• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Metal Gear Solid - Your Favourite?

Which Metal Gear game is the best in the series?

• Metal Gear/Metal Gear 2 (MSX2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metal Gear Solid: Protable Ops (PSP)

• Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)

• Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

best_fullback

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bristol
Just been having a debate with my mate in my house about which Metal Gear Solid ***le we believe is the 'best' and have arrived at completely different conclusions.

Although we both clearly have a mutual love for the series I personally felt MGS 3: Snake Eater was my favourite. The Eva/Snake and Snake/Boss intertwined storylines along with the backdrop of Cold-war era Russia and a killer ending really made it stand out for me.

He opted to choose the PS1 original; MGS. The more he spoke about it the more I found myself wanting to change my mind and choose it too: The Hind D battle, The Sniper wolf battle, The Cyborg 'Deepthroat' Ninja fight, Liquid Snake who would never die, the original torture scene; truly a conspiracy and espionage packed thriller. I can remember vividly the first time seeing the Darpa Chief die and thinking "WTF is going on here!"

Clearly you can see there is no right and wrong answer but I was wondering; What is your favourite MGS game?

If you could; vote on the poll, and then post a reply of what you chose and why.

Thanks a lot guys!

Probably MGS1. Being at it's the only "next gen" version which wasn't just a glorified inactive DVD menu.

The first one for PS1, though the 2nd was class as well

The Tanker section was good (especially sneaking through the hold full of solders), but as soon as it moved to the rig it all got pretty crap & repetitive). And the cut scenes just went on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on...

4 for me. It brought tears to my eyes. No other game has done that. I saluted the screen.

Latest posts