• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Players

James Simpson-Daniel is very underrated by the England set-up. It is shocking how he has not added to his 10 England Caps.

I thought Butch James was always a little underrated as a player. I remember watching that australian rugby show, Wrap From Downunder i think it was, and they were talking about potential World cup winners. Then they said each team that won each year had a phenominal fly-half (which is true....Stransky, Lynah, Larkham, Wilkinson) - When NZ won i was 1 so i dont know who theirs was (Fox i think). Then they said SA are not contenders because Butchie just is'nt a good enough player to do something like that for a team.

Well... :bleh!:

nonu is a very underrated player... if you watch him play he is actually very good. i'm surprised that he didnt make the AB's

Just to be totally random and different...

Chris Budgen, Bruce Reihana and Soane Tonga'Uiha, not that im biased towards Northampton Saints At all :D

For me a major one is Gordon D'arcy, furthermore his tackling is outstanding

Darcy is unreel but tackling hes only allright one year he had most missed tackles in the six nations

Denis Leamy

Goode - England should really cap this guy more - has been class for Tigers
The new Henson, but thats because his contribution these days is not the most obvious - being a defensive captain, obviously works only conceded 2 tries this 6Nations
[/b]
He hasn't been class for England..because he isn't international class.

Tait is underated, I think by 2011 many will see him as one of the best players in the world

However good Andy Goode is :bana: he's damn ugly I don't particularly want to watch him do anything.
[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to agree, but the poor Andy is a very top class player IMHO and someone often seems to forget him...

Plus, I would mention Simpson-Daniel and Casey Laulala, which has been absolutely great this year.

i agree with casey, he's been the stand out centre this year.
and Reuben Thorne, maybe not now but definitely a year or two back.

Not that anyone says hes bad but I hardly see people mention Rodney So'oialo as a great player and give him the credit he deserves. I think he has a phenomanal work rate that few people can touch. He does have a occasional bad game but he must be one of the most consistent players in The ABs. Hes gotta be one of the fastest fowards currently in the game too.

i agree with you darkmanx, some people really bag him, but when compared to the other no.8s, hes clearly the most consistant. sure he isnt as much as a ball runner as tuailili, williams or lauaki, his technique in tackling and work rate really stands out. and with the evls, its good to have someone as quick as he is.

I also agree. I think peoples perception of Rodney deterred somewhat after his "brain explosion" in the test match against SA in SA in 05, where he gave away a penalty for SA to win the game, the only blemish that year for the AB's otherwise they would have been unbeaten (lions, trinations and grandslam)

Henson got alot of hype (thanks British media!), I think there was a backlash that along with him getting injured frequently that made people wonder what he'd actually done. This year he's returned and shown how good he is, his record with Wales is awesome; played in three 6N's, won two grand slams.

Latest posts