• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Most Underrated Players

Tom Varndell - will play wing for england one day

Mike Hercus - Brightest spot on USA with a spellable name.

Tom Varndell - will play wing for england one day

Mike Hercus - Brightest spot on USA with a spellable name. [/b]
He already has.

Made his debut on 26 November 2005 against Samoa and played another 2 tests in 2006 i think.. Don't know much about his 2007 antics.

He has played plenty of Rugby 7s for England though I think.

He played in the second test in Australia in 2005. He score a try, but in general was poor.

He played in the second test in Australia in 2005. He score a try, but in general was poor. [/b]

He has a lot of work to do. Playing in behind a Tigers pack going forward is a lot easier than attacking Latham and Tuquiri with no space to work with.

He's not the finished article but try scoring potential is there.

<div class='quotemain'> Tom Varndell - will play wing for england one day

Mike Hercus - Brightest spot on USA with a spellable name. [/b]
He already has.

Made his debut on 26 November 2005 against Samoa and played another 2 tests in 2006 i think.. Don't know much about his 2007 antics.

He has played plenty of Rugby 7s for England though I think.
[/b][/quote]

On a consistent basis is what i meant. 7s doesn't count. Like it has been said, he has the potential

Yeah, has the potential to cost England a narrow victory with his complere inability to pass, catch, kick, tackle or read a game.

i think varndell should be worthy of a recall. he scores tries, and they, more often than not, win you matches. people can go on all they like about his lack of tackling but he's twice the tackler he was last season. he deserved a chance, and his first time in an england shirt wasn't that bad as people are making out. i hope he proves selecters wrong and makes his name set in stone in the saxons.

The most underrated player ever is Nyanga because after his first couple of years he became a ball snaffler and know you never hear about him

Goode - England should really cap this guy more - has been class for Tigers
The new Henson, but thats because his contribution these days is not the most obvious - being a defensive captain, obviously works only conceded 2 tries this 6Nations

Schalk Brits of the Stormers. By a long shot extremely underrated. Most agile hooker on the planet.

Schalk Brits of the Stormers. By a long shot extremely underrated. Most agile hooker on the planet.
[/b]
I'll never forget that superb line break against the Blues (or was it the Chiefs? ****, I forget :p)

[/b]
I'll never forget that superb line break against the Blues (or was it the Chiefs? ****, I forget :p)

However good Andy Goode is :bana: he's damn ugly I don't particularly want to watch him do anything.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Wasnt it the Reds, when he bet 2 players before sprinting at an impressive pace and set up a try.

i think varndell should be worthy of a recall. he scores tries, and they, more often than not, win you matches. people can go on all they like about his lack of tackling but he's twice the tackler he was last season. he deserved a chance, and his first time in an england shirt wasn't that bad as people are making out. i hope he proves selecters wrong and makes his name set in stone in the saxons.
[/b]
Please dont put Vardell forward for England. He has pace but he is clueless in every other facet of the game. You might as well pick Dwayne Chambers.

Pierre Spies, he's going to be the worlds best player at some point i feel.

Latest posts