• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Players

i find it hard to believe that anyone underrates the tied abs record try scorer

i think howlett has been underrated in new zealand, especially gear, rokocoko, sivivatu in the mix.

regan king is underrated

Ivan Corleto. Better than Dempsey, Murphy, Morgan, Thomas, Lewsey, Cueto or Paterson. = with Montgomery and Hernandez. His attacking threat is huge and he's as solid as a rock in defence.

Nick Evans, poor bloke would be first choice in many international sides but doesn't get much game time with NZ because of carter

I agree with Nick Evans. He used to be useless but now he is good. Julian Huxley when he played for the Reds. Every time he played he would do something.

Piri Weepu, I still can't get over the fact the AB's f***** him over made him train for 7 weeks just so they can take someone else. Him and Ma'a Nonu have been carving up in the Air New Zealand Cup. I think Ma'a would of made a better impact than Isaia "butterfingers" Toeava.

Nick Evans is a good player but he is so injury prone - his ham strings are like 10 year old rubber bands and snap all the time. He has never shaken his injuries and probably will never reach his potential.

probably it's d'arcy everybody talk about o'driscoll but d'arcy what a player !!!

probably it's d'arcy everybody talk about o'driscoll but d'arcy what a player !!! [/b]

He's not underrated. He's got the Richard Hill syndrome where after a while of everyone focusing on his playing partners (O'Driscoll) people finally started talking about how good he was in his own right. But he's no longer underrated. Fans and pundits are always talking about how good he is in his own right. how is that underrated?? I not met anyone who doesn't rate him highly.

Brent Russel, he has pace to burn and is great at opening up defense. Obviously he is small but he has several great attributes about his game.

James Haskell for sure. Bags of pace, strong and very astute. Should have gone to the world cup, but I'm sure will be a cornerstone of the England back-row for years to come !!!

I'm going to go back in time a few years and bring out a player I thought was hard done by: Dion Muir. I don't think he ever got to wear the All Black jumper but he always performed so well for Waikato and the Maori. True leader. By the way does anyone know what happened to him?

I think Scott Murray, Nathan Hines, Jason White and Chris Patterson are all very much underrated from the Scottish team. From Wales, I dont think Henson is very appreciated. From Australia, David Croft and David Lyons are both underrated.

Latest posts