• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Licence Announcement - 04/08/11 - EXCLUSIVE Screenshot

Can we PLEASE delete useless posts like this?Or can we please ban him?
So what u are saying is that if I feel ripped off by a game that was built up to be amazing and it was 08 in HD and i feel ****** off about waiting 4 years for another 08 I should be banned???? How is this a useless post when it is clearly valid u stupid thick

So what u are saying is that if I feel ripped off by a game that was built up to be amazing and it was 08 in HD and i feel ****** off about waiting 4 years for another 08 I should be banned???? How is this a useless post when it is clearly valid u stupid thick

Are you going to spell properly or are you like 5 years old?

Ok then explain why your post should be considered a valid and contructive post? It's simply not. It's not another 08, myslef and countless others have tried to explain this, but if people like you cba to listen, fair enough, don;t buy the bloody game! No need to keep going on about how you don't like the game.

No, you are an immature child and should be banned.

Ok then explain why your post should be considered a valid and contructive post? It's simply not. It's not another 08, myslef and countless others have tried to explain this, but if people like you cba to listen, fair enough, don;t buy the bloody game! No need to keep going on about how you don't like the game.
An opinion of how bad a game is is valid, considering the majority of the people on the forum are complaining about it. I don't think you and 2 other people count as a 'countless number of people'. Did you lose count after 2??????

No, you are an immature child and should be banned.
I'M pretty sure an immature child who has a Passion for rugby (oh yeh I don't curse which is a lot better than what other kids my age would do) is much better than a man going through a mid life crisis knowing he never did anything with their life so they sit at thief computer screen talking about games. Your a role model

Last edited by a moderator:
An opinion of how bad a game is is valid, considering the majority of the people on the forum are complaining about it. I don't think you and 2 other people count as a 'countless number of people'. Did you lose count after 2??????

I'M pretty sure an immature child who has a Passion for rugby (oh yeh I don't curse which is a lot better than what other kids my age would do) is much better than a man going through a mid life crisis knowing he never did anything with their life so they sit at thief computer screen talking about games. Your a role model

Jesus christ, it's a phrase, there's plenty of people saying that it is not exactly the same as 08, plenty more than 2 or 3 of us. Granted, it has it's similarities, because it was based on the same engine, but with a lot of the tweaks and suggestions we asked for. For example, the rucks, they've improved by 100 times. I literally cannot go back to 06/08 because the old rucking system is so bad compared to the new one. A
And no it is not valid, as a valid post about your dislike on he game would contain contructive criticisims, simply saying it's a failure when you haven;t played the full game is completely unfounded and not contructive at all! Also you keep trying to de-rail threads with things like that, it's annoying.

Stop with the random mud-slinging? Half the things you say as insults barely make sense!

Jesus christ, it's a phrase, there's plenty of people saying that it is not exactly the same as 08, plenty more than 2 or 3 of us. Granted, it has it's similarities, because it was based on the same engine, but with a lot of the tweaks and suggestions we asked for. For example, the rucks, they've improved by 100 times. I literally cannot go back to 06/08 because the old rucking system is so bad compared to the new one. AAnd no it is not valid, as a valid post about your dislike on he game would contain contructive criticisims, simply saying it's a failure when you haven;t played the full game is completely unfounded and not contructive at all! Also you keep trying to de-rail threads with things like that, it's annoying.Stop with the random mud-slinging? Half the things you say as insults barely make sense!
I tried to insult u by saying only 3 people agree with u, u able to understand sarcasm????? Sorry that was a bad question, u never leave ur house so u wudnt know much about face to face interaction.

I tried to insult u by saying only 3 people agree with u, u able to understand sarcasm????? Sorry that was a bad question, u never leave ur house so u wudnt know much about face to face interaction.

Yes I understand sarcasm. Was more on about that kind of thing, stuff you were saying to the other guy, kovana. Find that last bit very ironic considering you're the one insulting people over the internet, hardly face to face? :lol: Come on man, constructive posts or they will get deleted and possibly lead to you getting banned.

good international licences, demo plays really well, as did rugby 08, think ill buy this game because i love the multiplayer, but it is a shame that the game does play so much like 08, i picked up the demo and was destroying the opposition right off the bat, i know its on easy so ill look fwd to a much tougher challenge when it arrives on the shelf. im also gona buy rc because of a new rugby gaming experiance and itm cup

Great post John101, although I should expect that from a fellow poster from Invercargill. :D Getting the thread back on track is a great approach. I'm in total agreement with what you've said too. It does play a lot like '08, but that's not entirely a bad thing either. I suppose in essence later Fifa games play a lot like earlier ones with some extra enhancements or changes.

Still, both games look like exciting times for anyone who's not played a new rugby games for a few years. :)

Calling for bans of people who express their opinion? Maybe before letting users sign up they need to answer yes to 'Will you say only nice things about the game?'. The TRF mods calling people a 5 year old is pathetic, more so than the comment that preceded it.

The rucks aren't 100 times better, there is simply an upper limit for button mashing, which is a good system, but its a bit better, not a lot better.

Anyways, the screens look good! Do they translate to in game experience? Probably not. Unless the cutscenes of the backs of heads was the exception in the demo, not the rule

Calling for bans of people who express their opinion? Maybe before letting users sign up they need to answer yes to 'Will you say only nice things about the game?'.

People can say what they like or dislike about Rugby World Cup, there have been hundreds if not thousands of posts that've been left as they are.

What we don't like is when people decide to insult other people for liking something they don't, or use swear words to make their point, or beginning debates on our moderation procedures (right now we don't have time for it). Posts featuring these things may be deleted. Negative views on either game where people don't just scream insults at it are most welcome. :)

I'm just trying to help by clearing that up, hope we can get along fine. :)

Calling for bans of people who express their opinion? Maybe before letting users sign up they need to answer yes to 'Will you say only nice things about the game?'. The TRF mods calling people a 5 year old is pathetic, more so than the comment that preceded it.

The rucks aren't 100 times better, there is simply an upper limit for button mashing, which is a good system, but its a bit better, not a lot better.

Anyways, the screens look good! Do they translate to in game experience? Probably not. Unless the cutscenes of the backs of heads was the exception in the demo, not the rule

Guessing you haven't seen many of Leinster+ posts? All he does is try to insult other members, and try to de-rail threads off topic with pointless off topic negative comments (in the context of the threads). Nothing wrong with being negative about the game, but the mods try to encourage contructive criticism over 'this game is ****' 'this game is a failure' 'hb should stop making games' in pretty much every thread about the game, especially when the same people repeat it over and over again. Gets a bit annoying, and brings down the standard of the gaming section down a notch.

Also I personally don't believe it's all button mashing (tried it, just gave away penalties more than winning the ball), reason I said it's 100 times better is the fact that it's a contest, rather than it being random. Not sure if there was anything good at all about the old rucking system, as phase by phase rugby was quite frankly impossible. Like I said tried playing 06 the other day, bloody frustrating!

Was disapointed with the cutscenes, just hoping that it's a demo thing did read somewhere that AJ said they have to post off their demos to MS and Sony a fair bit of time before they're released on the online markets. Could even mean that maybe the TRF guys played a later build than that of the demo? Would make sense considering Teh Mite said that the game he played felt a hell of a lot smoother in their playtest than in the demo. No way that we'd know for sure anyway.

Calling for bans of people who express their opinion? Maybe before letting users sign up they need to answer yes to 'Will you say only nice things about the game?'.

I don't think a few pictures is going to make up for how much of a failure this game is

We already know his opinion..

The statement above.., Thats not an opinion, its just plain insulting.... Its nauseating.

Yet, why post it in THIS thread? He already posted it in other threads.. Its pathetic.

Last edited:
The game isn't everyones cup of tea, but it is playable and an improvement, if only a small one in my eyes. I'm a little disappointed they haven't done more to the gameplay/engine, but i'm sure i'll get over it.

It's not the best game i've ever played by far, but it's not terrible either. To people who criticise the RWC11 and it having no other competitions to play, then have a look at another massive selling game, South Africa 2010 and tell me how many other licensed competitions you have in that. Clue is in the ***le.

It is simple. If you don't like the game, don't buy it. And you can't blame HB for the price tag either, as i'm certain it's the game stores who will buy the game at purchase stock price, and then sell it on at £40+ retail price in their shop.

The arguments coming out against this game are pathetic.

And as for people banging on about Rugby Challenge.. well, lets see.. no demo, just a gameplay trailer, no release date, but it does have great looking screenshots and a host of licensing and other amazing stuff not seen in a rugby game before.

This kind of reminds me of the new release of CoD vs battlefield debate. Both games are great, but theres always plenty of fanboys who haven't played both games to actually warrant a comment.

And why do people keep putting this **** on every thread about any subject, and taking the whole thread off-topic?

On-topic, i'll say the Canada and Argentina licences are very important. It'd be nice if they could have the entire game licensed. If i recall, look at the original trailer, and notice Romania vs Scotland i think it was. They are licensed as well, the kit is almost identical. Teams like Georgia, Tonga etc have very plain kits, so generic red shirt/white shorts will look fine.

Fiji looked similar too, all they have is the tribal markings on the shirt trims. I think Russia and Japan will be fine as well, as they are both CCC, and it seems CCC kits are licensed so far or the generic kits have a resemblance.

The new Argy kit is very similar to 1996's. I made it for R08 if i recall.

The game isn't everyones cup of tea, but it is playable and an improvement, if only a small one in my eyes. I'm a little disappointed they haven't done more to the gameplay/engine, but i'm sure i'll get over it.

It's not the best game i've ever played by far, but it's not terrible either. To people who criticise the RWC11 and it having no other competitions to play, then have a look at another massive selling game, South Africa 2010 and tell me how many other licensed competitions you have in that. Clue is in the ***le.

It is simple. If you don't like the game, don't buy it. And you can't blame HB for the price tag either, as i'm certain it's the game stores who will buy the game at purchase stock price, and then sell it on at £40+ retail price in their shop.

The arguments coming out against this game are pathetic.

And as for people banging on about Rugby Challenge.. well, lets see.. no demo, just a gameplay trailer, no release date, but it does have great looking screenshots and a host of licensing and other amazing stuff not seen in a rugby game before.

This kind of reminds me of the new release of CoD vs battlefield debate. Both games are great, but theres always plenty of fanboys who haven't played both games to actually warrant a comment.

And why do people keep putting this **** on every thread about any subject, and taking the whole thread off-topic?

On-topic, i'll say the Canada and Argentina licences are very important. It'd be nice if they could have the entire game licensed. If i recall, look at the original trailer, and notice Romania vs Scotland i think it was. They are licensed as well, the kit is almost identical. Teams like Georgia, Tonga etc have very plain kits, so generic red shirt/white shorts will look fine.

Fiji looked similar too, all they have is the tribal markings on the shirt trims. I think Russia and Japan will be fine as well, as they are both CCC, and it seems CCC kits are licensed so far or the generic kits have a resemblance.

The new Argy kit is very similar to 1996's. I made it for R08 if i recall.

Yeah I do feel some people are being a little harsh. This isn't being proclaimed the ultimate rugby experience or a quantum leap forwards, none of that, it's just a very fun upgrade of Rugby '08, with some flaws knocked out, some not dealt with well enough and a World Cup license.

If Rugby Challenge does work out to be the better game I have to admit I'll be happy, because being better than Rugby World Cup 2011 would be awesome and I'll gladly have me some of that awesome. :)

How can you feel ripped off when you haven't bought it? The mind boggles.

Yeah I do feel some people are being a little harsh. This isn't being proclaimed the ultimate rugby experience or a quantum leap forwards, none of that, it's just a very fun upgrade of Rugby '08, with some flaws knocked out, some not dealt with well enough and a World Cup license.

If Rugby Challenge does work out to be the better game I have to admit I'll be happy, because being better than Rugby World Cup 2011 would be awesome and I'll gladly have me some of that awesome. :)

Quantum leap eh? Oh Iversen, you should know better than to use terms like that when I'm around.

Please. Please. PLEASE say you're going to put the new England tops in the game, because the 2007 kit isn't this years and isn't actually that nice.

Latest posts