• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Multiplayer is still going!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 8 2006, 10:03 PM
I was in Auckland in the weekend for work and tried to get a hold of Gay-Guy on the Friday night for a game, but fate conspired against it.

Still, he rang me on the Sunday, (I was unfortunately back at Ch-Ch airport) and we had a quick talk about organising a tourney for later in the year.

Our first idea was Wellington. A good central meeting place. What do you other multi-player guys think? Labour Weekend?
Shame you guys didn't get to meet up, would have been an interesting clash :D

I think there will probably be too few of us to have regional meets, a national one sounds good, and Wellington does seem the most central. Labour Weekend also gives time to prepare financially and form wise :p

So count me in, I'm keen :)

well what dates are labour weekend, my dads bday is around that time and i am going home (its his 60th so i kinda have to be there) but if i am here i would be happy enough to set it all up here. if there is enough for a hall i could arrange that, or else i could arrange for most of my furniture to be moved out side and set up the projector on a wall for a game and maybe my tv for another.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 8 2006, 10:49 PM
well what dates are labour weekend, my dads bday is around that time and i am going home (its his 60th so i kinda have to be there) but if i am here i would be happy enough to set it all up here. if there is enough for a hall i could arrange that, or else i could arrange for most of my furniture to be moved out side and set up the projector on a wall for a game and maybe my tv for another.
I can bring another projector and another console.......maybe if we get a third projector from somewhere else then we can have 3 areas of play at once........

....I can also bring some of my crew to increase comp numbers.......however they are not TRF members so I can leave them behind if you want to make it TRF only....

...but Labour weekend does sound good because it is a wee way off and everybody can start planing and saving and also PRACTICING..........we can put photos and videos on TRF of the event.....

....did I say "event"????? :lol:

From the sounds of it theres only about 4 TRF members keen, so may as well bring crew, as we could also have a few extra players too, make it more of a tournament 'event'...

ill try get my flatmate to play, he is a trf member (new) but he doesnt play it. if we have more than one projector we will need a bigger place, my place is to small.

also do we have a choice of console to play it on? i only have it on pc, but we can hire it out for my xbox. or we could hire it out for the ps2 as well (flatmates)

Originally posted by woosaah@May 9 2006, 10:23 AM
ill try get my flatmate to play, he is a trf member (new) but he doesnt play it. if we have more than one projector we will need a bigger place, my place is to small.

also do we have a choice of console to play it on? i only have it on pc, but we can hire it out for my xbox. or we could hire it out for the ps2 as well (flatmates)
Sh*t very good point, as I know the Invercargill players are on Xbox. We'll need to find out the most popular console to play it on, as then it also gives time to practise using that console, if say for us it's to be on PS2...

If Xbox, possibility we can bring Xbox's up to use...

An easy way to handle the whole TRF members/ non members thing would be to have a comp for the TRF Championship and a comp for an Rugby '06 NZ Open kind of event. There is a whole weekend to base it around.

With regard to Woosah. As far as I'm concerned, he is an integral TRF member and we couldn't leave him out. The problem with Labour weekend is that heaps of us will have other plans for that weekend anyway. Why not get everyone who can take a Friday and Monday holiday to make it a long weekend on either the fortnight before or the fortnight after Labour Weekend?

The reason I'm saying fortnight, is that a lot of peoples bosses won't allow a long weekend on the weekend directly before or after a stat one.

My idea for format?

Well, how about two players play each other, then swap teams and play each other. If either player wins both games they go straight through to the next round. If it's one all, then the player who scored the most tries gets to decide which of the two teams he/she wants for the decider?

Five minute halves until the quarters or semis? 10 minute semis and final?

After all, one off games can be flukes, or the game itself seems to help one side a little more than the other in certain facets of the game.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 9 2006, 12:23 PM
Woosah. - we couldn't leave him out.

The reason I'm saying fortnight, is that a lot of peoples bosses won't allow a long weekend on the weekend directly before or after a stat one.

After all, one off games can be flukes, or the game itself seems to help one side a little more than the other in certain facets of the game.
Can't have anyone miss out, totally agree;

Good call, we'll just make a long weekend;

Home team advantage tends to help some teams more than others too...

true, best out of 3 would be best i think, but then i dont know about the home advantage thing as still i have only playe those few games on mutliplayer.

ill let you know when i am going (as i dont know when my dads bday is i just know its in october around the middle somewhere and i still dont know the dates for labour weekend :)

From my calendar it's Sat 21, Sun 22 and Mon 23 Oct is Labour Weekend.

The more the merrier for the tournament I reckon, TRF member or not, I'm sure everyone would be welcome.

Good chance to see where we all stand, was the victim of a Chiro outburst yesterday so a chance to prove his statement could be with us soon(ish)...

we should advertise somewhere, like gamesman or eb or something.

na maybe that wouldnt work, people might expect prizes, unless gamesman or eb would sort out prizes... and maybe they need to pay for entry like 10 dollar or something. hmmm this could be a good money making idea for us/trf :p

meh maybe i am talking out my ass :D

I'd pay a 10 dollar entry fee... Hell it'd cost 800 bucks worth of petrol anyway.

Whens Labour weekend?

Originally posted by kaftka@May 9 2006, 04:51 PM
I'd pay a 10 dollar entry fee... Hell it'd cost 800 bucks worth of petrol anyway.

Whens Labour weekend?
From my calendar it's Sat 21, Sun 22 and Mon 23 Oct is Labour Weekend.[/b]

Could be wrong though :p

Bringing money into it (as far as entry fees and prizes) opens up a whole can of worms, including Inland Revenue and if the total prize pool is over a grand then Internal Affairs have to be notified and the rules spelled out to them along with who gets what etc.

Money can be put in to hire a venue, and to buy a cup (engraved with a message), but it'd have to run by someone who is really good with money. We all get on well and like each other, but money is money and we'd have to be sure about the treasurer for this endeavour.

So, we're beginning to get a sketchy outline of things so far, and it's sounding good so far. If we all put away 15-20 bucks a week for travel etc. We should be able to get ourselves there and still have plenty of dosh.

I hope you guys will document this event on video and share it with us eh? I'll be in NZ in Nov 07 and I hope to meet up and play against anyone who's willing to enlighten me to the way of the multiplayer

Any weekend around that time would be good....however the reason I suggest Labour weekend is because of the travel factor...you need a day to travel....a day to play....another day to travel back.....3 days.

Well I may be able to bring 2 projectors and 2 x box consoles.....so we should now have 3 areas of play going at once.

From our home comps I have some suggestions......

With that many games going at once we should be able to do round robin games of 5 minut halves. Everyone plays everyone twice with everyone getting a go at first pick for their team once when they play someone two times. First choice player will also choose which side they will start on. At International level you can pull anyone in from your country to make up your squad. In the event of a dispute who is having the first choice a coin toss will ensure.

Super 14 rules for the round robin...bonus points etc.....everything recorded.

Top four in semis......unless we have by some miracle 20 guys playing....then it will be top eight for quarter finals.

Each playoff match will be 10 minute halves.....first team choice and and home advantage for the higher ranked from the round robin in each playoff match......thats only fair for all the hard work put in from the round robin.

However the final will be played on a "random" field......first choice of team will go to the higher ranked player. Also the final will be played for 20 minute halves so at the end the loser will have no excuses.

In the event of a draw for a playoff the game will restart but only for one half.

All games are played on elite level with wind at strong......brings more skill required for kicking.

XBox console....the only way to go hehe.

Well, if Woosah is available, then that'll be the best time to have it (Labour weekend).

Although if it were the weekend that Quintes was in NZ, it would also be cool.

Originally posted by C A Iversen@May 9 2006, 09:20 PM
Well, if Woosah is available, then that'll be the best time to have it (Labour weekend).

Although if it were the weekend that Quintes was in NZ, it would also be cool.
Quintes Posted on May 9 2006, 08:16 PM
I'll be in NZ in Nov 07

That would be good, and by then we'd know what works in setting up a tournament and what doesn't too... :p

well ill tell u the labor weekend scenario but nov is good where is quintes going???

Latest posts