• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mike Phillips on verge of Toulouse move

I would like to dissagree with aspect of your post but I dont want to be branded a troll three times this morning. In order to avoid this fate worse then death, i'll cheerily agree that the hairsprays are indeed awesome.

Nothing can stop them winning trophy after trophy after trophy, primarily because they are welsh (only positives things happenieng in Welsh rugby now), secondly because the loss of Mitchell, Henson, Byrne, Hook, Collins and whomever else can escape, can only be described as a positive development. Who needs seasoned performer and proven international talent when you can talk up the under-19 players that have yet to be capped.

Who'd bet agaisnt the Orpreys winning thew anglo-welsh cup next year? not me I say, no way.

I would like to dissagree with aspect of your post but I dont want to be branded a troll three times this morning. In order to avoid this fate worse then death, i'll cheerily agree that the hairsprays are indeed awesome.

Nothing can stop them winning trophy after trophy after trophy, primarily because they are welsh (only positives things happenieng in Welsh rugby now), secondly because the loss of Mitchell, Henson, Byrne, Hook, Collins and whomever else can escape, can only be described as a positive development. Who needs seasoned performer and proven international talent when you can talk up the under-19 players that have yet to be capped.

Who'd bet agaisnt the Orpreys winning thew anglo-welsh cup next year? not me I say, no way.

Ashley Beck - played 27 times
Ryan Bevington - 33 times
Gareth Owen - 50 timess
Tom Smith - 59 times
Kristian Phillips - 13 times
Justin Tupric - 25 times

These boys are the lads that are going to get game-time more regularly. Its quite funny when some of the Irish on here (not all btw) pipe up about how successful and how great they are. Don't think you have watched / read enough about the Ospreys to fully understand the situation. Obviously you are really trolling / WUMing gets a little boring after a while.

Do I sense a slight amount of sarcasm in that post?

Either way, people are going on about Leinster being unbeatable in Dublin in the HEC threads, yet I seem to recall this happening:
http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/5329.php

In the words of the great Terry Tibbs ... "Thank you good night. Much love."

Yep, we should adopt the Irish model of not developing any youth to take over and play the players we all know and love so dearly until they've ******* died of old age.

NB: Not really my views, but if you're going to be blinkered and inaccurate....

Maybe shipping out all these players will allow the O's to play as a team equal to the some of their parts for once.

Serious underachievers considering the teams they've had over the years

Agreed Cymro that Johnson has part in this but some players deserve blame too.
Also I think Log you do be watching too much cartoons. Just because you've international caps doesn't mean your a better player. And O's are developing nice talent that aren't in the limelight so can develop nicely and well if they can keep a core in the team then the situation isn't as bad as it seems

Agreed Cymro that Johnson has part in this but some players deserve blame too.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Phillips has a poor attitude as does the likes of Huw Bennett, Cai Griffiths, Lee Byrne etc and getting rid / changing things up will only benefit. Some of the players in the O's set up think they are superstars and I think money is a factor also. Soon as these players are brought back down to earth the better. The Ospreys will be better off without them come next season.

Maybe shipping out all these players will allow the O's to play as a team equal to the some of their parts for once.

Serious underachievers considering the teams they've had over the years

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Getting rid of a huge wage bill, whilst instilling an ethos that will get the players to play as a unit and a team - something that hasn't happened at all over the past 3 years.

Obviously you are really trolling / WUMing gets a little boring after a while.
I dont get you. Surely we are all on the same team here no? I thought that we are all in agreement that proven world class talent is no substitute for young unproven up-and-comers.

Can I ask who on tho Ospreys departure list (that they allowed go) is proven world class talent.
Let's remember Hook wanted to go

Urrr, Lee Byrne, Mike Phillips, Jerry Collins, Marty Holah...

Can I ask who on tho Ospreys departure list (that they allowed go) is proven world class talent.
Let's remember Hook wanted to go

Only Mike Phillips they have tried to shop.

Craig Mitchell
Lee Byrne
James Hook
Gavin Henson

Rumored On Their Way:

Jerry Collins
Marty Holah

Have all made the moves themselves by not renewing their contracts. Of course not all are World Class talent mind. Remember Hook went through the right channels to leave, he was honest and open with the Ospreys stating that he wanted to leave so that he can sample a different lifestyle with the family before coming back to the UK and put his children through the UK teaching system.

Yep, we should adopt the Irish model of not developing any youth to take over and play the players we all know and love so dearly until they've ******* died of old age.

NB: Not really my views, but if you're going to be blinkered and inaccurate....

4 Heineken cups over here babes :p

Yes but Byrnes contract was up next year and well with fact he injury prone, poor discipline and not player he was I'd say good move O's plus he'd be with Wales most of time.
Mitchell isn't worldclass.
Phillips isn't going to be a loss.
Henson wanted to leave not O's fault.
Holah and Collins ain't gone yet but they're pushing on and well it frees up 2 NWQ spots

Yes but Byrnes contract was up next year and well with fact he injury prone, poor discipline and not player he was I'd say good move O's plus he'd be with Wales most of time.
Mitchell isn't worldclass.
Phillips isn't going to be a loss.
Henson wanted to leave not O's fault.
Holah and Collins ain't gone yet but they're pushing on and well it frees up 2 NWQ spots

Did point out that all the players I mentioned may well not be world class.

Holah and Collins are as good as gone.

Yes I know that but my point is when you consider these guys and how they've played lately with the exception of Hook they are all replaceable.

Yes I know that but my point is when you consider these guys and how they've played lately with the exception of Hook they are all replaceable.

Oh yea for sure. I don't think Collins has been that great since the O's got him from Toulon.

Oh yea for sure. I don't think Collins has been that great since the O's got him from Toulon.

Contrarily, I think he's been superb - especially last season when he played more minutes than anyone ever in the history of rugby the end good night love you bye bye.

Latest posts