• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Cardiff Blues

I couldn't hear commentary because I was in the pub...and couldn't tell exactly what was happening.

But does anyone think there could be ciings over the little scrap that happened after Donnocha Ryan was called for a tackle in the air (though the replay showed that he was probably a little hard done by-) and then

1) Yapp started on Horan for seemingly no reason and threw a punch or two (possible citing?)
2) Horan pushes Yapp away by face (and considering the whole hands near eyes thing at the moment - Probable citing?)

Nah, was nothing there at all. Yapp had a small go at Ryan for the tackle in the air (tackle was a penalty, but was nothing serious), then Horan comes in and him and Yapp have a go at each other. There was no proper punches put in by either player, and I didn't see any eye gouging by Horan. I was also in the pub though, so I could be mistaken, but I'd be very surprised if anyone is cited.

Didn't see the second half.

Blues' lineout was rubbish in the first half. Well, 'rubbish' doesn't even begin to describe it. Munster's first try was a farce. Excellent jinking run by Halfpenny before being called back for nothing.
Rush's try was excellent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 12 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Didn't see the second half.

Blues' lineout was rubbish in the first half. Well, 'rubbish' doesn't even begin to describe it. Munster's first try was a farce. Excellent jinking run by Halfpenny before being called back for nothing.
Rush's try was excellent.[/b]

Nothing but the accidental offside?

Your player running full pelt into a Cardiff player without the ball doesn't make it an accidental offside. There was Munster obstruction before Horan dived for the line aswell.

Not saying they didn't deserve to win. Cardiff deserved to lose if anything.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 12 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your player running full pelt into a Cardiff player without the ball doesn't make it an accidental offside. There was Munster obstruction before Horan dived for the line aswell.

Not saying they didn't deserve to win. Cardiff deserved to lose if anything.[/b]

Ok, I won't argue with their being a Munster obstruction because I honestly don't remember,

but Halfpenny ducked behind one of his players who blocked Leamy and someone else, so yeah it wurz an obstruction.

Twas a lovely jinky run though.

From the angle I saw, Leamy was nowhere near Halfpenny anyway...
Jiffy argued the decision and said it was either a penalty for obstruction or nothing; not 'accidental'.

Also, it is unethical to call play back after somebody has made such a sexy run.

Perhaps a better opening phrase for this topic would have been 'Xavier Rush travels to Limerick...', as he seemed to be the only one playing for the Blues, with the xception of the odd moment of Halfpenny/Blair.

Morland > Stringer

I can't think of many other scrumhalves who can shy away from a tackle, give away 7 points and not be criticized for it. The sooner O'Leary is back the better.

Felix Jones is looking like an excellent, excellent player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 12 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Felix Jones is looking like an excellent, excellent player.[/b]
He's had two very solid outings thus far. Munster have quietly developed a lot of options in the back 3. Warrick, Earls, Jones, Howlett, Hurley (who's been very impressive since switching to the wing) and Dowling offer varying options depending on how Munster want to play the game. I'm hugely impressed with how Tony McGahan is developing the squad.

Re: Munster obstruction. If you look at it closely, either Alan Quinlan or Denis Leamy cleverly (and illegally!) eased a couple of Cardiff's fringe defenders out of the way allowing Marcus Horan dive over. It was very tough for the ref to pick up on it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 12 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
From the angle I saw, Leamy was nowhere near Halfpenny anyway...
Jiffy argued the decision and said it was either a penalty for obstruction or nothing; not 'accidental'.

Also, it is unethical to call play back after somebody has made such a sexy run.[/b]

He's right then, it should have been a penalty.

I agree with your point on ethics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Sep 12 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Sep 12 2009, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Felix Jones is looking like an excellent, excellent player.[/b]
He's had two very solid outings thus far. Munster have quietly developed a lot of options in the back 3. Warrick, Earls, Jones, Howlett, Hurley (who's been very impressive since switching to the wing) and Dowling offer varying options depending on how Munster want to play the game. I'm hugely impressed with how Tony McGahan is developing the squad.

Re: Munster obstruction. If you look at it closely, either Alan Quinlan or Denis Leamy cleverly (and illegally!) eased a couple of Cardiff's fringe defenders out of the way allowing Marcus Horan dive over. It was very tough for the ref to pick up on it.
[/b][/quote]

A bit like Heaslip giving Matfield a nudge to mke space for Phillips to score for the Lions in the 1st Test?
I once again missed most of this match, apart from Munsters tries, a replay of Rush's try and Halfpenny's sexy run. Looked like Musnter deserved it though, so well done to the men in Orangey-Red :p
Personally I'd play Warburton at 7 from now on, I'm not a big fan of Sowden-Taylor so I really want to see Dai Young try something new. Wht happened to Rhys Shellard anyway? I remember him having some very good games a couple of seasons ago, but he's dropped off the map since. The Blues seem to be very slow starters, last season they didn't start that well but ended as being seen as Wales's best region (even if they did get hammered in the last 2 games because of resting Lions players)
Am just hoping they can pick it up when Lions and injured players come back, but the form of a pack that's only really missing Martyn Williams and Gethin Jenkins (who do leave big shoes to fill) is worrying.

It just brings to your attention how good Martyn and Gethin are. They single-handedly seem to lift the Blues pack to being one of the best in Europe...

Without M. Williams and G Genks you were eaten alive at the breakdown. So I'm thinking this Warburton guy can't make it any worse. Sowden-taylor did seem slightly not-there at ruck time.

Well, against Edinburgh last week, Warberton comes onto the pitch and the first thing he does is turn the ball over for the Blues. Noticed before the Ospreys match today that he was playing for the Glanmorgan Wonderers in the Premiership, wtf? Wales' most talented and promising young forward should be playing week in week out in the Magners league.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 12 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, against Edinburgh last week, Warberton comes onto the pitch and the first thing he does is turn the ball over for the Blues. Noticed before the Ospreys match today that he was playing for the Glanmorgan Wonderers in the Premiership, wtf? Wales' most talented and promising young forward should be playing week in week out in the Magners league.[/b]
I was wondering why that was.He was still on the bench for the Blues, though, so I guess it's a case of them trying to get as much experence under his belt as possible before he's flung into the HEC or AIs or whatever.

Latest posts