• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life after Eddie …

Can't see tigers letting him go and really don't think he's ready. He's not shone in the premiership until he's had some consistency but that leaves another 2 years at tigers really.
I agree that he's not ready, but my main worry is that I remember him as England's captain and always thought that the backs had no chance of getting the ball until he'd finished with it.

I agree that he's not ready, but my main worry is that I remember him as England's captain and always thought that the backs had no chance of getting the ball until he'd finished with it.
He seems to have learned his lesson as a coach

ROG showing interest for the job on an Irish podcast there.

Sure let him make his mistakes in the Emgland set up and come back polished and ready for success like the 2015 boys.

Really want him at Leinster though.

Bro joint gig
Leinster backs coach
England head coach

Bring England and Dublin together via ******* with Munster

England coach --> Coaching in Ireland seems to be the natural progression these days, so the Irish should be happy to see him join England as he's one step closer to moving home

After reflecting on it some more, I would go as far as to say Eddie is killing my enjoyment of watching England play.

If someone like me with a lifelong devotion to the sport feels that way, casual fans must be completely uninterested.

Eddie needs to go. He did some good things along the way, but has completely tarnished all of that since 2019.

Can 'life after Eddie' start tomorrow please?

After reflecting on it some more, I would go as far as to say Eddie is killing my enjoyment of watching England play.

If someone like me with a lifelong devotion to the sport feels that way, casual fans must be completely uninterested.

Eddie needs to go. He did some good things along the way, but has completely tarnished all of that since 2019.

I relate. I'm here if you want to talk bro.

Stephen Jones in today's Sunday Times:

"As we read today, incidentally, there is also powerful and rather disturbing evidence that at least some of his England squad thoroughly dislike the whole experience under him".

I haven't seen anything along those lines yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Stephen Jones in today's Sunday Times:

"As we read today, incidentally, there is also powerful and rather disturbing evidence that at least some of his England squad thoroughly dislike the whole experience under him".

I haven't seen anything along those lines yet, but I wouldn't be surprised.
I'll try find the link there's stories coming out now about sleep deprivation and all sorts...ie making players make decisions when absolutely shattered etc...sounds horrific..and I'm not sure I totally believe it...surely not

Seeing rumours he will be sacked tomorrow.

My only worry with that is what it might mean in terms of an immediate successor. Can we get someone we want now or are we stuck with someone like Cockerill in charge until after the RWC?

I'd be amazed if he sacked...purely due to the cost ...

He needs to be told sod this miraculous new style of rugby. Just get back for basics, pick the form players...a nice mix of brutal physicality and creative ability...score tries.

I agree that and your club being in financial ruin doesn't make it easy.

Seeing rumours he will be sacked tomorrow.

My only worry with that is what it might mean in terms of an immediate successor. Can we get someone we want now or are we stuck with someone like Cockerill in charge until after the RWC?
Rumours, I highly doubt he will be sacked unless there was some particular performance clause everyone kept quiet about that he had now failed at, which I also highly doubt.

Nope unfortunately I think we are stuck with him until the world cup.

The big thing is England are losing the support of the fans. Years of turgid rugby and now losing with more turgid rugby, barely firing a shot. They have been booed off the pitch twice now and I don't that will change in the 6n. England just look like they can't be bothered now and fans are turning on then. It's going to be hard for them to win when their own home support is against them. It happened to the French and they just kept getting worse until someone recognised the situation and was prepared to take the action necessary.

Last edited:
I'll try find the link there's stories coming out now about sleep deprivation and all sorts...ie making players make decisions when absolutely shattered etc...sounds horrific..and I'm not sure I totally believe it...surely not
Seems similar to 2018, when he thrashed them in training, over-trained them the day before matches etc, in order to make them play, and make decisions whilst shattered.
So pretty believable - depending on the extent.

Rumours, I highly doubt he will be sacked unless there was some particular performance clause everyone kept quiet about that he had now failed at, which I also highly doubt.
Performance wise, we're <50% win ratio for 2 years on the trot (uniquely for England since 1984/5*); but that'd be a pretty weird clause to have in there.

Options available right now:
Richard Cockerill
Wayne Smith
Michael Cheika (?)
Warren Gatland

I've become #EddieOut over this AI window, but I do agree with a lot of what squidge said in that vidoe on the NZ match, and I do see enough in there to justify keeping him on. Even more so if what @Geordiefalcon says is true, and planned, and approved by RFU (and passed an ethics committee).
I'm also getting flashbacks to the Autumn of 2006 - though in reality that was way, WAY worse.

* Robinson managed 50% & 27% consecutively (bookended with a huge 53%); Johnson managed 50% & 45%.

Last edited:
I've now accepted the fact you're getting Robertson. Even the RFU aren't complete bellends like the WRU to ignore a coach of his calibre. We should've moved for him over a year ago.

I read the sages at WOL have touted Borthwick. Pretty underwhelming options in general really.

If Eddie lost the locker room he has to go. An embarrassment in france would be more costly than buying Eddie out.

Tigers are talking to other coaches but I suspect all the teams with the coaches shortlisted are
Leon Mcdonald touted as someone tigers are in talks with in TRP

Joe Simpson on the latest Off Load pod slams the way Eddie has treated people with some horrific stories.

Latest posts