TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians

quates_falcs.jpg

MARK CUETO has been cited for making contact with the eye or eye area of Northampton Saints' Christian Day during the Aviva Premiership match at Franklin's Gardens on April 2, 2011.

http://www.salesharks.com/news/mark-cueto-cited-by-rfu

Whats with people and eyes and Northampton?

Well id say its more that they have WUM's on their side :lol:

Not still bitter about the group stage, eh? :p

TBF I dunno what happened in this one, seen this pic:

scaled.php

Make of that what you will.

Expected it, tbh
Was a stupid thing to do - while I very much doubt there was intent he shouldn't have put his hands anywhere near Days face in the first place (think he was trying to grab his scrumcap, but that picture looks very bad....)

That's Sale left with a grand total of....one winger until the end of the season (well and an Academy guy who's just been promoted up the other week)

Nah. He's an England starter so it'll be a slap on the wrist and this weekend off if he's unlucky.

Ah lovely little Cueto rage there :lol:

And yes Bullitt and im still disappointed by the Blues poor performance, as I have been all season.

Yeah silly thing to do I agree. Does look worse than it was and is certainly not as bad as Schalk Burger's mauling of Luke Fitzgerald's face or other similar, intentional, acts. Needs to be a strict liability on the eye are though so definitely agree that he should be banned.

Apparently Cueto and Day are good friends from when Day was at Sale, wouldn't be surprised to see Day tell them to drop it (he didn't even acknowledge on the pitch that his eyes were readjusted by Cueto, normally players mention it to the ref or touchjudge or whoever)

When Duncan Bell did pretty much the same thing to Chris Jones, Chris Jones wrote a letter to the citing comission saying that it was clearly an accident blah blah and they dropped it

I think the citing commisionners need to go back to the way of the medievil times. When an archer was captured in battle they had their 2 shooting fingers chopped off to stop them from ever fighting again. Same principal here.

No defending that whatsoever.
Didn't see it in the game, but that is disgusting.
That wasn't missing the headguard or whatever, was definitely intent there.
Cueto's probably my favourite player around, but what a f*ckwad.
Really disappointing to see.

James Simpson-Daniel for the England 11 shirt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the fascination of gobshites to go for an eye gouge ...its cowardly , weak , horribly dangerous and you will be cited for a lot longer than if you throw a punch ...Idiot

I hadn't seen that up until now. Looks bad for him now.

I'd call that a blot in his copy book if owt else.

Interesting, I think he went for the eye and then realised he should not have done and moved the hand. Hard call but expect a ban just along the same lines as Richie Rees.

Just got word that Cueto's been given a 6 week holiday.

Hehehe beat you to it my a matter of seconds :lol:

Looks like Sale issued the ban to save his WC place.

Pretty much, but cant the RFU still ban him longer if they feel the need to?

Yup, this'll be a ploy to try and reduce his RFU ban
It'll be at least a week shorter as it is, because he missed last nights game

Still think he'll miss the WC (think the Argentina match is 18 weeks? He'll cop at least 16weeks imo) - Will definitely miss the warmups (though Johnson hopefully would've tried someone new during those, though that'd just be Strettle or Bananahan, unfortunately)

Latest posts