• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Leinster

just watched the interview with O'Driscoll and Cullen and the great thing is that they're not losing the run of themselves, nothing has been won yet and that's certainly the message they were showing post match.

I bet McGeechan will also be pleased that he'll have his Munster contingent available right from the off for the tour, he'd be doing cartwheels if Leicester win in Cardiff tomorrow.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ May 2 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just watched the interview with O'Driscoll and Cullen and the great thing is that they're not losing the run of themselves, nothing has been won yet and that's certainly the message they were showing post match.

I bet McGeechan will also be pleased that he'll have his Munster contingent available right from the off for the tour, he'd be doing cartwheels if Leicester win in Cardiff tomorrow.[/b]

I'm not supporting Leicester for that or anything. But I think they are going to win. They didn't finish on top of the GP for no reason.

munster Contingent - Quinlan and O'Leary by the looks of it and I hope that Luke Fitz hasn't incurred any injury because he's been imense since the start of the 6N.

Epic, epic defence from Leinster. Shows that a bit of Irish beef can tackle anything be it NH or SH born ;)

And hey! Doc! You won't be have to wear a Munster Jersey this year like the rest of your mates! :D

Well it's gonna be one of Croft, Jones or Leamy. An out of them I'd go for Croft, he's the one who's been putting countless good performances in.

That was one of the worst eye gouging incidents I've seen in a while (caught so blatantly on camera that is)............. since the one on......... urm........... that Welsh hooker, can't remember his name, it was someones avatar for a while. Anyway, I think that will be at least 18weeks, if not more. What a completely moronic thing to do just before the biggest occasion of your entire career!

Croft vs Elsom may well be a mouth watering prospect (if they beat Cardiff tomorrow..if..)

However, seeing that Leinster player's eye being gouged was an eye watering sight. Someone's gonna get cited ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 2 2009, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rush + Powell vs Elsom may well be a mouth watering prospect (if they beat Leicester tomorrow..if..)[/b]

Corrected :p .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
However, seeing that Leinster player's eye being gouged was an eye watering sight. Someone's gonna get cited ;)[/b]

Better it happened now than him getting sent off whilst playing for the Lions. Don't want a dirty player like that on tour anyway!

Edit: well better if it didn't happen atall. Lucky he didn't cause some serious damage. Gotta start stamping this out of the game. Maybe we'll see him being made an example of, considering there's such blatant camera footage?

Just saw the video. Accident or not, that was way to close to the eyes with his index finger poised to gouge. Defiantly A ban warranted methinks.

Oh hang on, am I getting confused? Does Elsom play 6 or 8 for Leinster, same for Croft? Cos if Pestwick was commenting on the battle of 6's, then although Molitika is a great player for the Blues, it wouldn't be as mouthwatering as a Croft v Elsom matchup.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ May 2 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh hang on, am I getting confused? Does Elsom play 6 or 8 for Leinster, same for Croft? Cos if Pestwick was commenting on the battle of 6's, then although Molitika is a great player for the Blues, it wouldn't be as mouthwatering as a Croft v Elsom matchup.[/b]

Elsom plays 6.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ May 2 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well it's gonna be one of Croft, Jones or Leamy. An out of them I'd go for Croft, he's the one who's been putting countless good performances in.

That was one of the worst eye gouging incidents I've seen in a while (caught so blatantly on camera that is)............. since the one on......... urm........... that Welsh hooker, can't remember his name, it was someones avatar for a while. Anyway, I think that will be at least 18weeks, if not more. What a completely moronic thing to do just before the biggest occasion of your entire career![/b]

That be Garin Jenkins

From Black Sunday to Blue Saturday

(I will demand lots of Rep if that is used by any of the papers tomorrow or Monday :p)

I am gutted :(

Huge performance from Leinster. Every single Leinster player can take a great deal of pride from this performance, 1-22 all played a part. All the usual suspects turned up, as well as players who you wouldn't expect it from having the game of their life (Mr. Stanley Wright, take a bow).

Munster were absolutely Munstered by Heaslip, Jennings, Elsom D'Arcy and O'Driscoll at the breakdown, with loads more guys helping out. Superb.

Contepomi was having a great game, just weeks after that f***ing numpty Corkery said he was minding himself for Toulon next year :lol:

Sexton looked very good, another "game of his life" performance by the looks of it.

Isa Nacewa shocked everybody in the pub but me by the it seemed. Having actually seen him play 15 before, I was laughing all day yesterday at the "Liability" comments.

(Tarbh, I don't want to take anything away from Leinster's incredible performance, but you are having a f***ing laugh if you think Owens was favouring Munster, and nice homophobic comment from a mod as well, well done. Today is Leinsters say but I'll tell you why you are wrong tomorrow or maybe the day after)

What a game. I've been to Croke Park for most of the home games now, and I havent experienced anything like it. granted you cant help but get swept away but the atmosphere was something special. I've watched the highlights too and it just doesnt come through the TV. Fair fecking fooks to the Leinster fans for not selling out to the red hoard. We made as much if not more noise. Everytime there was a whisper of The Fields, they were drowned out pretty quickly (exept for one stubborn attempt early in the second half), and in the end it was Boys in Blue, Allez les Blues, Molly Malone and one spontaneous outburst of Ole Ole.

The funniest point for me was a bunch of about 10 Leinster fans walking up to the stadium chanting "Athenry's in Galway, Athenry's in Galway na na na na, na na na na (and repeat)." It set the good humoured tone for the game, but we all got great use of that during the game.

I wont both stating the obvious about the usual players (B O'D, Rocky etc.)but in my eyes D'Arcy just made the Lions selectors look like a bunch of idiots. What a game he had.

Munster didnt play well because they werent allowed to play well. I've never seen them beaten up that badly before but it wasnt just confined to the back, it continued out the backs. No matter who came forward they were swarmed by the centres and Jennings. It was so damned physical for 80 minutes.

Seeing a few of the Munster lads comment on the ref. Nigel Owens is an excellent ref but he game Munster everything. Some poor decisions and some downright mystifying ones, even after watching the highlights on TV. Poor game. On the Healy yellow, Healy barged with the shoulder, it was O'Driscoll who trailed the arm and barely made contact. A penalty but not a yellow, though during the match I thought something dodgy went on, it looks like we all missed it. Anyhoo, it obviously didnt change anything but some of the decisions were just weird.

Finally just a few images from the game itself. Didnt get a chance to take too many, spent most of the time in shock at what was happening on the pitch but here you go anyhoo.

Entering the stadium

Leinster fans on "the hill"

Eh......... a lineout

Leinster fans on "the hill" after the "red army" departed

I have more but they are either post match or pre-match, or of some bird at the back getting her bits out in the excitement.

Andy Powell is probably thinking one thing and one thing only:

Lesnarraep.jpg

EDIT: Fantastic photos by the way mate. I should post my photos..

Seriously lads, stop f***ing giving out about the referee. Munster lost and neither myself, Monkeypigeon or Shtove came in to this thread with the intention of giving out about the referee, just praising an incredible Leinster team. The first person to give out about the referee was bizarrely a Leinster fan.

You cannot complain about the referee whatsoever. The most significant moment of the game was Rocky preventing Dowling scoring a simple try from an offside position. Seriously, I was expecting Rocky in the bin and hoping for a penalty try, couldn't believe he let it go. After that you can have no complaints.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ May 3 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You cannot complain about the referee whatsoever[/b]

Yes we can. Just we can do it with one of those big smug grins on our face cause we know it makes no feckin difference whatsoever. :)

I managed to catch delayed coverage of the match, made sure I didn't know the score obviously, on ESPN, goodness knows what NZ is doing with an ESPN channel, but it does come in handy, and I was really impressed with Leinster. Some of their back line moves were just breathtaking, especially when the commentators broke down the play in replays with circles and lines and all that.

I especially liked Luke Fitzgerald's try. It was just a great back line try. Through the hands and then a great finish at the end. I'd heard a bit about Fitzgerald, but this is the first time I've had a proper look at him, and he looks class. Shame he went off injured.

Just a few quotes on Quinlans "naughtyness"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Neither Paul O’Connell, the Munster and Lions captain, nor Leinster coach Michael Cheika saw the incident in a ferocious game at Croke Park. But both provided positive character references for Quinlan.

“Quinny isn’t that type of guy,†said O’Connell. “He is a tough player. It is the one thing he hasn’t got in his record book. If it looked bad, I am sure there was nothing in it.â€

After watching his side book their first Heineken Cup final appearance with a 25-6 victory, Cheika added: “Quinlan is a good operator and a good guy and I have a lot of respect for him.

“He is a hard guy. That is the battle. Between Munster and Leinster it is a war and you have to be as aggressive as you possibly can. I can’t see him doing it.â[/b]

Latest posts