• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League 2010 fixtures released

M

munross

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Current Celtic League champions Munster start the defence of their ***le with a trip to Scotland to face Glasgow Warriors at Firhill Arena in September, in next season's programme announced on Tuesday.

European champions Leinster also start their campaign on the road with a visit to Llanelli to face the Scarlets.

The Welsh, Irish and Scottish tournament starts the first weekend in September and runs through to May 2010.

With the introduction next season of play-offs to decide the champions, semi finals are scheduled for the weekend of 14 May with the season concluding in the first ever League final the weekend of 28 May.

Official fixtures season 2009/10

Round 1- September 4
Cardiff Blues v Edinburgh, City Stadium
Connacht v Ospreys, Sportsground
Glasgow Warriors v Munster ,Firhill Arena
Newport Gwent Dragons v Ulster, Rodney Parade
Scarlets v Leinster Parc y Scarlets

Round 2 - September 11
Edinburgh v Connacht Murrayfield
Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, Firhill Arena
Leinster v Newport Gwent Dragons, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Cardiff Blues, TBC
Ospreys v Ulster, Liberty Stadium

Round 3 - September 18
Connacht v Cardiff Blues, Sportsground
Newport Gwent Dragons v Glasgow, Warriors Rodney Parade
Ospreys v Leinster, Liberty Stadium
Scarlets v Munster, Parc y Scarlets
Ulster v Edinburgh, Ravenhill

Round 4 - September 25
Cardiff Blues v Scarlets, City Stadium
Connacht v Ulster, Sportsground
Edinburgh v Leinster, Murrayfield
Munster v Newport Gwent Dragons, TBC
Glasgow Warriors v Ospreys ,Firhill Arena

Round 5 - October 2
Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors, City Stadium
Leinster v Munster, Royal Dublin Society
Newport Gwent Dragons v Connacht, Rodney Parade
Ospreys v Edinburgh ,Liberty Stadium
Ulster v Scarlets ,Ravenhill

Round 6 - October 23
Cardiff Blues v Ospreys City, Stadium
Edinburgh v Munster, Murrayfield
Glasgow Warriors v Connacht, Firhill Arena
Scarlets v Newport Gwent Dragons, Parc y Scarlets
Ulster v Leinste,r Ravenhill

Round 7 - October 30
Connacht v Scarlets, Sportsground
Edinburgh v Newport Gwent Dragons, Murrayfield
Leinster v Cardiff Blues, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Ulster, TBC
Ospreys v Glasgow Warriors, Liberty Stadium

Round 8 - December 4
Cardiff Blues v Connacht, City Stadium
Newport Gwent Dragons v Leinster, Rodney Parade
Ospreys v Munster, Liberty Stadium
Scarlets v Edinburgh, Parc y Scarlets
Ulster v Glasgow Warriors, Ravenhill

Round 9 - December 26
Cardiff Blues v Newport Gwent Dragons, City Stadium
Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh, Firhill Arena
Leinster v Ulster, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Connacht, TBC
Scarlets v Ospreys, Parc y Scarlets

Round 10 - Jan 1
Connacht v Leinster, Sportsground
Edinburgh v Glasgow Warriors, Murrayfield
Newport Gwent Dragons v Scarlets, Rodney Parade
Ospreys v Cardiff Blues, Liberty Stadium
Ulster v Munster, Ravenhill

Round 11 - January 8
Connacht v Newport Gwent Dragons, Sportsground
Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues, Murrayfield
Leinster v Glasgow Warriors, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Scarlets, TBC
Ulster v Ospreys, Ravenhill

Round 12 - February 19
Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues ,Firhill Arena
Leinster v Scarlets, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Edinburgh, TBC
Ospreys v Connacht, Liberty Stadium
Ulster v Newport, Gwent Dragons Ravenhill

Round 13 - March 5
Cardiff Blues v Leinster, City Stadium
Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, Sportsground
Edinburgh v Ospreys, Murrayfield
Newport Gwent Dragons v Munster, Rodney Parade
Scarlets v Ulster, Parc y Scarlets

Round 14 - March 26
Cardiff Blues v Ulster ,City Stadium
Edinburgh v Scarlets, Murrayfield
Leinster v Connacht, Royal Dublin Society
Munster v Glasgow Warriors, TBC
Newport Gwent Dragons v Ospreys, Rodney Parade

Round 15 - April 2
Connacht v Edinburgh, Sportsground
Glasgow Warriors v Newport Gwent Dragons, Firhill Arena
Munster v Leinster, TBC
Ospreys v Scarlets, Liberty Stadium
Ulster v Cardiff Blues, Ravenhill

Round 16 - April 16
Connacht v Munster,, Sportsground
Glasgow Warriors v Ulster, Firhill Arena
Leinster v Ospreys, Royal Dublin Society
Newport Gwent Dragons v Edinburgh, Rodney Parade
Scarlets v Cardiff Blues, Parc y Scarlets

Round 17 - April 23
Edinburgh v Ulster, Murrayfield
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster, Firhill Arena
Munster v Ospreys, TBC
Newport Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues, Rodney Parade
Scarlets v Connacht, Parc y Scarlets

Round 18 - May 7
Cardiff Blues v Munster, City Stadium
Leinster v Edinburgh, Royal Dublin Society
Ospreys v Newport Gwent Dragons, Liberty Stadium
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, Parc y Scarlets
Ulster v Connacht, Ravenhill

Magners League Semi-Finals dates: Friday, May 14

Magners League Final: Friday, May 28[/b]
http://www.rugbyweek.co.za/news/article.asp?id=21218

I want to see Munster lose something again. Can someone else win it next season? Please?

Prefrably the Ospreys, as I don't think it should all be too difficult for them, although the Blues are more likely to contue their winning end-of-season form.

Setanta....oh wait.

S4C have a deal for some of the Welsh teams' games and Setanta Ireland have been ringfenced and kept safe during the Setanta crash so they'll have the broadcast rights in Ireland. Dunno what the haps is gonna be for broadcasting to Scotland/England though.

BBC Wales and S4C have it in Wales, usually for the home games and some of the away one's too.
Am hoping the Blues can step up to the makr and win the League this season. I have a horrible feeling they're gonna start terribly though because they have had a fair few injuries from the end of last season, the lions and wales tours and they're losing Nicky Robinson, who's class form was one of the main reasons we did so well last season.
I think Tom Shanklin, Tom James and Gethin Jenkins are all def missing the start of the season. It's a pity about Stcherbina too, we'd have had him back from his loan to the Dragons if it wasn't for his career ending neck injury :( Always rated him very highly.

Does anybody know if Norton-Knight is actually any good at fly-half? Everything I've heard about him so far has been bad...
Am hoping Laulala is signed, badly need a decent centre to fill in for the injured Shanklin now that Jamie Robinson is earning mega-euros in the south of France.

S4C, Seenta Ireland and BBC Wales own the license.

I'm unlikely to want to watch any games without welsh teams, so it's just as well. *Phew*

Oh, as for the Blues, I personally still think Ceri Sweeny and Nicky Robinson don't have too much between them, even if Robinson marginly pips him.

Cardiff left the Arms Park? Anyway, can't wait, I imagine the Musgrave Park games will just be Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dragons and maybe the Scarlets, everything else in Thomond.

In the examiner today they were saying Cork will only be hosting 2 or 3 max, Here.

Was resigned to this, still a bit disgruntled.

Wait for Round 5 boys, you'll be up against the Kings of Europe in their own patch - expect no mercy. ^_^

Annnyways 3 Welsh teams in the first 3 rounds. We'd do well to get two wins and a bonus point from the O's. I'm hoping we make a serious go at the ML this year, we have the quality to win. I reckon it'll be Munster Leinster Ospreys and Edinburgh in the playoffs.

Wait, thats the top 4 from last year. Ah well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jul 15 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cardiff left the Arms Park? Anyway, can't wait, I imagine the Musgrave Park games will just be Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dragons and maybe the Scarlets, everything else in Thomond.[/b]

Yeah, they're now tenants of Cardiff City FC in the 'City Stadium' in Leckwith. Am gonna have to catch 2 trains to get there now <_< Not a good idea moving out of the city centre imo.
And not sure about Sweeney, he's played a lot better than I thought he would, but he can't really control a game like Robinson could. Just hoping Norton-Knight can.
Am looking forward to them playing Leinster, the 6 games over the last 3 seasons have all been class!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jul 15 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wait for Round 5 boys, you'll be up against the Kings of Europe in their own patch - expect no mercy. ^_^[/b]

Like last year?

impres10.jpg

(http://www.munsterrugby.ie/8514.php)

:p

Well, I'm up in Edinburgh for the next 4 years so I'm planning on being interested in the Magner's League. Anyone know about what ticketing's like at Murrayfield?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Jul 16 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I'm up in Edinburgh for the next 4 years so I'm planning on being interested in the Magner's League. Anyone know about what ticketing's like at Murrayfield?[/b]

Should be cheap as chips seeing as they have one of the lowest turnouts. Last year they were third lowest after Glasgow and Connacht....expect a ghost town atmosphere!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Jul 16 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Jul 16 2009, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like last year?[/b]

Meh your only as good as your last game I say.

>>>> Insert image of Croke Park scoreboard here please <<<<
[/b][/quote]

In which case, the Ospreys only saving grace is going to be James Hook. Oh boy.

So Wales have 2 channels broadcasting it and Ireland have one...no wonder nobody gives a f*** about rugby in Scotland.

I hope that Setanta will pick up the BBC and S4C matches, if not I'll have to seriously consider switching from UPC to Sky.

Latest posts