• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MMA/UFC thread

I'm not sure what they were expecting, tbh.
Honour over everything in their culture, Conor was talking mad **** about Khabib's family and his people - Khabib said time and time again that this was more than a fight and that it was personal and he would never forgive Conor for what he said.

The shite he was talking about the Chechnyans is what got his smacked by Zubair.

Chat **** get banged.
The only bad thing is this will overshadow how much Conor cheated during that fight - knee to a downed opponent, repeated cage grabs, repeated glove grabs and toes in the fence.

I'm not sure what they were expecting, tbh.
Honour over everything in their culture, Conor was talking mad **** about Khabib's family and his people - Khabib said time and time again that this was more than a fight and that it was personal and he would never forgive Conor for what he said.

The shite he was talking about the Chechnyans is what got his smacked by Zubair.

Chat **** get banged.
The only bad thing is this will overshadow how much Conor cheated during that fight - knee to a downed opponent, repeated cage grabs, repeated glove grabs and toes in the fence.

I know this was a bed Conor made long ago.

Like people forgot what Conor did to him with the bus.

Turns out Conor started the in cage brawl by sucker punching Khabibs cousin as he tried to climb over the cage, that's why Zubair and Islam went after Conor instead of joining the fray outside of the cage.
The UFC cameras didn't catch it cause they were focused on khabib but there's tons of clips of it on social media.

Turns out Conor started the in cage brawl by sucker punching Khabibs cousin as he tried to climb over the cage, that's why Zubair and Islam went after Conor instead of joining the fray outside of the cage.
The UFC cameras didn't catch it cause they were focused on khabib but there's tons of clips of it on social media.
Thats bull. If you watch close. As I have and many have said similar. Conor threw first punch after a fake punch was aimed at him. So he was right to fire in defence. As I'm sure any of us would be after a tough fight. That doesn't excuse the 1st fella going in or the other 2 to cowardly come in either.
On the Khabib jumping the cage. It was idiotic beyond belief. It's after given McGregor a lifeline to keep going, tarnished his victory massively and well could lead to other implications.

On comparing with New York. Yes McGregor incident was wrong but deal with it the right way win, rub it in celebrating with the ***le. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Yes there was **** talk mostly from Conor on religion and family but Khabib did it too. And again 2 wrongs don't make a right. And again while it isn't right they know what to ecpect when getring in to McGregor fights. Thats why the money generates.

On the fight Conor did cheat at times and in my eyes a rematch would be pointless as Khabib won it clear bit all that is overlooked due to Khabibs idiotic behaviour. Instead of being the winner and saying F U to McGregor and all that he stooped right down to his level and is now seen as tarnished as his opponent

Nope
39 seconds in he punches Abubakar as he tries to climb over the cage
https://streamable.com/k1420
Watch the full thing proper. The UFC lads even said 1st show was the feign punch to which McGregor throws. Again not defending him as it is expected off of him. Bit it's a pity as I said Khabib and his team stooped to same level. And using religion and acting like this was idiotic. It is things like this that feed the persona and after 27 fights unbeaten he ruins his reputation and financially hits his big payday. It was stupidity and for what. He gained absolutely nothing. And the clowns that jumped the cage cost themselves careers possibly

Nope
39 seconds in he punches Abubakar as he tries to climb over the cage
https://streamable.com/k1420
Also there is way better footage that show alot more from earlier in a different angle. This is awful footage. The lad in black was fella who caused it. Then fella in red was the biggest coward of it all. In a case of nobody being a winner

The footage you're talking about is after this, this literally shows the end of the fight and everything that came after.
You can track Abubakar across the cage and trying to climb over, you can track Conor from the floor to the top of the cage.
He threw the first punch.

He absolutely did get jumped after, and Zubair is (rightfully) getting cut from the ufc and the other guy (think it turned out not to be Islam makchaev) is being banned from cornering.
People are painting Conor to be a victim when he's as bad as the lot of them

The footage you're talking about is after this, this literally shows the end of the fight and everything that came after.
You can track Abubakar across the cage and trying to climb over, you can track Conor from the floor to the top of the cage.
He threw the first punch.

He absolutely did get jumped after, and Zubair is (rightfully) getting cut from the ufc and the other guy (think it turned out not to be Islam makchaev) is being banned from cornering.
People are painting Conor to be a victim when he's as bad as the lot of them
No before it so at end. See Khabib corner jumping at cage. It out of shot here before he ran over to cage etc.

But nobody is painting Conor as innocent. He divides Irish people, has links to underworld associates and deserved his whooping.
I think it's more we knew Conor was low before tonight but thought Khabib and his team were a class above but he stooped well below and his team. As I said they both now are tarnished and deservedly to as cowardly scum. The co-main event does so much to promote this division tonight and these 2 idiots destroyed it

Think Dana's got to take some blame re the hype created and using the bus attack for promo, he might have had all them police and security but he still didn't understand the gravitas of the situation he helped create to sell PPV's...

Is McGregor trying to stop another person from climbing the cage and attacking his corner bad? It's essentially self defence.

Saying that McGregor did the same thing in a previous fight to Aldo so he is really no better but in this case I think blame lands wholly on Khabib's party.

Thank you Kahbib, thank you. I am not sure he even lost the round where both stood up. 50/50 in my book. The biggest hit came from Khabib too.
And when Connon went down, good lord, Khabib trash talking him while beating the living bejesus out of him.... a thing of beauty.

And about the ending, well..... you probably can get away with trash talking a tough guy from Stockton California, but when you verbally humiliate a guy from Dagestan's family, call his a traitor and him a rat and a pussy, a guy who grew up fighting bears, things get real very, very fast. .
I thought Connor got jumped, but Oly's footage is crystal clear, he threw the first punch.
Bottom line is Khabib said he wanted to rearrange his face and he did while his was virtually spotless.

Last edited:
It's bad that he punched a guy who hasn't touched him and wasn't even looking at him.
Was he climbing the cage to fight outside? Maybe, no way of knowing because the security did their job and stopped them - which is what Conor should have left them to do.

Like I said, no one in this is innocent, I just think it's crazy how they're already spinning this as Conor the shrinking violet doing nothing wrong when technically he assaulted someone while on probation for assault.

Thank you Kahbib, thank you. I am not sure he even lost the round where both stood up. 50/50 in my book. The biggest hit came from Khabib too.
And when Connon went down, good lord, Khabib trash talking him while beating the living bejesus out of him.... a thing of beauty.

And about the ending, well..... you probably can get away with trash talking a tough guy from Stockton California, but when you verbally humiliate a guy from Dagestan's family, call his a traitor and him a rat and a pussy, a guy who grew up fighting bears, things get real very, very fast. .
And sadly Khabib destroyed all that by becoming 1 of the scumbags too

Great, dominant performance.

This entire thing is the UFC and Conor's fault - professional wrestling works, because they're acting.

I think some people just don't understand that you cannot just chat **** to some people - it's crossing a big line, the UFC needs to put their dog back on a lead.

It's bad that he punched a guy who hasn't touched him and wasn't even looking at him.
Was he climbing the cage to fight outside? Maybe, no way of knowing because the security did their job and stopped them - which is what Conor should have left them to do.

Like I said, no one in this is innocent, I just think it's crazy how they're already spinning this as Conor the shrinking violet doing nothing wrong when technically he assaulted someone while on probation for assault.
To be fair on the night itself. Conor is not innocent but Khabib is a hell of a lot more wrong. He won the fight but McGrefgor pulled him down to a very low level that has ruined his reputation. And for as good an MMA fighter as he is he has probably blessed his career to be remembered as that of a pantomine villain terrorist type attitude.

Great, dominant performance.

This entire thing is the UFC and Conor's fault - professional wrestling works, because they're acting.

I think some people just don't understand that you cannot just chat **** to some people - it's crossing a big line, the UFC needs to put their dog back on a lead.
Everyone was agreed on this but it went both ways.

Don't think what he did was scummy in the slightest - dumb, but not scummy - jumped at a professional fighter who was slinging insults at him.
Hit 3 innocent people en route. Sorry its scum. You can't say McGregor is scum and he's not after that. Both are classless and scum as well as pure idiotic. Only good thing is we got to see who clearly was better MMA fighter before they both went down to the gutters

Latest posts