• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Players

<div class='quotemain'>
Agreed with above

Surprised Croft didnt get picked in the world cup squad.
[/b]

You obviously don't watch much rugby? [/b][/quote]

Yes I know realistically there are much better flankers than him in Smith and Elsom but I feel he should've been given a spot in the squad of 30ish? while teammate Mcmenimun gets spot in the England game. Croft > Mcmenimun (He's a good player but I reckon Croft is a better play) He got a spot in 2003 anyway..

Agreed Jason White is very underated, he was injured for this years six nations and has done little since he came back. In the 2006 6 nations however he was superb, an array of huge hits on not just backs but forwards. There is a clip of him on youtube thumping Mortlock who is a very strong guy.

Agreed Jason White is very underated, he was injured for this years six nations and has done little since he came back. In the 2006 6 nations however he was superb, an array of huge hits on not just backs but forwards. There is a clip of him on youtube thumping Mortlock who is a very strong guy.
[/b]

White is very underrated and a fine leader. At club level what about Peter Buxton. The man is a workaholic.

Jacque Fourie is extremely underated, a scoring machine and quick. [/b]

TOTALLY agree. He contributes alot to the team and in return has been rewarded with an impressive individual record. The 'Iron Man' of the Bok backline

juan smith, he might be a lot better than schalk burger! one of the players of the world cup

juan smith, he might be a lot better than schalk burger! one of the players of the world cup
[/b]

Well which one has been named IRB player of the year before. :bleh!:

I agree about Smith being very good but i dont think he is underated.

This might be a bit of a surprise but Akone Ndungane (spelling?). When i watched him play against the Ba Baas he was one of the few good performers for the Boks, tackling Sheridan a man twice his size. In fact i dont even know who the flankers were that day because they seemed invisible in open play, Ndungane seemed to make most of the tackles.

I heard Akone was quite fast, habana fast.
[/b]

Hmm, i think he is quite quick but i've seen Pietersen outpace him who generally isnt reguarded to be quite as fast as Habana.

<div class='quotemain'>
I heard Akone was quite fast, habana fast.
[/b]

Hmm, i think he is quite quick but i've seen Pietersen outpace him who generally isnt reguarded to be quite as fast as Habana.
[/b][/quote]
Akone and his brother are both definitely quick, but they both take awhile to catch up speed. I also think he gets over looked because he doesn't have much flair. I have viewed him in recent times as our stable winger, he might not do much but atleast he doesn't screw up very often. He has really improved his overall game in the last couple of years though and is respected by most Blue Bull supporters i know

Gavin Henson

but hope it stays this way cause the buggers metro
n has pretty crappy taste in women [/b]

Henson underated? What's he done in the last 2 or 3 years that was worth rating at all?

Brent Russel - sure he's small but he has a pretty expansive skillset that could land him at any of his 3 positions. i'd personally have him at fullback but he never got a chance with Percy at Sharks, now he's playing for Sarries, so I doubt he'll get a shout for international duty unless he comes back to SA or maybe France.

Ma'a Nonu - Why isn't he in the AB team all the time? He was amazing in the Baba's match?

Nick Evans - I think it's a sad state of affairs that he rarley gets a shout at 10 for the AB, maybe he'll get a shot at it sometime soon if Dan Carter gets injured or something.

Brent Russel - sure he's small but he has a pretty expansive skillset that could land him at any of his 3 positions. i'd personally have him at fullback but he never got a chance with Percy at Sharks, now he's playing for Sarries, so I doubt he'll get a shout for international duty unless he comes back to SA or maybe France.

Ma'a Nonu - Why isn't he in the AB team all the time? He was amazing in the Baba's match?

Nick Evans - I think it's a sad state of affairs that he rarley gets a shout at 10 for the AB, maybe he'll get a shot at it sometime soon if Dan Carter gets injured or something.
[/b]

I was at the BaaBaa's match.... with some fat south african woman screaming all the time behind me (not trying to be discriminative to boks, she was fat).

Anyway, yea he played well but I think New Zealand just thought that their centres were better. Read this somewhere before.

Nick Evans - I think it's a sad state of affairs that he rarley gets a shout at 10 for the AB, maybe he'll get a shot at it sometime soon if Dan Carter gets injured or something. [/b]

Nonu didn't make the World Cup Squad because he has that annoying habit of getting destroyed by run of the mill centres like Jamie Noon.

Peter Stringer?? In my opinion one of the most over rated players there is. What does he do? Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. no kick, no run

Peter Stringer?? In my opinion one of the most over rated players there is. What does he do? Pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass. no kick, no run [/b]

that is fine for most scrum halfs, but Stringer's pass doesn't seem as sharp as it was 4 years ago. His lack of an all round game also forces ireland to be more dependant on O'Gara.

Latest posts