• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mexican anti emo riots

You're right, Ricardo. She's like your every day indie-chick. But I've seen some girls that look like emo-girls, but seem pretty happy looking all slutty and no cuts at all. What are those called? :eek:
[/b]
I'd say that'd be Indie, very similar style but happy instead of sad....btw, my name is not actually Ricardo, only my South American alter ego. :p

Would Riley Mason be classified as Emo or Indie though? Indie has much the same style but they aren't as whingey as emos. I mean, it looks like she isn't even a 'cutter', that is the foundation emo girls are built on!
[/b]

She takes the money shot with a smile on her face (no whinging or sour expressions) so I guess you could say she's indie.

<div class='quotemain'>
Would Riley Mason be classified as Emo or Indie though? Indie has much the same style but they aren't as whingey as emos. I mean, it looks like she isn't even a 'cutter', that is the foundation emo girls are built on!
[/b]
She takes the money shot with a smile on her face (no whinging or sour expressions) so I guess you could say she's indie.
[/b][/quote]
That clinches it!

I think we should get back on topic now we have sorted that out.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

She takes the money shot with a smile on her face (no whinging or sour expressions) so I guess you could say she's indie. [/b][/quote]

Money shot? Is that where you throw money on someones face? :)

I'll ignore Darkmans last comment and speak about Emo's and Indie kids in Australia.

From what I have seen more Emo's are dying out, being replaced more by indie kids, who are just as annoying but unfortunately some of the younger kids still keep the trend alive and people who have no affiliation (but definetely not me) still listen to the music and keep the genre on the radio, plus the wussy indie is infiltrating more. I quite like indie music but it seems alot of bands have taken emo music and taken enough of the whinging out to make it popular amongst non emo females + non emo wusses. (Panic at the Disco is an example) After seeing an emo kid call the cops after getting in a bar fight (the guy open hand slapped the other bloke and that pretty much ended the fight) I deemed them to be nothing but a laughing stock but wussy indies worry me. They actually have a chance to become an long staying part of our society which I don't like coz I have met too many wussy indies who have been crazy arrogant plus thier music makes me die a little inside.

Anyway could some please explain what 'indie' is?
[/b]
It's a type of music originally, very wide spanning if used in its broadest form. That's why I classified 'wussy indie', which is like Panic at the Disco and the like. The style itself is very similar to emo, eg. tight black pants, shitty hair cuts, but they listen to less whingey music and instead of being down in the dumps all the time they actually have bucket loads of confidence. Some are alright, most are wankers.

no im afraid panic at the disco is emo. take a step back. it is. indy is the type of music, rock music, that isnt so much verse courus verse. and imo, its songs which dont really seem to go anywhere. its like, they play and it all moulds into everything with a basic structure. but i admit, i have a very untrained ear to indy music. but aparantly its big. aparantly.

rc - dont quote me. im unquoteable. thats how "precistanct" happens. you ****** kaftka.

If it's big, it technically can't really call itself indie anymore.

And if any Mexicans on here happened get bored of lynching Mexican Emo's and are ever in Wellington, they can clear out Manner's Mall while there at it, or at least around the BK and the Kebab Joint. Nothing worse than trying to get some food at 1am and have to walk over a pack of stoned 16 year olds in black.

[/b]
Well that's like saying once punk stops challenging the establishment (which non does) it is no longer punk....but it's still going to be classified as that because it has the same remote sound.....

Well, technically "indie" is not a genre. It comes from "independent", so there's indie rock, indie punk, indie salsa, indie jazz, etc. Bands like Interpol and The Killers started as successful independent bands and people thought that indie, instead of being the unsigned by a major label status, was a new genre. Nowadays calling The Killers indie is quite a contradiction, as they are signed by Interscope, one of the biggest record labels in the world.

Well, technically "indie" is not a genre. It comes from "independent", so there's indie rock, indie punk, indie salsa, indie jazz, etc. Bands like Interpol and The Killers started as successful independent bands and people thought that indie, instead of being the unsigned by a major label status, was a new genre. Nowadays calling The Killers indie is quite a contradiction, as they are signed by Interscope, one of the biggest record labels in the world.
[/b]

Spot on! Indie can be any type of music as long as it's not signed by a Major Record Company but by an Independent Record Label. so basically, if you're on MTV or the radio you're not indie...

Now about emo, the all dressed up / make up stuff cracks me up big time. Emo (read Emotional Hardcore) was a diversion of punk music, using more melodies but with that punk beats/music feel to it... we talk 10 years ago (look for early albums of The Get Up Kids, Thursday, Glassjaw for instance) Musically speaking it actually had a purpose and was usually quite smartly written.
and as it goes with EVERYTHING, it got mainstreamed, Panic at the f**king Disco and a sack of other gay bands rose up from nowhere and with this the make up, black dressing, shitty haircuts came along... this is called MARKETING and it f##king makes me throw up!

I don't pick only on emos, i pick on anyone f**king dressing up: metalheads, gangsta pimps, goths... all those groups pick on each other but in the end they're just the same... and they don't even see it...

Spot on! Indie can be any type of music as long as it's not signed by a Major Record Company but by an Independent Record Label. so basically, if you're on MTV or the radio you're not indie...[/b]

Well, it isn't thaaaat hard to be on MTV these days. Most of the bands in Matador Records have their videos played there all the time. Here in Mexico we have an Indie Record Label called Noiselab, who has very successful bands, and they are all on MTV. It has nothing to do with exposure, fame, or mainstream, it's more about how things are differently made on a Major and on Indies. That's about it. Oh, and I too hate dress-up posers. :)

And if any Mexicans on here happened get bored of lynching Mexican Emo's and are ever in Wellington, they can clear out Manner's Mall while there at it, or at least around the BK and the Kebab Joint. Nothing worse than trying to get some food at 1am and have to walk over a pack of stoned 16 year olds in black. [/b]

:lol: There is shitloads of the c**nts in Adelaide thankfully there isnt many out here.

Nothing wrong with being stoned however emo's are proof that hitler had the right idea but just was targeting the wrong people. :)

I'm all for being different and individual but these people do it by copying other people :blink:

Also, every aspect of being emo is rather annoying personally. The music is **** for one I mean I saw a Bullet For My Valentine video on MTV yesterday. The song was Hearts Burst Into Fire and the album was called Scream Aim Fire.... I mean come on.. Bursting into fire? Screaming? It's all about death and fire and pain. Also I think emo fashion looks ****... hair and drainpipes and black make up I don't see how anyone can think it looks good.

Anyway that blog is good :) did anyone look at the link to 'What is an emo?'

http://blog.wired.com/music/2007/10/video-what-is-a.html

Over to you Chester

I'm all for being different and individual but these people do it by copying other people :blink:

[/b]

It works on the same principal as all the kids who watch MTV and listen to s**ty pop music that they would profess to hate.You buy certain things and look a certain way to conform so you can belong. :)

People who have to show that they are different are probably not and are the same as they where when they listened to britney spears and watch MTV just a different label.

as the great eddie vedder said "if you hate something, dont you do it to?"

as the great eddie vedder said "if you hate something, dont you do it to?"
[/b]

No cause I'm not a pikey or emo. Eddie Vedder is obviously stupid.

Latest posts