• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Ospreys

Thing is though, and last saturday in B&I Cup showed, Manning has bags of talent and well it is possible if he avoided injury and went down proper paths he'd pick up an All Black cap.

And Dullonien, I think Blues have to win by 3points or more and deny Munster BP so it simpe win and deny Munster BP.
But well it the Munster way that they'll be up for it regardless of what happens in San Sebastien ie.
Scenario 1 - If we win we'll be on a high and well confidence in camp will be booming
Scenario 2 - If we loose H'Cup SF then we'll be fired up to save the season.

Either way I'd nearly guarantee Munster will collect the loosing BP at very least and well it is typical and seem's destiny for Munster and Leinster in RDS week before H'Cup final :D :D

Jeremy Manning could never get an All Blacks cap...never.

You speak alot of sense muffin...but sometimes you're actually CRAZY.

Thing is though, and last saturday in B&I Cup showed, Manning has bags of talent and well it is possible if he avoided injury and went down proper paths he'd pick up an All Black cap.
It's one thing looking good in the B&I Cup and the AIL as Manning has done. It's quite another looking good in the Magners League and Heineken Cup. In those competition Manning has been out of his depth. He can become a servicable backup flyhalf for a mid-ranking team but he won't amount to more than that. I don't see how it's possible for Munster's 4th string flyhalf to ever come close to picking up a New Zealand cap.

Pretty sure the B & I cup isn't of the same standaard as top international rugby.

No my point was he can improve IF he picks the right path for his career. Like maybe one thing he'll have learnt from his time in Munster is he hasn't skills for 10 but 12 may be his role,
Having seen him enough he reminds of Luke McAlister in some ways (not as good though)

And just for record, I don't think he'll win a cap but if he was given right guidance and avoided injury he can improve.
And I also think he a 12 not a 10 and Snoop he could be lower than 4th choice 10 in some eyes.

For the blues to qualify it means we have to win by more than 7 points. At least it will add a bit of excitement to the game and get a bit of atmosphere going! If the blues win at wasps I may consider it being possible!

Have confidence Bluemoon. The Blues are easily the form team in the Magners League at the moment. I've been very impressed with just about every aspect of their game. Many of the players who've taken knocks in the last 2 weeks will be back (such as Gethin Jenkins, Rush, Roberts, Laulala). Not beating Munster at home will be a poor result, although denying them a bonus will always be difficult.

Should be a great game, already looking forward.

This is a genius idea by Celtic Rugby introducing play-off's as well season has been exciting and it will be down to very last game.
And in ML I think home-advantage isn't as vital as Europe.

And in ML I think home-advantage isn't as vital as Europe.

Agree with you there. But at the same time, Munster also don't have the same aura about them either. The Blues' home record isn't great this season though, so who knows which way it'll go.

I think Munster will get through to the playoffs they always do it the hard way and they love the preasure. I also think they will be more likely to win if the loose in san sebastian

Agree with you there. But at the same time, Munster also don't have the same aura about them either. The Blues' home record isn't great this season though, so who knows which way it'll go.

The thing is Munster do have same aura when it matters.
Like think
- (vs Perpignan away) this was when we would officially have nail in coffin according to reports
- (vs Saint in QF) The scrum was been ridiculed and well Saints were supposed to hammer us there and Munster defied logic.

I know some performances have been poor but as coonor said Munster seem to just react to pressure positively and deliver.
Like don't get me wrong it not the be all and end all if we don't qualify and well f we don't little break will help players before touring but we still have a gear where we hit when pressure comes.

Yeah it's not the greatest year for Munster performance wise however their still in the competions avialable. I think other leeser teams have had a good year espicially connacht, who thought they could be the only unbeaten team in the european comps

For sure munstermuffin, in the Heineken Cup. If it were a HC game, I'd probably back Munster to do what they need, and that's in part down to the aura surrounding them in that particular competition. I just don't think the same can be applied of the Magners League, where Munster get beaten on a regular basis, that aura suddenly dissapears. Maybe Munster will raise their game enough, I'm not really questioning that, but the Blues won't fear Munster playing in the Magners in the same way they might in the Heineken.

I know it shouldn't matter what competition it is, but psycologically to players it probably will. For instance, I don't think Munster could ever batter the Ospreys in the Magners, the way they did in last years HC quarter. That was a combination of Munster raising their game, AND the Ospreys completely bottling it. Maybe the playoff's will introduce something different, something that get's HC kinda performances out of the teams. Hopefully it will.

The fact that there's this much talk surrounding the end of the season is just great. Best end of season I've witnessed, just so many teams in it till the last few rounds. Superb!

I 100% agree the Blues won't fear Munster in same way as H'Cup game and I'd be more confident if it were H'Cup. But my point is Munster never HAD to win a ML game like to trigger a circumstance, like this is 1st time they have had to win to qualify and fact it a knock-out game i think will just raise the standard a bit.

Also I agree Ospreys froze last year but well it wasn't that Munster raised their game they were in form of their lives until H'Cup SF last year :( and froze. (Personally I blame Lions announcement)

I 100% agree the Blues won't fear Munster in same way as H'Cup game and I'd be more confident if it were H'Cup. But my point is Munster never HAD to win a ML game like to trigger a circumstance, like this is 1st time they have had to win to qualify and fact it a knock-out game i think will just raise the standard a bit.

Also I agree Ospreys froze last year but well it wasn't that Munster raised their game they were in form of their lives until H'Cup SF last year :( and froze. (Personally I blame Lions announcement)

I completely agree. I think there is more of a high quality standard in the magners league its now a top class league so the magners league means much more now. hopefully this will show to munster that they cant just walk their way through to the play-offs and then start playing propper rugby. This year Leinster have shown how much they want to be a top class team and the Ospreys have performed to a high standard. Munster need to show more commitment in the magners. I still think Munster will win in cardiff however this should be a wake up call

I completely agree. I think there is more of a high quality standard in the magners league its now a top class league so the magners league means much more now. hopefully this will show to munster that they cant just walk their way through to the play-offs and then start playing propper rugby. This year Leinster have shown how much they want to be a top class team and the Ospreys have performed to a high standard. Munster need to show more commitment in the magners. I still think Munster will win in cardiff however this should be a wake up call

The Magners League really has shown itself to be one of the best this season. It's up there with the Top 14 (I consider the Super 14 in competition with the HC, not the Magners). The Magners League is a small league, but in some ways that has made the ending this year very exciting, as just about every team (bar Scarlets, Ulster and Connacht) had a chance to make it into the playoffs with just 2 games remaining (technically the Dragon's can still make it, although it would take an unbelievable combination of results, including winning away at the Ospreys by 55+ points!).

I completely agree. I think there is more of a high quality standard in the magners league its now a top class league so the magners league means much more now. hopefully this will show to munster that they cant just walk their way through to the play-offs and then start playing propper rugby. This year Leinster have shown how much they want to be a top class team and the Ospreys have performed to a high standard. Munster need to show more commitment in the magners. I still think Munster will win in Cardiff however this should be a wake up call

Corrected

Blues might be missing a few but they have the potential to shock.

It really is a game that will go down to who performs on day like I know we can say Munster have poor away form this season but in ML it rare they hav e their best team out. So all these records are irrelevant as it comes down to it but we do have small matter of San Sebastien to deal with 1st :D

I agree with youmunstermuffin. Munster have invested nearly everything in the Heineken cup this year so don't worry they will peform and win on sunday even if the game is played in San Sebastian. Winning the Henekein cup is the goal this season for Munster and the fact that they will probaly meet Leinster in the Final will give Munster more ambition. Roll on the all Ireland Final in Paris.
http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/../member.php?39240-munstermuffin

Well Lads just an update Paul O'Connell is 95% out for Sunday. According to some media even it looks like H'Cup final will be a race to be fit for if we qualify.
Watched Munster train and well Nick William and Coughlan rotated at 8 so don't know about that position. Mafi was running on wing but well Hurley was too.

As for ML, Coonor I disagree about Munster thinking they can walk into play-offs, fact is ML is all about the Squad and depht. Because of restrictions from IRFU the players are managed and it rare they play in ML, half of them so that why we battle. Leinster have a much bigger strength in depht and that is why they are top and Ospreys do too where as Glasgow don't seem to have restrictions on players.

Do you guys think that the absence Paul O'Connell is responsable for the good healt of the Munster scrum. Or is it the new scrum coach

Latest posts