• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Licence info released...

lineouts look more competitive! sometimes in R'08 the ball would go through one jumpers handsand somehow the other player would get it lol

Shots look great. Each set is raising the anticipation, and improving the doubts.

I don't know why anyone say these graphics aren't good enough, it's all about FUN gameplay. Visuals are very good, who cares if RC looks a tiny bit better really...

Last edited:
I don't really get why everyone is saying it's not close to rugby challenge, for one thing we haven't actually seen rugby challenge in the same light as WC, and when we have, i.e. up close to the players it looks pretty much the same........

awsome new screens IMO RWC 2011 looks better than RC well don HB really looking forward to the game, any of you guys noticed matfield actually has headgear in the game awsome!

the second new shot looks like a forward picking up at the ruck? ..better than the nine picking everytime five yards out :lol: (unless its mike phillips ;))

Shots are looking fantastic! We didn't hear a lot from HB for a while, but now they're spoiling us! Keep it up guys :D
Really getting sick of the RC fanboys though... all over Facebook and everything...

P.s. South Africa are beating New Zealand in the lineout shot!

i have heard that we will be able to edit players names and stats but will we be able to a) edit their faces and appearance? and b) edit kits such as new zealand's?

By the looks of it, it may be possible to edit players names which will great for any unlicenced (e.g. Lamo instead of Lomu, Zep instead of Pez etc in R'08) Would be very surprised if you can edit an existing players face though?? But to be honest even if you could, your more or less just creating a new player from scratch. Saying that I would have loved to have been able to edit things like Lee Byrne's black afro and players like Nathan Brew who is white on the game but actually black lol

Really hope player likeness' are there even if the names aren't

Last edited:
Just checked with the Distributor that i pre-ordered this game from, and they say as it stands RWC 2011 game will be released in SA on the 7th-8th of August!! Awesome; end of August is too long to wait. So happy bout this!!!! Now i just need to wait for RC guys to give a release date; hope it is also earlier than end of August.

Aye, I was saying that it was exclusive, something which wasn't known before :p

Loving the new screens, there's a new view of the lineout on their FB as well

Someone on FB was complaining about everyone chasing the ball, despite only 2 people actually moving towards the ball carrier in the screenshot....
Looking good though, and NZ look "All Black" enough to not notice they aren't licensed, imo

The bloke running from the other side of the ruck to chase the ball carrier is a bit of a worry.

Just checked with the Distributor that i pre-ordered this game from, and they say as it stands RWC 2011 game will be released in SA on the 7th-8th of August!! Awesome; end of August is too long to wait. So happy bout this!!!! Now i just need to wait for RC guys to give a release date; hope it is also earlier than end of August.

The release date is 26th August ...

The bloke running from the other side of the ruck to chase the ball carrier is a bit of a worry.
Agreed, but it could've been the FB following the ball, or the scrummy running to the ruck or something
Either way, that the other 28 players aren't after it is an improvement :p

The release date is 26th August ...
yes i know that, but release dates or ETA varies from region to region. The distributor ensures me that is when the game will release in SA. I hope they correct! :)

yes i know that, but release dates or ETA varies from region to region. The distributor ensures me that is when the game will release in SA. I hope they correct! :)

How can it differ when the release date is 26th August ...

its often the case that retailers dates are often quite off when the game is actually released

Expect more info on Licences to be released Next Week...

Latest posts