• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Maybe Pt4

E

..::ERIC::..

How about a "sin bin". Use this for misbehaving members to sort out the **** on the forum. It is well agreed that the forum is on a downhill slope to shitsville so to sort it out why not give Yellow Cards (that act as like a 1 day / 24hr ban) when somebody continually breaks forum rules and then a red (week-long ban) for serious offences.

Thoughts?

Oh and to add, only admins should be able to dish these outs, mods should have to go through the admins if they think one is deserved.

I agree that we need a slightly harsher system. I'm afraid 10% warns don't really cut it imo.

The general moderating is great but... You guys do seem far too lenient.

I don't think I have ever had a warn, yet I continually go off topic in almost every thread I post in. For shame...For shame.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 08:07 AM
How about a "sin bin". Use this for misbehaving members to sort out the **** on the forum. It is well agreed that the forum is on a downhill slope to shitsville so to sort it out why not give Yellow Cards (that act as like a 1 day / 24hr ban) when somebody continually breaks forum rules and then a red (week-long ban) for serious offences.

Thoughts?
You've read my mind. This is a scheme I was going to propose today.

Mods can't really win, either labelled "Nazis" or soft.............I'd rather just get on with posting, and talking with "like minded" individuals.

..........at the end of the day the members are the ones that make up any forum, and in the end it is the members who ultimately have to take responsibility for their own posting, and the type of forum that results from those posts.

This starts from the senior members (not the most posts, the ones that have been on here longer - the ones that were here on the original 2 or so rugby forums), who sould be showing the way in terms of quality posting for newer members to follow........

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 19 2005, 09:11 AM
The general moderating is great but... You guys do seem far too lenient.
I think the moderation of the site is very lenient, but not everyone seems to think so.
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 08:18 AM
Mods can't really win, either labelled "Nazis" or soft.............I'd rather just get on with posting, and talking with "like minded" individuals.

..........at the end of the day the members are the ones that make up any forum, and in the end it is the members who ultimately have to take responsibility for their own posting, and the type of forum that results from those posts.
You're right NZL Fan, the best way is to just keep going on. People are going to moan, but that's life.

I nominate Eric for continually starting arguements with Chiro, then crying to the Mods whenever things get out of hand.

I nominate a new start, where it's like the old TRF, where there's banter, we're all friends and we all get along.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 08:18 PM
<

I just realised how frustrated you must have been at this topic.

Merely a couple of months ago you were the target of such nazism.

But seriously, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, but this place does seem very chilled out. Which is good, until idiots like me and Los Lover have banter etc. and.....God Damn it someone PLEASE just warn me!!

Wait. No, strike that....

[EDIT]^see? I must have ADHD or something.

How would people seriously feel about taking that litteraly? All posts deleted, all postcounts reset, everybody on level terms and respect earnt by quality of posts?

Senior members should be used as examples for the newer members to follow more.............

By senior I mean "respected" "long serving" "contributing" senior members...............

How would members feel if we scrapped the post count and Admin only awarded "***les" to those that fit the above requirements?? (ie. deserved them).

I still believe that increasing ones post count is a good chunk of the reason why post quality is down overall on this forum..........

edit: Sorry Eric you beat me to it........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 08:28 PM
Senior members should be used as examples for the newer members to follow more.............

By senior I mean "respected" "long serving" "contributing" senior members...............

How would members feel if we scrapped the post count and Admin only awarded "***les" to those that fit the above requirements?? (ie. deserved them).

I still believe that increasing ones post count is a good chunk of the reason why post quality is down overall on this forum..........
I like that idea. I honestly don't give a rats arse about how many posts me, or anyone else have/has.

It will also stop the "YAY i have 5000 posts!!" topics.

Well yes. It could be like the warn system couldn't it? Only the member and mods etc. can see it, not other members? Because no doubt there will be people who treasure their post count like a son.

Possibility?

I'll mention it to Umo - it's a good idea. You all might like to know by the way that we are currently holding TRF's very first staff meeting.

i agree with the asking the admins thing alot. that way we cant call you's nazis etc. because even they are talking to there elders.

imo it should be a pm warning, then a 12hr ban, then a 48hr ban with collective consent within the mod forum, then a week ban with the admins.

and yeah binning the post counter is a good idea. but i still like the idea about having the "colt", "international" "1st 15" sort of stuff... i dont know how the mechanics of the forum works, but it would be good to have a very broad label, such as a new ***le every 1000posts or something. or even being elected to have one by the mods.

what was i saying again? oh yeah, uuummm, man g, we need to sort these things out before cr2006 comes out, because thats our next enlargement, with a lesser one of rl2, and rugby2006 in another 6 months or so.

Yes but, a perfect upstanding citizen on the TRF community such as myself may have say, 1000 posts, and a trolling, spamming little **** such as you sambad may also have 1000 posts, and we are 'ranked' the same?

Personally, I don't really care much for the ranking system, though, and I could do without, or a whole new system altogther.