'Connor is prob the same size of Salvi.

I guess we let Crane, Fonua and Pearce go although that was to free up cap to try and bring in an 8 (which is being worked on).

- - - Updated - - -

Slater's pretty light weight for a lock and Williams who's a big 6 didn't start last week. Maybe that's why (unless he had a knock that I'm unaware of).

Williams was out all preseason Wasps was his first game fit hence bench and now starting.

Is it a bad thing to try the different game plan. If you have a skilled mobile pack it's worth while playing that game.

The only problem is would that work in the Premiership and can you find forwards who have those skills.

Most falcon fans are beginning to think the same about Dean and his team (John Wells etc).

I think most are giving him this season and if we don't see improvements they'll be calling for him to go.

Latest posts