• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Licence info released...

Looks awesome. I was very sceptical on this game, but it looks great. That option to run (simple) moves on the fly was the thing i wanted in the most so that looks awesome. Will definitely be picking this up now.

can anyone explain to me what those things are on the side are on the 2nd screenshot and one has a x through it.

Graphics 4/10

Wow, the very definition of a troll. These graphics are current standards going around in sports games about a 7 minimum (if your in a bad mood). I'd personally say an 8.5. Given the budget Rugby games can draw in proportion to the budget of Fifa, then the graphics are a 9.5 with Rugby Challenge's early shots being a mere 0.2 higher.

Wow, the very definition of a troll. These graphics are current standards going around in sports games about a 7 minimum (if your in a bad mood). I'd personally say an 8.5. Given the budget Rugby games can draw in proportion to the budget of Fifa, then the graphics are a 9.5 with Rugby Challenge's early shots being a mere 0.2 higher.

Yeah, i'd tend to agree here... Although it's hard to judge just how good the graphics of these games are based on still images (not moving gameplay) i'd rat them both at about an 8 with something like NCAA 11/Fifa 11 getting a 9.5 :)

Are you joking? I stand by my comment, all the players stances are the same, don't look natural, and the likenesses look nothing like them

Are you joking? I stand by my comment, all the players stances are the same, don't look natural, and the likenesses look nothing like them

Y'know if you can have 2-3 people who've been on this site for more than a month agree with you then it'll lend some real validity to your argument. I've already had someone (who sometimes differs in opinion to me on other issues) more or less agree with me, within a few hours. Let's see what happens? :D

Also, you obviously strongly dislike what you have seen of this game, so much so that you aren't willing to accept it being worth a chance. Why waste your time posting over and over again about how much you don't like it? It's like people who hate a tv show, yet watch it so they can complain about it, yet there is something they like on another broadcast. It's quite bewildering and somewhat pathological. :lol:

I'd agree with Lewis1234 that most of the players are in the same stance, but I don't think we've seen enough to judge the player likenesses yet.

I'd agree with Lewis1234 that most of the players are in the same stance, but I don't think we've seen enough to judge the player likenesses yet.

Well I think a lot of people would agree that we've not seen enough to make a full opinion, the stances are similar in some screenshots for sure. Some validity there to a small degree.

Although, your not quite agreeing enough to say that the graphics are only 40% of where they should be. :D

Well I think a lot of people would agree that we've not seen enough to make a full opinion, the stances are similar in some screenshots for sure. Some validity there to a small degree.

Although, your not quite agreeing enough to say that the graphics are only 40% of where they should be. :D

I do think 4/10 for graphics is a tad harsh.

Quality. Once again, i know i'm clueless when it comes to knowing how good graphics should look and everything, but i'm just getting really excited for the concept of a rugby game to come out and this one looks great right now.

i also agree with lewis1234

That's very nice, you agree with him that the graphics are only 40% of what would should be achieved?

After you posted this spelling lesson a few pages back.

liking the grapics but i just wished both games wud at least like hav the liscences to all the teams but aniway the game is lookin gud:D

"What post? Where am I? Where are my false teeth?"

What are the padlocks on both sides of the screen about? Otherwise this looking pretty good, not sure if i'm going to get it over RC though.

What are the padlocks on both sides of the screen about? Otherwise this looking pretty good, not sure if i'm going to get it over RC though.

Was wondering that too - Possibly the ruck contention system? Or maybe set play choice?
Getofmeland said he'll explain it when he posts his thoughts on the game, so we should know soon :)

Ahhh, a sane question or perspective on things. Yeah, I'm keen to know what they are too. Looks like something we could maybe speculate or guess over until we get told in the review and see if someone's right?

It'd be a bit better than the endless "grapics r frm Rugby o8" debate that's achieving nothing right now.

Was wondering that too - Possibly the ruck contention system? Or maybe set play choice?
Getofmeland said he'll explain it when he posts his thoughts on the game, so we should know soon :)

That's my guess about it relating contending for the ruck win, I notice there's a green tick and a red cross. Is it that the opposition must guess what side of the ruck to build their meter on? It's weird in that pic, because the team with the green tick has the least power (or whatever) on the meter. Hmmm.

Latest posts