• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Martin Roberts could have died

Just out of curiousity, was it just New Zealand TV, or did everyone else get a replay of that tackle when Carter was named MOTM?

I was totally with the crowd, booing him. he should have been binned. Lucky Scots, French and English- A suspension beckons!

It wasn't that bad, a penalty, maybe a sin-binning. It was the usual crap of the tv showing it in super slow motion. It happened in a split second. And he hit him high. There's been far worse high tackles than that.

Any tackle on a scrum half can never be high because they're too small. Please Wales, don't make this the incident that 'changed the game'.

That wasn't the only piece of foul play by the All Blacks that went unpunished. What about Brendon Leonard's reckless assault on Stephens Jones' foot with his head? I see Leonard injured himself in the process and had to leave the field. Good riddance I say!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guardian_of_the_stone_age @ Nov 7 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That wasn't the only piece of foul play by the All Blacks that went unpunished.[/b]
Where you watching the same game as me? Go through it and keep an eye on McCaw, and one of the wingers. (And other players had a go on occasions) Sealing off, in at the side, off their feet... The lsit goes on. It may just be the difrent interpratation of the breakdown in the two hemespheres, the words in the rule book are the same, no matter what country you're in.

EDIT: D'oh! Misread the post. I completely agree with you. Sorry 'bout that. Thought it says 'Was', not 'Wasn't'.

Yes, the Carter tackle was perhaps the single worst incident I have seen on a rugby field. The attempt Carter made on the life of the poor halfback was shocking. I am suggesting at minimal a prison sentence.

On a side note, I found this Irish video of the Umaga BOD incident was very funny, watch the over reaction. It did make me have a laugh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Nov 7 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guardian_of_the_stone_age @ Nov 7 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wasn't the only piece of foul play by the All Blacks that went unpunished.[/b]
Where you watching the same game as me? Go through it and keep an eye on McCaw, and one of the wingers. (And other players had a go on occasions) Sealing off, in at the side, off their feet... The lsit goes on. It may just be the difrent interpratation of the breakdown in the two hemespheres, the words in the rule book are the same, no matter what country you're in.

EDIT: D'oh! Misread the post. I completely agree with you. Sorry 'bout that. Thought it says 'Was', not 'Wasn't'.
[/b][/quote]

+1 on the ruck thing..I know what you mean bro...

Well Carter has now been cited for the tackle. Are you happy now Wales? We may not get to see the best number ten in the world carving up England <_< IMO he would not have been cited, if not for the endless replays of the tackle on the stadium big-screen.

well Masi got 3 weeks for nearly taking the head off Kearney in the 6 Nations so anything more than a week for Carter and this will be a **** take of monumental proportions, in fairness it's getting close for having even cited him in the first place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Nov 8 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Carter has now been cited for the tackle. Are you happy now Wales? We may not get to see the best number ten in the world carving up England <_< IMO he would not have been cited, if not for the endless replays of the tackle on the stadium big-screen.[/b]

What are you on about. Don't blaim an entire nation because the ref and touch judges didn't pick up on an obvious piece of foul play. The reason he's been cited, is because it went un=punished during the match. If a penalty, or yellow card was handed out, he wouldn't now be getting cited. I've seen tackles like that handed out yellows before, as he came in with a swinging arm. But I don't think it was delibriate, just a slightly miss-positioned last ditch tackle.

As I said in the Wales v NZ thread. I don't think it deserves a ban atall. Would be unfair on NZ and Carter.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 9 2009, 06:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Nov 8 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Carter has now been cited for the tackle. Are you happy now Wales? We may not get to see the best number ten in the world carving up England <_< IMO he would not have been cited, if not for the endless replays of the tackle on the stadium big-screen.[/b]

What are you on about. Don't blaim an entire nation because the ref and touch judges didn't pick up on an obvious piece of foul play. The reason he's been cited, is because it went un=punished during the match. If a penalty, or yellow card was handed out, he wouldn't now be getting cited. I've seen tackles like that handed out yellows before, as he came in with a swinging arm. But I don't think it was delibriate, just a slightly miss-positioned last ditch tackle.

As I said in the Wales v NZ thread. I don't think it deserves a ban atall. Would be unfair on NZ and Carter.
[/b][/quote]

Well it was the guys in the stadium who decided to constantly it, and I am guessing they are Welsh, then the.... say 60,000 Welsh supports booing him for the rest of the match. Also I was pretty disgusted when the Welsh supported started to sing and jeer during the Haka - learn some respect, (this isn't centered around Wales, but the whole rugby world) take a leaf out of Munster's book. No cheering or anything during the Haka. You wouldn't jeer during a teams national anthem, so then why a rugby tradition going back decades?